The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Update 9 Fix How Boring And Repetive The Game Is?

Scyris

I am a longtime warframe player (have over 240-250 hours of playtime according to stats in game) and I am wondering if update 9 will address one of the major issues this game has: How overly repetive/boring it gets after a short time. So far all we have to do in game is farm mats for this or that, but the underlying problem is the lack of anything to do once your done this, does update 9 alleivate that issue in anyway? Or is it more of the same pretty much just shinier?

Well, 200+ hours and we're really not talking a "short amount of time" anymore. That's quite a bit of entertainment for cheap! Plenty of AAA titles out there that barely provide me with 18 hours. That said, Warframe isn't perfect.

New content is always good a thing!

Edited by Rudest

I am a longtime warframe player (have over 240-250 hours of playtime according to stats in game) and I am wondering if update 9 will address one of the major issues this game has: How overly repetive/boring it gets after a short time. So far all we have to do in game is farm mats for this or that, but the underlying problem is the lack of anything to do once your done this, does update 9 alleivate that issue in anyway? Or is it more of the same pretty much just shinier?

What do you suggest?

Well, 200+ hours and we're really not talking a "short amount of time" anymore. That's quite a bit of entertainment for cheap! Plenty of AAA titles out there that barely provide me with 18 hours. That said, Warframe isn't perfect.

New content is always good a thing!

Wise words. 

Scyris did you watch the update 9 highlights video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5eR8xiZvs&feature=player_embedded

If you find none of that exciting, then maybe it won't help to cure your boredom.

About repetitiveness, well farming/grinding was always part of warframe and you being a "long time player" should already know this.

What I see is new content, difficulty modes and weapons. When it comes to repetitiveness, well sure if someone decides to play the same missions using the same weapons all day long. Yeah sure it gets boring.

Edited by sushidubya

Uninstall it then

Scyris, on 12 Jul 2013 - 3:43 PM, said:snapback.png

What do you suggest?

This right here: read this

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63428-cells-this-is-warframes-endgame/

240-250 hours of entertainment. Nuff said. If you play any game repeatedly it will get boring.  I play multiple games to keep things fresh. Being that Warframe is free and still entertaining me after hundreds of hours... I'm happy and got no complaints. 

Basically OP, it just seems like your complaining for the sake of complaining. If you enjoy shooting and killing things with your buddies, then this game is perfect for you. It almost sounds like you rushed to beef up your frame and weapons and now bored because your all powerful. For me, I won't touch the research weapons. They seem to be a crutch to this game, and only there to really "Power Level" new frames. 

If your expecting something completely new, then there are many games out there that you can play besides this. For me... Warframe (once it does get boring) will be a casual, yet still satisfying, experience. And if something hooks me again for many hours of play... then yay!. 

MMOs and especially MMO shooters start to feel stale after awhile... its sort of in their nature. 

I suggest taking a break for a few weeks, it will be fun again when you come back.

Community is what will keep you playing when things get tired if you don't want to stop back.

I haven't really played too much in a few weeks.  Vauban helmet has eluded me and he's the only frame I'd really want to play atm.  If they make it so you can farm up for the anti matter frame rather than depend on rng alerts I'll prob put some time in again.

Play multiple games. Even though I have 150 hours logged in this game, I have 200 hours in some other addicting mmorpg, 50 hours in some other f2p game I am not bored at all.
If you keep playing the same thing over and over of course it gets repetitive.

Looks like folks forgot to point out that the new "nightmare mode" also brings with it new leader boards and challenges, we are also getting a whole raft of new weapons, and the devs have said mastery levels will be reworked to make getting higher levels worthwhile.

However, you do not need to wait for nine for something to do, you can create your own entertainment in warframe, and having personally clocked over 490+ hours there is still plenty of challenge and fun to be had.

How many xini levels can you do with the group only using melee, what about running T3 void with all your active warframe abilities removed so you have to rely solely on your weapons and team work. Have you ever tried soloing a higher level zone (30+) with no mods equipped at all, soloed every boss with every frame in the game. Then you can reset your account and start from scratch, and now that mod drop rates are not as common as they used to be, general progress is harder, particularly if you intentionally avoid farming endless defence. What about seeking out new players in regional chat and helping them so they do not have to trawl through all the dross in regional just to get simple questions answered.

You do not need entertainment handed to you on a plate, setting yourself difficult challenges and accomplishing them brings a completely new level of reward not directly offered by the game.

However, if you are genuinely bored, take a break, your account is not going anywhere, go play the hell out of something else for a month or three. After your break, come back and see what has changed, we have been getting content patches every week of late, a few months away is potentially a lot of new content to explore when you do return.

No need to be so negative in your post title, but to answer your (bias/slanted) question, I believe U9 will add a few new interesting challenges and lore for you to spend sometime on. Hopefully it will invigorate more enjoyment from the game for you.