Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Large Grineer Exploding Barrel location? (For codex)

Heavywpnguinea

Question

I only have 2 out of 12 scans on this and I don't know where to find them. Any of you guys know where to find them?

Bonus question: In the objects section, what is between "Nightfall apothic blueprint" and "Orokin Power Core" when looking at them alphabetically, missing something there.

Thanks for the help guys.

14 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Heavywpnguinea said:

I only have 2 out of 12 scans on this and I don't know where to find them. Any of you guys know where to find them?

Bonus question: In the objects section, what is between "Nightfall apothic blueprint" and "Orokin Power Core" when looking at them alphabetically, missing something there.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm very sure ceres spy has one of them, the spy vault where there's moving belts that transport those

Large Exploding Barrel

These are larger than normal barrels with extra bracing on their exterior. These barrels not only deal more damage than the normal explosive barrel, but are also situated in places where their destruction can destroy the surrounding environment, opening up new pathways or secret rooms. These barrels can currently be found on the Corpus Ship, Corpus Ice Planet, and Infested Ship tilesets, as well as one specific Grineer Spy vault.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Explosive_Barrel

Just now, Magicfingers said:

Large Exploding Barrel

These are larger than normal barrels with extra bracing on their exterior. These barrels not only deal more damage than the normal explosive barrel, but are also situated in places where their destruction can destroy the surrounding environment, opening up new pathways or secret rooms. These barrels can currently be found on the Corpus Ship, Corpus Ice Planet, and Infested Ship tilesets, as well as one specific Grineer Spy vault.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Explosive_Barrel

Yeah I checked the wiki, but "one specific grineer vault" was pretty vague so I was asking for a bit more in the way of specifics.

54 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Large Grineer exploding barrels can be found on Kuva Fortress tileset. you'll find them in places that will open alternate paths.

e.g. there's one under some stairs.

They spawn in a few specific tiles. One is under stairs like mentioned above. Kuva Fortress :D

They also spawn in one of the rooms of the sealab tileset on Uranus. This room has water running down a flight of stairs into a vortex. If you jump in it, you'll find yourself one level below with three of those barrels, some crates and sometimes a syndicate medallion. I had the room recently and remembered to make my scans.

Regarding the Grineer spy vault: I scanned those barrels ages ago and am still missing some scans for the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel. IIRC I first scanned all the regular barrels that you can find all over the place nowadays. Back then they were much less frequent. Then I discovered that those barrels in the spy vault were still orange and scanned them. They still appear green, so they seem to be different ones from the large barrels.

4 hours ago, Heavywpnguinea said:

hmm. just checked, i'm also missing that...

25 minutes ago, tsoa said:

They also spawn in one of the rooms of the sealab tileset on Uranus. This room has water running down a flight of stairs into a vortex. If you jump in it, you'll find yourself one level below with three of those barrels, some crates and sometimes a syndicate medallion. I had the room recently and remembered to make my scans.

Regarding the Grineer spy vault: I scanned those barrels ages ago and am still missing some scans for the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel. IIRC I first scanned all the regular barrels that you can find all over the place nowadays. Back then they were much less frequent. Then I discovered that those barrels in the spy vault were still orange and scanned them. They still appear green, so they seem to be different ones from the large barrels.

Thank you! First capture run I found this room. Props man.

Uranus is far more reliable for obtaining scans of the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel (in the flooded basement room) than Kuva Fortress.  The barrel in the Fortress appears only in one specific junction-type room, and your entrance into that room must be specific to one of the four possible entrances to the room.

As for the Grineer spy vault, the one in question is the one with conveyor belts everywhere.  However, despite the barrels having the appearance of the LGEB, and despite them previously registering as LGEB for scanning purposes, they now only register as Grineer Exploding Barrel.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:32 PM, Heavywpnguinea said:

Odd, I have nothing listed there. Mine says "Nightfall Apothic Imprint" though, not sure if that's what you meant to say.

Edited by Shifty9

On 18.3.2017 at 10:08 AM, N64Gamefreak said:

Uranus is far more reliable for obtaining scans of the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel (in the flooded basement room) [...]

Since I had extreme trouble figuring out the right tile viá this description(seriously dude, nearly every other tile has a flooded basement), here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

Entrance

4942E5BE5547A8C66812876D7E40C36ED9F896F1

3 Barrels right here

98C521C4948A17448F26A3766D1F00A04E283BC2

Missions found on:
Caliban (Uranus) Rescue
Ariel (Uranus) Capture

Edited by ScribbleClash
Added location

On 26.5.2017 at 7:10 PM, ScribbleClash said:

Since I had extreme trouble figuring out the right tile viá this description(seriously dude, nearly every other tile has a flooded basement), here are some screenshots:

Thx very much for that. Helped a lot!