Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator's voice lines in mission

Kaotyke

Now, I know a lot of you guys put work into those lines, but... some of them are just not good. Its not that they dont sound good on the Operator, but they dont sound good if it was anyone else.

Some of them are reduntant, things we already know and repeated.

On the Grineer side:

"You'd thing they would clone something a little less ugly"

The Grineer cant clone things less ugly because the degradation. Its purely a genetic defect, they cant help it.

To substitute for this:

"Heavily augmented by cybernetics, blindly loyal to their rulers.... more machine than human in every sense... that is what defines the Grineer."

-------------------------

"The Grineer used to be builders, but now all they make is war."

They were NOT builders, they were slaves! A good line to replace this would be,

"The Grineer were slaves to the Orokin, to be used and discarted on a whim... now they are blindly loyal to their Queens, serving their every whim and discarted just as easily... the only thing that changed for them was who the masters are."

----------------------------

The WROST offender:

"Keep talking, we are still trying to figure out how dumb you are."

Oh. My. Goodness. It doesnt matter who is talking, this line is not good.

"You are a target, your death was just a matter of time."

On the Corpus side of things:

"So, the Corpus is just a cult, worshiping money."

Well... we knew that for a while, again, its reduntant.

"'Corpus' used to mean 'family'... now its used as the name of a cult that would sell their family for profit."

"The Corpus remind me of the Orokin, selfish, greedy."

Not a bad line, but could be expanded:

"The Corpus wishes to become like the Orokin... they copied their greed and selfishness and nothing else."

---------------------------

"We will put an end to this Corpus greed."

Pure opinion, but it sounds very cheesy, an overhaul would be:

"The Corpus profit throught conflict and the death of others... lets give them a taste of their own medicine."

--------------------------

Now... in general.

"My Warframe is strong."

This line just... doesnt feel right. Something along the lines of

"We are doing great. Lets keep the pace."

--------------------------

"That was a close one."

When passing throught a horde of enemies, not getting hit. This line needs a few conditions before its said. Like:

*Lose all shields

*Lose 20-50% of Health

*Deliver line when Shields recover to 50% at least and Health is still low.

• Like 1

I like them. The tenno are pretty young, basically angsty teens so it makes sense for them to say these things. 

They were also asleep for a very long time so it makes sense for them to miss a few things here and there. i'd love more joke voice lines, but a few serious once would be nice to. I'd love something like a little competition between tenno in missions, comments on who's doing better, who has the better weapon, who's taken on the most enemies, and even occasional comments when you the player or a teammate use a flashy ability. Serious or joke comments on the mission type, tileset, and spontaneous events like assassins would be cool to.

Totally agree with ones such as "That was a close one"  needing stricter conditions. "How big is this place?" is a big offender there. I get the beef with the builder/slave thing, but I still feel the line sounds appropriate coming from child their age. Also, as has been said, some are simply jokes.

Can't agree about "My Warframe is strong." Largely because I've always interpreted it as a mantra they're saying to to psych themselves up, rather than a awkward declaration.

"Keep talking, we are still trying to figure out how dumb you are." I don't think I've ever heard that one, is it exclusive to certain voice choices?

2 hours ago, Implodingbanana said:

I like them. The tenno are pretty young, basically angsty teens so it makes sense for them to say these things. 

I keep wondering where people get this conclusion from. Never got a convincing answer.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Anemosylva said:

"Keep talking, we are still trying to figure out how dumb you are." I don't think I've ever heard that one, is it exclusive to certain voice choices?

Sometimes when you are fighting a Grineer boss they say that line.

2 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

DE said they'd be looking at Tenno VO a little while ago, they've probably been too busy to focus on the overhaul just yet.

That aside, I can only hope DE's proof-readers function better than yours. :clem:

Of course they will. They are actually being PAID.

the "Keep talking" line is a retort to boss taunts I think, while you're running through the level towards the boss fight and they're taunting you.

I agree with the Operator VOs being simply not good enough, mostly the actual lines, but also the delivery on a few. The proposed ones are all a bit longer, which I'm not sure will be an improvement in all cases, but they are definitely better lines overall.

I really get irritated when I start, say, Interception or Defense, and my tenno goes "maybe this will be easier if we don't alert them" ..yea. sure.

I would like to hear less redundant and outright silly lines (90% of current ones), more relevant stuff like "mod dropped here" (when you mark a drop), or lines related to the mission type at hand, completing an objective, losing a sentinel/pet and similar.

Edited by brokentool

• 4 years later...

you could say some of the lines are don't make sense but short line still better then longer lines. just remember this lines will be repeating every time u go in a mission and trigger it. and hearing long line after long line just no thx 

• Like 1

Spoiler

As someone said above, the Tenno are teens, at least in appearance, so even if they'd be seemingly immortal and thousands of years old teens, so I think having "no-frills -lines" on Tenno would be better because with age comes the wisdom of needing less of those fancy words to speak your truth, and the wisdom of understanding that you cannot always be objective, and that it's better to be subjective and accept your subjectivity than to roleplay objective when you're really not objective in your perspective.

That is why I like the simplified and funny and snarky and all those things Tenno lines are now. I like the light-heartedness and the simplicity of it.

Spoiler

The Tenno have suffered and witnessed suffering so much, and still do, that it'd be absurd to not assume them to be affected by it, so lines like "we're still trying to figure out how stupid you are" are to be expected, not because they're angsty teens but because they're thousands-years-old teen-faced ancient dreamers who are just too tired for the frills and don't need to put up faces for anybody, not to Ordis, not to Lotus, not to Teshin, and certainly not to Cephalon Simaris.