Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

graphics problems

Shi-Susanoo

ok so ill admit i have a slow laptop, not the slowest thing in the world but with its current graphics card... it runs kinda slow. Now i love Warframe but when running in groups vs. running solo, its become a real problem, especially when i'm the one hosting the group. my graphics card though it tries its best, it clashes with the graphics of other players with higher graphics cards than me and it becomes a really hard issue of squeezing them in or when i myself am trying to squeeze in.

In fact i was teased by my last group recently about my internet when it was a issue with my graphics card and i tried to explain how my computer is gasping for air trying to run at the same pace as everyone else, yes my feelings were hurt a bit when they didn't take into consideration of how it affects me as well, but i'm a rock and i will just lick my wounds.

Anyway what i'd like to ask is can you guys fix the current graphical issues that have been causing major damage to players such as myself, and do something about teasing other players with slower computers. our computers are trying their hardest to run at the same pace as everyone else but it does us no good if we are mocked for having these issues, in fact a lot of us can't afford to get better gaming consoles and computers so we are stuck with what we currently have until the day we get more money to make a change, so it would be a big help if that too could be addressed as well.

The problem isn't your PC, if you can run solo just fine, that is evidence.

The problem you're describing is something that has existed for quite a while. Hosts for parties in Warframe run their equipment quite a bit harder than clients in the same party. The reason for this is sort of obvious, since the Host has to process the locations of all enemies in the map, enemy AI and tileset navigations, and network connections to the clients. (to show position in-game, which animations are playing, etc.) Now, you have a laptop, and I understand that you don't have the necessary funds to make an upgrade. But let me tell you something really quick.

Laptops typically don't run as well as desktops due to the fact that in order to remain cool while operating, their processor/graphics card clock speeds have to be bottlenecked in order to stay below a specified safe temperature. (This is known as Throttling, and it's something I had to cope with back when I gamed on a laptop.)

The problem you're having is a combination of two bad circumstances. 1. You're hosting parties, and 2. You're playing on a laptop, which is much more susceptible to overheating/throttling. If you're running on the lowest possible settings and still having issues, you may be out of luck for the time being. (I recommend lowering your resolution, and playing in Windowed mode to further minimize the resource impact Warframe is having on your PC.)

For those who chose to belittle you just because of your slow internet/PC/whatever, just ignore them. You're no different than they are, just have a bit of more issues to worry about. Just stick it out my man, you'll get through it.

One more thing. Just because other players in your party are running at higher graphics settings, doesn't mean that your PC is having to work harder for them. The reason your PC is working harder is because you are 'hosting', not because you're having to process their graphics for them. That is purely up to their own PCs, and all that stuff is processed locally for each individual player. Hosts just seem to run a bit less efficiently, for some of the reasons I stated earlier.

Sadly, there is really nothing that can be done to offer a quick solution other than to make sure you're running at the bare minimum graphical settings, and using Windowed mode. I suggest trying that out, and if no other solutions arise. Then start trying to save money for a nice desktop PC.

There are quite a bit of choices out there in the PC world, and some that can play Warframe perfectly for under $1,000. Some even less than that.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

thank u sir truly thank you, having to deal with this issue has been a problem and yes hosting is a complete pain, but again thank u for supportive words and ill just work out some way to have a descent quality while breaking the barrier on super low graphics

1 minute ago, SoulNeo said:

thank u sir truly thank you, having to deal with this issue has been a problem and yes hosting is a complete pain, but again thank u for supportive words and ill just work out some way to have a descent quality while breaking the barrier on super low graphics

No worries, mate.

Have fun out there! And good luck. :highfive: