Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe OPEN WORLD

highlife13

Warframe have such a good potential to become one of the most exciting and complex open world game available on the marketplace. It would make more money if it would be 10 euro more for having access at the open world than making money from character customization. The game would be following the same mechanics and missions but it would be more interesting if u would introduce a mmorpg style with a farming sistem adding some danger zones outside the city or safe zones where u can be dueling others without requiring permission or u can just be assassineted with a 1 hit kill from a lvl 100 player :)))). It would be great if the game could follow a bit of the sao season 2 shooter style game. Also they could be adding some gathering zones where players can interact with each other helping others with tips and tricks and drop events. They can even make tournaments which has a big arena with different terrains where the last man standing could win some legendary items, and to participate at those tournaments you would have to pay a small tax with real money (idk 5,6,7 euros). I want to hear more opinions and some new ideas and hope the creators will pay attention to our ideas 

I disagree. Not everything needs to be open world or MMORPG. And what you're saying would require them to rebuild the game from the ground up. Not only is that completely unnecessary, but it would yield in very little return. In other words, they would lose a lot of money for nothing.

Edited by CherryPauper

Due to how the game engine is and how the game is overall. This can't happen unless they rewrite the entire games code.

Though Steve said something to having bigger maps, sorta like the campaign from Halo.

Your idea is better off making an entire new game rather than changing Warframe.

Edited by Kai_Shiba

Sorry, but this isnt a good idea. Its possible that the warframe universe could be used to set up an open world game in the future, but changing the current game would mean undoing everything about the game to make it open world.

And then we could fly lisets into space with real time transitions, exploring a procedurally generated galaxy! We could fight grineer pirates, trade, or find planets to terraform and build our own planet based dojo that we need to manage and find resources for, while maintaining a growing colony of rogue Tenno!

It would be great! 

51 minutes ago, Ethandavid141 said:

That would be stupid and completely pull away from what WarFrame is... It's not an MMORPG because it's not made to be. We are edgy space teenagers, not knights fighting for a kingdom

We are Murder Happy Space Teenagers get it right there is a difference 

58 minutes ago, highlife13 said:

Warframe have such a good potential to become one of the most exciting and complex open world game available on the marketplace. It would make more money if it would be 10 euro more for having access at the open world than making money from character customization. The game would be following the same mechanics and missions but it would be more interesting if u would introduce a mmorpg style with a farming sistem adding some danger zones outside the city or safe zones where u can be dueling others without requiring permission or u can just be assassineted with a 1 hit kill from a lvl 100 player :)))). It would be great if the game could follow a bit of the sao season 2 shooter style game. Also they could be adding some gathering zones where players can interact with each other helping others with tips and tricks and drop events. They can even make tournaments which has a big arena with different terrains where the last man standing could win some legendary items, and to participate at those tournaments you would have to pay a small tax with real money (idk 5,6,7 euros). I want to hear more opinions and some new ideas and hope the creators will pay attention to our ideas 

NO also do you know how much pure CODING would have to be redone? a lot and also all the balance and such. and there is no tier of item really besides MK, Reg, Wraith/Prisma/Vandel and Prime and dex. . Plus the Mod system. and how would levels be set . what would a casual 3 year player at MR 10 b compared to a 1 yar MR 20 ? so many things have to be changed it is NOT worth the money. And adding on a partial pay to win? NO no thank you. And no one wants to get their crap looted or what the SAO thing is about. 

Also we already have PVP and you know how many people would DC  due to mirage spammer and such and also not everyone watchs SAO so you would need to explain that. 

I don't ever want Warframe to be an MMORPG. But I do want Warframe to be an open-world-lite using its existing tileset system. Basically, that would mean that missions offer multiple main and side objectives (thinking having separate capture, rescue, assassinate, and defense objectives in one mission in different areas of a tileset), and have civilian NPCs (not hundreds like in AC, but like the Relays) that you can interact with. In other words, I'd like to see Warframe be an open-world-style game within the current structure of the game. And this would only be for endgame, like Dark Sectors/Badlands. And I think something like this would be good for the Kingpin system, seeing as its based off of an openworld game. It's entirely possible for DE to do given their current tileset system.

But MMO? No. Warframe isn't an MMO. It isn't designed as an MMO and it never should become an MMO.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Like those saying it would take a HUGE amount of coding and time investment to turn this game into open world, it won't ever happen.

Sorry to say but how it is now is just how this game was designed to be. I've never heard of a game starting out non-open world and then going open world. The creators want to stick with what they've created because it is what has been working, so why change that?

It just doesn't make sense to change something that is fun to play and turn it into another generic Open world MMORPG. Especially if we were to have this...

7 hours ago, highlife13 said:

Adding some danger zones outside the city or safe zones where u can be dueling others without requiring permission or u can just be assassineted with a 1 hit kill from a lvl 100 player :)))). 

I don't want another Dark zone Division disaster please. This would turn me away from Warframe so quickly if this was included. So no, no open world.

I never thought it would be a good idea. But Zelda Breath of the wild has had a huge influence to changing my opinion towards how good open world games can be. It needs a full blown physics engine to start with. With weather, AI behavior, temperature, endless day/night and weather cycle. Pretty much everything has an effect on everything else.

• If i shoot off a flame thrower in a forest im expecting it to burn down.
  • If i shoot an enemy in the hand i expect thier gun to fly out of thier hand (or thier hand to fly off).
  • If an enemy runs out of bullets they'll scavenge for ammo. Or another weapon or switch to melee
  • AI needs various daily behavior patterns aswell as food and sleep too. (maybe even drop kids of at school if lore allows).
  • Abiltity to freeze river streams and water with weapons and abilities.
  • Ability to befriend wildlife or manipulate it to attack camps.

If its just going to be another ark/conan survival no thanks lol..

"It's not an MMORPG "

its not an "rpg" but it is indeed an mmo and its game structure shares a number of similarities with games like Vindictus.

1-4 - 8 man cells, levels, guilds, instanced missions chosen from a world map, a hub world where players all meet up, events and quests.

etc