The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will There Ever Be Pvp?

ShiroyoOchigano

Is this some kind of season? Seeing PvP topics emerging everyday is rather hilarious.

Read the FAQ. Go looking the off-topic discussion, it's pinned there.

DE's stance is clear in this matter. Wait until they feel please with PvE and PvP probably going to come. However, I seriously doubt that we will get traditional shooter game from DE. There are other, more interesting kind of PvP that blend better with Warframe without remaking/rebalancing the entire content.

Is this some kind of season? Seeing PvP topics emerging everyday is rather hilarious.

Read the FAQ. Go looking the off-topic discussion, it's pinned there.

DE's stance is clear in this matter. Wait until they feel please with PvE and PvP probably going to come. However, I seriously doubt that we will get traditional shooter game from DE. There are other, more interesting kind of PvP that blend better with Warframe without remaking/rebalancing the entire content.

I don't care what game mode it is until and unless it is fun and requires skill to play and not a fat wallet. Having PvP is good enough for me.

Sadly, I agree with your comment on PvP-less games. You're right that a very large group enjoy PvP, and it seems foolish not to include it. However that doesn't mean that there doesn't exist another large group that enjoy the fact that a great new game is being developed that doesn't succombe to the current trend of incorporating PvP into everything. Yes, PvE-focused games eventually die, but must we really suck everything we can from every game produced? Why can't Warframe simply stay as a PvE game, and when the time comes for it to pass, let it go into history to make way for other games of its genre?

I respect that many people wish for PvP to be included somehow, and I know that it would never steal focus from Warframe's true intentions, but it's nice to see a game that doesn't require everything the current gaming trends include and stay in it's own niche.

There is nothing wrong with games eventually dying. If it was great game it can still be remembered. You never know, maybe Warframe will lead to a generation of PvP-less games and the current generation of CoD etc will end and we'll see something new?

Again, while not incorporating PvP may seem like it's missing out on a large audience, there still exist people who enjoy this break from the norm. :)

What you are suggesting is a very big gamble to take on as a game developer/producer/publisher/company. If it works then it deserves a standing ovation but its a big gamble and so if it fails DE will suffer more than just a game that will fade away into history.