Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Nidus DE!! <3

Wrecked.

Im so in love with this frame!

Ive only just started re-playing Warframe again, for about a month now (from about a 10 month break)

When i first got Nidus and started using his abilies i was a bit unsure of the gameplay. Well that dissapeared real fast!

Im totally addicted to him. Ive always loved my tanky frames, i love pushing them to see how far they can go in Survivals.

This is the most fun ive had with a Warframe in such a long time

Thank You.

I love Nidus too; he made me realize how much more fun the game is when they stop throwing energy/ability stopping/reducing things at me for 5 minutes. He generates so much energy you can actually function most of the time.

Edited by Echorion

I haven't seen Nidus make any missions a cake walk but typically warframes are made for particular missions to be kept in mind. Generalists like Oberon typically can do decently at most while anything more specialized tends to rock out on particular missions. Not everyone can be Trinity, Nova, or Loki; but all the warframes bring something to the table. If someone thinks a warframe isn't fun to play though, nothing forces them to do so really.

23 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I haven't seen Nidus make any missions a cake walk

Oh, please. He has no limit on enemy pull with his second skill. That combined with limited amout of enemy spawns allows you simply to make a ball of flesh of all present enemies and move them across the map, which does make Inrerception/Defense/Mobile Defense a cakewalk.

Spoiler

Trivialising Interception

Spoiler

Trivialising Defense

Spoiler

And you don't need any stacks or other fancy mechanics, just decent FPS and a node of Zenurik.

28 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Oh, please. He has no limit on enemy pull with his second skill. That combined with limited amout of enemy spawns allows you simply to make a ball of flesh of all present enemies and move them across the map, which does make Inrerception/Defense/Mobile Defense a cakewalk.

Reveal hidden contents

Trivialising Interception

Reveal hidden contents

Trivialising Defense

Reveal hidden contents

And you don't need any stacks or other fancy mechanics, just decent FPS and a node of Zenurik.

And Vauban does that particular role with more specialization and has since before Nidus was thought up, you can play missions the way that you feel you are able, if that means not fighting the enemies; at least infinite enemy scaling versus power plateau players caters to that and rewards players that do. Interestingly, Nidus can only grab enemies in a small area of his larva's initial cast and if he doesn't hit them all, he has to wait for the duration to end to recast - while he can grab a good number of enemies in a cast if lucky, its not an assured thing and Nidus is more focused around setting up for burst damage spamming than crowd control like many other warframe options. If the particular strategy listed here is an issue, Nova should be looked at since she can debuff enemies, do far more damage with an experienced player, and teleport around avoiding the need to walk much. The role of Nidus is as durable burst damage spammer who can setup or do light control, it helps but its not game breaking by any means; especially after his early adoption nerfs.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Nidus can only grab enemies in a small area of his larva's initial cast and if he doesn't hit them all, he has to wait for the duration to end to recast - while he can grab a good number of enemies in a cast if lucky, its not an assured thing and Nidus is more focused around setting up for burst damage spamming than crowd control like many other warframe options.

Well, you obviously haven't watched the videos if you still think 30m area is small and that he has to wait to recast lol

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

I haven't seen Nidus make any missions a cake walk but typically warframes are made for particular missions to be kept in mind. Generalists like Oberon typically can do decently at most while anything more specialized tends to rock out on particular missions. Not everyone can be Trinity, Nova, or Loki; but all the warframes bring something to the table. If someone thinks a warframe isn't fun to play though, nothing forces them to do so really.

You ever played him? 'Cause if you have I'm unsure as how to you can say that, he single handedly ran an hour with me using Naramon an Atlas with guaranteed red crits, neither of us downed once. And he still insta-killed everything. This was a T4 fissure on MOT BTW. So it's hardly the easiest mission out there to begin with.

11 hours ago, Echorion said:

He generates so much energy you can actually function most of the time.

Apparently, if you build him for low/negative efficiency, his energy return is great. Haven't tested this out, myself... just what I heard.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

11 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Apparently, if you build him for low/negative efficiency, his energy return is great. Haven't tested this out, myself... just what I heard.

Yeah; that is how I build him. I have his efficiency at like 40% and I can still take him into energy reduction missions and do just fine. 

13 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Well, you obviously haven't watched the videos if you still think 30m area is small and that he has to wait to recast lol

I have played him, I don't need to watch videos about someone else playing him though a few have been useful for understanding how others see Nidus or expect him to be played. If you want that range, you require corrupted mods that weaken your power-strength for being able to hurt the enemies and if you want the duration that you say you have, 'being able to run around and capture points, you would be hitting duration with its max of 19.7 or something like that; which would lower your range. Such a duration would still not be enough to capture points in a decent amount of time while a non-maximized Vauban for instance could hold a decent amount for longer with one Bastille, not to mention multiple casts or Vortex. Personally, I think its good having options, even if Nidus isn't the best at doing crowd control, its useful that he has the ability. Nidus is mostly aimed at spamming Virulence which is fine as its what he was designed for and it can be useful but like all damage abilities without limits, eventually scales off unlike a few abilities and enemies.

20 hours ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

He was better before the nerf. Nullifiers are a huge problem with him now, more so than any other frame, I found. He's still good (and my 2nd fav) but the nully-handicap is irritating.

More so than any other frame?

I don't know about that....

My Inaros / Mesa / Chroma / Valkyr / etc. want to have a word with you lol.

All joking aside, he really did need a little nerf. Dude was (and still is) stupidly powerful.

On 3/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, KX297 said:

More so than any other frame?

I don't know about that....

My Inaros / Mesa / Chroma / Valkyr / etc. want to have a word with you lol.

All joking aside, he really did need a little nerf. Dude was (and still is) stupidly powerful.

I'm more fine with any of the other downgrades to his skills, it's just the nullifier-stack loss thing that really gets to me the most. And I just want to say he is not OP, just built perfectly and the perfect example (of how DE can do great things, when they want to) for all new/future Warframes/skill set reworks... synergy while sticking to the overall theme of the frame.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I solo'd a 1 hour survival in Derelict tonight with him. Too bad I only got 15 mutagens. Tigris Prime, Staticor and Zenistar were used too.

You cannot die. You always have mutations stacked and restacking 15 is a piece of cake in high level mobs. Possibly the biggest F-U to tox proc.

The problem was in fact energy leech eximus, which prevented me from recasting and gambling hits from enemies to trigger Rage was getting risky. Caustic Eximus were my BFF with Parasitic Link; the tox aura damaged enemies and staggered them.

Yes, Nidus is a pretty cool guy, just like that.