Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ultimate Defender, Limbo? or Frost

(PSN)IIXNine

Who do you think is more fun and essential to use in defense missions Limbo? or Frost. I personally use Limbo because I can damage enemies when they come through the cataclysm and because it's based on duration. Frost is just boring in my opinion. 

Frost because it will allow your team to help gun down enemies before they reach the pod. Defense is, after all, a glorified exterminate mission. The sooner you kill them, the faster you progress.

On MDs with people that I know and said they will be basically just casting abilities I do bring Limbo. Otherwise it's Frost to avoid confusion and prevent ppl from sitting there feeling like they are doing nothing.

Edit: sortie defenses are another story tho. Limbo all the way.

Edited by AzoreanEve

I prefer Frost, because I value his CC a lot. I usually only bring Limbo for infested defenses. I really like Volt though, especially for Grineer defenses. His shield blocks radial damage from Bombard rockets that always end up killing people in Frost bubbles.

You can't shoot at enemies outside Limbo's globe while inside it. You can with Frost's globe.

Limbo's globe is duration-based which is good in terms of scalability, but Frost can spam globe with a few seconds of invulnerability and then keep spamming (effective with a Trin) while constantly pushing enemies away. Also, Limbo's cast time for Cataclysm is too slow even with Natural Talent. He has to press 4 to get rid of the decaying globe and then 4 again to recast while the defense objective takes damage.

Being inside Limbo's globe makes me want to die. My eyes. Please send help.

Limbo cannot protect a defense target that cannot be banished while Frost can spam his 3 to keep them far away and frozen.

Frost's globe slows enemies down and the augment offers a 50% chance to stop them for a few seconds.

Frost can mass freeze large squads of enemies with his 4 and then keep them frozen for extended periods of time.

Overall, I feel that Frost is way better in terms of defense. However, I always pick Limbo for sortie defense. That is a different story.

Edited by CherryPauper

Sorry if i prefer neither of them. Zephyr can be a Defender too with her Turbulence which protects allies within its area completely without preventing them from shooting through.
Only risk she may have is with Bombards/Napalms and Scorches because the Bombards and Napalm's projectile at high level have very large AoE and Scorches's attacks can go through her Turbulence just as it does with Frost's Snowglobe.

Vauban is the King of Defense, Frost comes second. Combined with an EV Trin, and a Damage Frame, you don't have to worry about the Objective, ever.

I find most Limbo players to be annoying, though frosts who cast their snow glove everywhere are also annoying. If you can't Shoot enemies easily because there is a bubble blocking it.

I build Frost for Snow Globe and Avalanche Armor Strip. Makes short work of any High Level Grinner or Armored Corpus Units (Bursa).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)iDiabolicax said:

Who do you think is more fun and essential to use in defense missions Limbo? or Frost

depends on if its a sortie defense or not. sortie with the wandering moron, limbo. im rifting his &#!. stationary pod defense, gimme slowva, or repelling bastille vauban.

except akkad. speed nova. period. get them in faster.

Frost is far from being boring honestly. If you only use his Globe, that's pretty much on you, Icewave and Avalanche are amazing abilities if used correctly. 

Frost is leagues above Limbo as far as team synergy/ convenience goes. Globe for protection, Icewave + Augment and Avalanche for CC. Add Avalanche's augment as well and you`ll be protecting everyone from status effects as well. So no more knockdowns and other annoying things like that

Limbos shines more than Frost when an NPC is involved [ and Lua Spy, he's the king there. ]

Edited by aligatorno

Depends on group composition and preferences...

Frost and Vauban are more group friendly than Limbo imo.

That said, if a group is comfortable with Limbo and the Limbo is being predictable, then Limbo works out just fine too.

Sortie MD? A good Limbo is preferred but an Avalanche Frost can do the job as well.

For my part, I detest Limbos in groups and typically won't stay in one long if an overzealous rift user is in the group. Frost, otoh, is the character that attracted me to the game years ago and has been my 2nd most played frame consistently.

We can call Frost boring, but I view him as predicatable... He freezes things. Frozen things sit still

Limbo, otoh, makes things not able to be interacted with...including other players.