Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loutka - The Marionette WF - Warframe Concept

Stella.Ferox

Marionette Warframe

Name: Loutka

Index: FYI’s > Lore Overview > Missions /w Audio > Abilities > Photos > Notes on Photos

FYI’s:

~ WARNING LORE MAY CONTAIN GORY CONTENT FOR SOME

~ Purely fan based lore/art-work, also this warframe is heavy lore based 

~ The mission for this warframe may be a tad bit longer than most, and I was trying to avoid grinding so it may be more puzzles then “kill this, gather that”. Half of the rewards are for the warframe the other half are supposed to give a certain amount of mats to help you build the wf.

~ The audios are written in a story effect, so it’s not just the audio you’ll also get the sense of what the characters are supposed to be feeling.

~ “~text~” indicates things that are said in the corpus language.

~ I was thinking this could also be a kind of introduction to the start of learning about how the Corpus were formed (a glimpse of Corpus before they were a strong fraction essentially.) And can probably be completely messed up with the release of the Bard warframe that will eventually come out, but w.e. all this is for fun :D

~ Therefore the missions should take place in old Corpus dominated regions

~ The lore takes place during the old Tenno Transference attempts, and is focused around Corpus, for that time I was not able to find much on the Corpus so a lot of it is based off of my imagination. So, for the time frame in which this is taking place I am assuming they would not be that well established nor would they be as well developed as they are now.

~ Yes I know Marie is not a very “warframey” name, but it fits with the theme and I couldn’t think of a better name: (Marionette is French for “little mary”)

Lore Overview:

Marie only played a small, miniscule part with the Tenno, but a part none-the-less. After the Orokin rushed the Transference into weaponization, and forced the children to use the warframes, this is where she steps into the rabbit hole. Marie was one of the individuals as an Orokin Researcher, she worked on staff that tried to help minimize and fix the Tenno from going insane from Transference. She and a few others worked on the outskirts of the void, in a highjacked, and redesigned Corpus ship (at the time when the Corpus were not as large a fraction as they are now it was easy for them). There they tried to treat the Tenno’s that had gone insane, only a few at a time were permitted by Orokin.

Every day she spent treating them, some were raving mad and could only be treated by medication (if they showed no progress within a certain period they were sent back to the Orokin to be ‘dealt with’), one individual who becomes a large impact in the audio seems to be confused about everything, but converses with Marie. As time lapses, Marie starts to bring things like ‘toys’ to try and see if she can stimulate the part of the Tenno that can link with the warframes. The toys were small metallic objects, some were as simple as building blocks, others like small action figures, as they would ‘play’ together, the Tenno would appear to sing songs that made no sense.

By the time, Marie realized that the songs were a warning, and not ramblings of an insane Tenno, it was too late. The Corpus sent out a troop of elite soldiers to not only re-obtain the ship, which was unwisely not guarded except for the researchers, but also to obtain any of the Orokin technology that might have been brought on board. The ship was easily taken, for it had little guards seeing no importance in Tennos that were broken. After the boarding the Corpus, as expected, start to kill everyone on the ship including the Tennos, before killing off Marie the soldier is stopped and talked with in their language, essentially telling them to bring her in as a prisoner.

Marie, who is hysterical from seeing not only her work, but the Tennos she had grown so attached to, being killed off, and is now being hauled off into a Corpus “stronghold” (as stated before it will not be that well developed). From there, the Corpus begin to try and extract information from Marie through many different means. At first the experiments started off simple, and non-evasive, and gradually became worse, cutting open her head and trying to connect her to machines and forcibly withdrawing the information. Due to the experiments Marie started to suffer the same illness as the Tenno she was treating, eventually they started to move her to a recovery room that tries to keep her body physically healthy (trying to maximize the amount of usage they can get out of her).

Marie slowly starts to claw at the metal boards beneath her bed, making a hidden cubby spot large enough to fit a person. After a few more days pass on with the experiments, she starts to burst into violent, hysterical fits, and breaks everything inside of her room. With the scattered remains and broken parts, she starts to build herself a life-size figurine of a warframe, to be completely useless and non-functional, this was her building it for comfort.

~ WARNING MAY CONTAIN GORY CONTENT FOR SOME

Finally, towards the end of her experiments, she steals away a sharp metal fragment, and while laughing, cuts open her stomach and starts to put her own insides, and any other parts she can last through, into the warframe.

Missions /w Audios:

~ All Missions (excluding the first) should take place in a Corpus dominated area

~ All information on the riddles that would be used, will not be found here, cause ya never know haha

-        Riddles will essentially be based around the lore/corpus areas, but it is planned that some warframes would be more beneficial at finding certain areas then others.

~ Any detailed information on rooms that would need to be created/made have been left out purposefully

~ All missions would be exterminate missions since these are riddle based that means it will require more looking and exploring rather than brute killing/gathering

~ The audios would also be hologram projections

~1~

The first mission would be triggered by finding, and scanning a small toy (like a building block or figurine) that should be found somewhere in one of the outside void missions. (You will need 3 total scans to obtain the riddle).

Audio Triggered after the Scans – All Ordis

“Operator, it seems you have discovered -a piece of junk- something of importance. I wonder if there are more out there.” – 1st

“Operator, it appears there is a message on these items, but I need more to decipher it.” – 2nd

“This…this is quite odd. Operator you may want to return to the ship so we may look at this further.” – 3rd

After the scans and returning to the ship, Ordis will greet you with a confused approach with the riddle, once it is figured out you will go to that area/mission, and looking for a room.

Reward: A few materials to help with construction of the WF

~2~

The previous mission should have guided you to finding a room that was previously part of the highjacked Corpus ship, lights should be turned off/dimmed until entered upon. There would be items in the rooms (max at 3) that will give you the next riddle.

Audio triggered upon entry:

“Now playing recording 747.1” An automated female voice chimes.

“Are you sure this ship will be enough to hold all the equipment we need?” Mary askes with doubt dripping from her voice. The audio crackles with white noise, a child’s laugh can be made out just under the static.

“Miss Mary, Miss Mary, How you are so fairy, Your puppets make us cheery” The soft singing voice gives way to white noise once more.

“I was told that this is all we will need for the treatments.” A male voice answers in resolute, and then as if to try and soften his response. “Marie, I don’t think they will allow us to take on more than three at a time.” Marie let’s out an auditable sigh of disappointment.

“I knew they weren’t going to let go of very many, but I didn’t think it would be so few.” Her voice lets go of the disappointment. “Well then, let’s get to work.”

“One, Two, They’re coming for you. ” The child’s laugh and static plays over Marie’s voice.

“Tenno, it appears that you have come across an old Corpus research pod, that was used by Marie. You should search to see if you can find any others that may remain.” – Space Mom

“Operator, may I suggest you use your codex scanner to see if there are any other encrypted messages located here.”

Reward: BP for Loutka

~3~

Again there will be another hidden room, different from the last (none would be the same so that there is still that dynamic element parallel to the lore).

“Now playing recording 747.2” Static interrupts the automated female voice.

“Miss Mary, Miss Mary, You should be weary, Those that come are oh so scary” The child’s singing voice comes out only slightly above the white noise, and fading with laughter.

“Do you really think that it is a good idea to introduce these…toys, to them, you know how unpredictable they can be.” The familiar man’s voice rings through.

“It will be fine,” Marie voice seemed to dismiss his concerns with a wave. “They are coherent, we have established that, but we need something to show that they are cognitive of their abilities and actions as well… they are still children after all, so what better way to get through to them, then with games?” Static starts to interrupt the message once more.

“Three, Four, Shut your door,” More laughter from the child. “Miss Mary, Miss Mary, They make your toys bleed like cherries, But don’t worry we’ll make them a cemetery.”

“I guess that’s true,” The man appeared defeated. “Just be careful.”

-Insert more audio from ordis and space mom here-

Reward: materials for warframe

~4~

“Now playing recording-“

“Five, Six, Stack your bricks.”

“Mary, you are getting to close to these children!” The man seems to be astronomically upset as he argues with her, flinging his arms up in exasperation.

“I am not-“ She takes a moment to lower her voice. “I am not getting too attached, I am making progress! He has been talking to me, and –“

“In child’s rhymes that make little sense! That is not progress! We need to move-“

“Please lower your voice, you will send them into fits again.” Marie seemed to say with a calm and collected manor. The man visibly cringed at the thought, took a deep breath and continued in a normal voice.

“Station 6 is now docking.” The female automated voice interrupts, then static.

“They’re here, they’re here, You tell us not to shed a tear, You hid us here!” The recording then stops abruptly.

-insert space mom and ordis-

Reward: BP Sys

~5~

This room will appear the same as the third recording.

Audio Triggered upon entry:

There is no introduction to this audio, just a visual of corpus men barging in and killing everything, but stopping short of Marie who is now hysterically sobbing over a body, not of her coworker.

“~Hold off on this one, she might be useful~”

“Seven, eight, They barged right in, They locked you away, And took your mind, Your inventions so lifeless just lay” The usually cheerful, laughing child’s voice, now appears somber and serious. The last image is that of a Corpus soldier coming to the control panel and turning off the recordings, with Marie kicking and screaming as she’s being dragged out.

“You monsters! I won’t tell you anything!”

“Oh dear, I don’t think I like where this is going Operator.” – Ordis

Reward: Mats

~6~

This room will be significantly larger than the last ones, and has two audio parts. Would prefer it to take place in a mission that is deemed close to the heart of Corpus operations. This room will not have holograms either, all just audio recording.

“W-what are you doing?” Marie says in a strained, struggling voice. “I’m not telling you anything! Go away! Leave me alone!”

“~Why do we put up with this noisy one?~”

“~Boss says we need information on the Orokin technology, says it would put us on top.~”

“~Stun her so we can put these things on her~” Over the distant cry and meager attempts to keep the approaches at bay, there was a slight started cry, a shock, then static.

“Nine, Ten, They locked you in, Soon the madness set in tin, That became your kin, Your wishing sinking in”

“Operator…do you think continuing this mission is wise? It seems we are approaching uncharted history in the Corpus, it could be dangerous.” Ordis talks to you as you continue into the second room, child’s laughter seems to follow you, and chats as you walk.

“Eleven, Twelve, They gave you welts, But your mind had melt, Into a sea of red felt” The room you enter into has several control panels that can be scanned to obtain more detailed information on what happened here.

“No, no, please don’t!” Marie yells.

“~Just hurry up so she will stop screaming already!~” There comes the sound of a blade being drawn, and Marie can be heard sobbing.

“Please don’t.” Her voice has become weak, there comes a slicing in the air, and the audio goes dead.

Reward: Chassie

~7~

This room should be in a very abandoned part, and very dark part of the corpus map, and again is a two part room, blood stains these rooms.

“Mary, Miss Mary, how you love your marionettes,” Marie can be heard laughing hysterically as she bangs against a wall, or window. Then suddenly starts to scream angrily, the sound of items being thrown and broken are heard for a good while. The child’s voice is clear, with no static as if it were chanting her to sleep.

“13,14, The things you’ve seen, Yet you laughed like a mad queen.” Suddenly she chimes in with the child at the same time. “15,16, Too bad you’re obsolete.” Marie laughs again, clanging of metal could be heard.

“Nine, Ten, They locked you in, Soon the madness set in tin, It became your kin, Your wishing sinking in” Marie can be heard chanting the rhyme out of order. “But there are no strings on me.” She can be heard, but ever so faintly. As you walk into the next room the sound ripping flesh can be heard, with Corpus guards shouting frantically, and gun fire going off rapidly.

-Ordis and lotus stay silent-

Reward: BP Nuro

Abilities:

1st – Strings – Loutka throws her strings paralyzing nearby enemies

2nd Ludus - Loutka sets the stage for her allies, causing magnetic dmg to any enemies on the stage

3rd – Scutum - Loutka summons a tornado of paper dolls that acts as a shield wherever placed, while also dealing slash dmg to any enemies that get close enough

4th – Lacrimossa– Loutka’s mask drops, and the battleground become her play, she summons all four abilities for a short duration

Passive – Dance with the Devil – Everytime Loutka uses an ability it powers her insanity bar, until she ‘snaps’ at a certain point doubling the range (or targets) of all her abilities

Photo:

20170319_160708_1.jpg

Photo 2

20170321_191144.jpg

Notes on Photo:

~ Loutka is made of spare random Corpus parts, so she’s oddly assembled with mismatching parts, her extremities (legs, arms, neck) are supposed to be creepy thin and long

~ The right side of her mask can be pulled up (as shown in photo) that would be like her idle stance

~ The X’s are thin wires that hold her together, the thick ones draped across her body are large cords

~ The sides of her top that are pulled out (which look like a skirt in the photo T>T) are supposed to be large metal scraps that have been ripped and pulled up

~ Her left side “hair” are again cords

~ The outline of ribs on her abdominal area, are supposed to pop out a little like nekros’ chest

~ Her feet are mismatched as well (pardon the poopy looking feet LOL) one is supposed to be high like Mariage and the other low like Saryn.

~ Finally the top part of head (the very small area with the gap in the top) is to expose a pink mushy thingy (something similar to a wrinkly throbbing cyst LOL)

Edited by Stella.Ferox
photo, name

That's a good question XD it just kind of came to me, I love things that are just completely abnormal. I thought that it would be interesting to try and tie in some corpus stuff with it since we don't really know anything about them at the moment. The marionette idea came from a manga i had read a long time ago about a marionette/wind up doll that walked around trying to obtain herself a soul, and while she did so she was falling apart, but she gathered stories and met people, it was bitter sweet and I can't remember the name, but I liked the idea of it. (Not sure if my rambling makes sense lol)

Oh that is quite interesting. Abnormal things fascinate me as well. That's true that we don't exactly know the origins of the Corpus or how they came to be. Is the manga Rozen Maiden? That sounds familiar. Warframe could really use a Puppet-Master WF, I know for sure I'd absolutely love to see this in game. Also, how did you come up with the name? It is really unique!

Its czech for puppet, took awhile to find it, my usual go to is latin but i cant remember if it didnt have a word or it would have just been really weird for a name. And no it wasn't Rozen Maiden, it was a collection of short stories basically.

Edited by Stella.Ferox

Akwa - i didn't have a second choice, to be honest if I hadn't found Loutka I would have been so screwed in the way of a name haha

Cejmr333- 1st i love the 333 in your name, that is the most satisfying thing i have seen ever! <3 2nd thank you for your kind words :3

For the drawing i tried to fit it to the story and the madness behind it. Loutka is suppose to represent the tourture and madness behind Marie's last days, with the inherent need of being a protector of other tenno. Which is also why a lot of her abilities are dot or protection/support. Her strings only temporarily stuns the eneimes, the second being a dot to slow them down, and of course the shield only does dmg when an enemy is in range of it or walks through it. 

13 minutes ago, Stella.Ferox said:

Deshiel thank you! XD I used google translate, so mind if i ask if it even comes close to puppet or something similar? 

It is spot on. Loutka is the name we have for puppets with strings. Thing is, for us regular puppets and dolls are one and the same, so we call those Panenka or Pana(female), Panák and Panáček (male) Loutka is genderless :D What I tried to tell you is that we pretty much have up to two or three different names for a single english translation so I commend you for chosing the most relevant one.

Edited by Deshiel

22 hours ago, Stella.Ferox said:

Yay! Haha thank you so much for that clarification, I didn't even know you had multiple translations depending on the gender, when it comes to items like puppets. Thats insanely interesting! 

I'm suprised that worldwide feminism didn't convert to czech yet. Females basicaly have thier own distinctive language from males here.

haha maybe it has! You just don't know it yet cause they are talking in their own little language XD But that's pretty cool, do the women have a different word for everyone that the men have, or is just on things to determine sex/gender (like how it is with the word puppet)?

Edited by Stella.Ferox