Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Discord Update!

LazuliLapis

It is with a heavy heart that we bring to you our current status: As some of you know, and most can guess, there has been immense turmoil and confusion over the past couple days. There have been major changes from the owner within server management of the Warframe Discord, from demotions of staff members present since the infancy stages of the server, to bringing in new team members that were not part of the community, and even ignoring the attempts of the remaining staff members to reach out, communicate, and work together on a plan, providing no details, and very little in the way of response. 

We love this community, but some of us now choosing to disassociate with what is left of the Warframe Discord server. Our hard-won respect from DE destroyed, our work in flames, our community demolished, we will work to rebuild at a new home. We are opening a new server at https://discord.gg/v4ASuJp and we hope you will join us, because it will not be a home without you- the community.

As we continue to say, this is not a witch hunt. Please follow us as we do our best to be civil and tolerant towards the decisions of the management of Warframe Discord. Our first and only priority currently is keeping the great atmosphere we enjoyed, with our beloved community. Thank you, and I hope to see you soon!

Edited by LazuliLapis

The support that we've received thus far from the community is stunning, seeing how many of the people supported us warms my hearth and brings a tear to my eye, and reminds me why I've stayed in the Warframe Community, I hope to see many of you soon, Tenno.

-OkniolasPrime, Senior Moderator of WarChat, Resigned Senior Moderator of the Warframe Discord.

I would like to reiterate that this is not a witch hunt, please keep conversation civil, don't do anything irrational, and please be respectful. There are plenty of ways to show your support, without hurting anyone, or doing anything that could potentially cause issues.

2 minutes ago, zergla said:

Does anyone mind giving a quick rundown of what happened with the old one? Sounds like it was pretty serious

I can do that for you, if you joined the discord I can PM you a full summary of it all, just tell me your discord name!

@zergla

Kthal put it best.

"Essentially, the owner came back from a long break and decided that he wanted to do everything himself. He removed most of the server staff without warning or discussion, and only released a (suspicious) statement a few days later.

From what I've seen, most of the proactive mods were stripped and/or kicked from the server (or left voluntarily), and the bots were scrapped.

This includes Jakey, responsible for the major giveaways, who ran the mod applications, set up things with DE, and ran pretty much everything else on the server.

If the server owner is willing to damage it so badly on a whim, it's very difficult to trust him.

While the old server still exists, as far as I've seen, there has been a significant drop in activity on it."

6 minutes ago, Flint said:

I can do that for you, if you joined the discord I can PM you a full summary of it all, just tell me your discord name!

Same as on here, Zergla

5 minutes ago, JakeyPrime said:

@zergla

Kthal put it best.

"Essentially, the owner came back from a long break and decided that he wanted to do everything himself. He removed most of the server staff without warning or discussion, and only released a (suspicious) statement a few days later.

From what I've seen, most of the proactive mods were stripped and/or kicked from the server (or left voluntarily), and the bots were scrapped.

This includes Jakey, responsible for the major giveaways, who ran the mod applications, set up things with DE, and ran pretty much everything else on the server.

If the server owner is willing to damage it so badly on a whim, it's very difficult to trust him.

While the old server still exists, as far as I've seen, there has been a significant drop in activity on it."

That sounds pretty nasty. A question that might be answered in the summary Flint promised, but did DE have any say in this?

i'm just going to mention that much talk about politics issues in the place you're trying to advertise in, is very liable to be a negative rather than a positive, with the 'politics of old' being prominent making prospective users weary of the 'politics of new'.

in other words it's probably best to not go into extensive detail, but certainly acknowledge whatever events occurred. but that further detail may not prove beneficial.

For anyone wondering why this is such a big deal: I was with the WF-discord for 6 months, and have never even heard of the alleged "owner". Imagine coming back to a server one day just to find a different leader / staff list in it's place.

His removal of the voluntary leaders that worked hard to build this discord community is nothing short of sickening. This selfish, restless, and childish act has created a rift between communities that may not ever see repair. It's created consternation for the average player as they see community-lead staff lists ripped apart and divided.

Immediately after this post I am relieving myself of all ranks from the original discord. I still don't understand and have yet to hear any valid or legitimate reasons as to why the coup was necessary. The resounding lack of explanation from the "owner" leaves me to believe it was "for the lulz".

This whole problem sickens me, and I've had nothing but great experiences with the community up until now.

Regretfully,

AJDJ

(Former) Raid Leader & Tenno Guide of the WF-Discord.

Edited by AJDJ
Fixing Typos

3 hours ago, zergla said:

Same as on here, Zergla

That sounds pretty nasty. A question that might be answered in the summary Flint promised, but did DE have any say in this?

Here lies yet another question: Should DE have any say in this?

I mean, I am pretty sure everybody is going to form an opinion out of what's happened, but as far as I'm aware, if DE as a company (or any DE employee as a worker of said company) is smart, they should not say anything nor position themselves. Privately is another thing of course, but... Well I think you get me.