Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with AI and their Correlation to Improper Stealth

Arniox

used to enjoy warframe specifically for its stealth. But with recent patches to the AI system in general and how it notices changes in the environment. There is not an easier or even useful way for me to do proper stealth anymore. For a game all about being a ninja in space, it feels dissimilar. For this reason, I am posting about the AI notice system being a bug.

- They are able to notice you anywhere you go, no matter where you go. This means that even if you're hiding and standing perfectly still either behind a rock, a boulder, or a stack of boxes; the AI still somehow, notice you and start firing immediately after seeing you. Completely breaking the stealth immersion that I oh so dearly miss about warframe. Somehow, all rest of the enemies within the mission immediately know exactly where you are and proceed to fire directly at you and set the alarms. It would be largely appreciated if you guys over at DE could work on a system that means when one enemy finds you, he doesn't alert everyone else in the entire map. For balancing issues, the enemies around the target/victim would become alerted (red arrow with small, red arrow inside it. Not full red arrow). If you can kill the enemy quick enough, then the mission quickly returns to stealth.

- When they notice a body, they immediately turn around and shoot directly at you. Now this doesn't happen all the time, they'll usually go to check the body and their arrow on the minimap will turn to the arrow within the arrow. Meaning they are alert. However, sometimes, they will turn around and shoot straight at you without consideration of positioning. They also do this without checking the body they were going to investigate or doing anything else. Again, completely breaking stealth.

- The stealth itself is extremely weak and only held on the barest of legs. The stealth mechanic is very fun and immersive when it works, however, it's very weak. The slightest notice from enemies or the barest hint that you exist sets them off and completely breaks the mission. I noticed this when I played TWW quest. In the quest, you are required to be stealthy, or at least; it's an option. However, it's so easy to break. You got spotted easily, and once they notice you: the whole stealth concept breaks and turns into a boring exterminate. That's why I used alt-f4 about 20 times during TWW and started from the start over 20 times, just because I wanted that perfect stealth mission. I love stealth (you can probably tell at this point).

- There is no way to very quickly calm everything down and return to stealth. As soon as the alarms sound off, all you can do is shut them down, and then go and hide in a corner for a couple mins on the other side of the map. Eventually, they forget about you. It's extremely annoying and for most exterminates where I want to farm XP or something similar, I can't go through the entire mission unseen (which is what I would really enjoy having the ability of).
They can and will spot you in all sorts of positions that you never thought possible to be visible. There have been so many times I have completely aborted and restarted the mission due to the enemies just seeing me and going berserk instantly and giving no time to cool them down or stealth kill them. A solution for this would be blind or cc abilities actually blind enemies and thus remove all notice of you as a player.
An example of this would be when you use equinox, you could sleep some enemies and remove any notice they had of you so that you can stealth them. This would be particularly useful in stealth exterminates so as to quickly stop enemies from shooting or warning others. You could sleep the group that saw you and then continue the mission relatively re-established as a stealth god.

TL;DR: Please fix stealth. Thank you.

Anyways, thanks for reading my spiel and I hope you at DE ( @[DE]Steve, @[DE]Rebecca, @[DE]Glen, @[DE]George ) can understand where I'm coming from and how annoying it is to try to enjoy turning a boring mission into a fun, hide and seek stealth mission and have it end really poorly. If you could maybe look into at least some of these problems, that would be really nice. Ty all at DE, love you all. And have a good night/day.

In regards - Arniox

Edited by Arniox
1 - Added context, tonality, and higher level English so as to not sound peeved. 2 - Grammar fixes and spelling errors.