Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any point in keeping a frame if you have the prime?

mosaickle

Question

18 answers to this question

Well it depends.

I keep both versions of a prime frame for more build variety, and for testing out more fashion frame setups etc.

I keep the normal weapons for collection's sake though, and because I like the look of some of them.

It all depends on if that's what someone wants to do. I personally sell my normal 'Frames and weapons when I get the Prime version, but others may want to keep both versions because of how much time/platinum was spent on giving the original version the perfect build, they want the normal version to have a different build than the Prime version, or they just want to have everything in their arsenal.

That being said though, if you don't have the plat to spend on all the slots and potatoes (or haven't been through enough Gift from the Lotus alerts to have enough catalysts/reactors), you might want to "upgrade" to the Prime version so you won't have to either buy plat or hope to do well in the trade chat just to have enough slots.

I keep both versions each with different sets/polarity builds.

for example-

if I am going stealth I take loki prime, and if disarm build it's regular loki

that way I'm more free and safe when DE goes and decides to change (buff/nerf/or complete overhaul) abilities.

and you can squeeze out the most from a frames build.

Different polarities. My regular Rhino is a dash polarity which I use in Raids to run corrosive projection/energy siphon while my Rhino Prime is my main build with a Y polarity. I also just keep certain frames because I find they look better than their primed counter-part like Valkyr for example.

Edited by CherryPauper

Before DE added a toggle button for displaying or hiding Prime Parts, part of the reason to have both was Fashion Frame.

This is no longer the case (thanks DE!)

But I've been finding with all the great TennoGen items in addition to the Deluxe Skins there's still more than enough looks than I can usually fit on one frame even with 3 loadouts.

So if that matters to you, then maybe worth keeping both.

Otherwise, the only other factor really is Build Diversity.

Some Frames can have multiple build options occasionally with wildly different polarities. 

Now I am no expert on all of those to the point of being able to list them out, and imo a large part of the fun and "growing up" in Warframe is coming up with personalized builds anyhow.

But forma-ing in polarities for build diversity could be a factor too. But that also is totally up to you as well.

For the most part, I guess it really depends a lot on how much "stuff" you want to have in your collection/Arsenal. And how often you're comfortable with using Plat to get more slots for said stuff.

A little note about the cost of slots for Plat.

For Warframes you can buy 2 Warframe slots for 12p.  Edit: 20p for 1 Warframe Slot, 2 weapon slots for 12p.

Once you start getting Relics and running Fissure missions it's not exactly hard to scrape together enough Prime Parts to sell on Trade to make 12p 20p when you want to. 

Even if no one is wanting the exact parts you've got you should still find someone that wants to buy them as so-called "Junk" which they'll simply convert to Ducats at a Relay when Baro visits so that they can buy his items. Usually to turn around and sell those in turn for Plat.

Which again if you're interested in doing you can cut the middle-man and do yourself.

So like I said, if you want to make some Plat in-game, it's not so hard to make enough just to keep yourself in slots, heh.

Cheers!
~R~

p.s. if at the end of the day, if you don't like to look or play-style of a Frame, then just rank it up and cash it out.

No Reason to ever play a Frame you Do Not Like.

Edited by Rolunde
fixed incorrect information

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I replace them; it saves me the cost of a Warframe slot. 

Exactly my reason to ask, I don't care about collections of frames, I've sold 3 already cuz I don't like them.

But yeah I ended up selling Saryn now I have the prime

2 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Before DE added a toggle button for displaying or hiding Prime Parts, part of the reason to have both was Fashion Frame.

This is no longer the case (thanks DE!)

But I've been finding with all the great TennoGen items in addition to the Deluxe Skins there's still more than enough looks than I can usually fit on one frame even with 3 loadouts.

So if that matters to you, then maybe worth keeping both.

Otherwise, the only other factor really is Build Diversity.

Some Frames can have multiple build options occasionally with wildly different polarities. 

Now I am no expert on all of those to the point of being able to list them out, and imo a large part of the fun and "growing up" in Warframe is coming up with personalized builds anyhow.

But forma-ing in polarities for build diversity could be a factor too. But that also is totally up to you as well.

For the most part, I guess it really depends a lot on how much "stuff" you want to have in your collection/Arsenal. And how often you're comfortable with using Plat to get more slots for said stuff.

A little note about the cost of slots for Plat.

For Warframes you can buy 2 Warframe slots for 12p.

Once you start getting Relics and running Fissure missions it's not exactly hard to scrape together enough Prime Parts to sell on Trade to make 12p when you want to.

Even if no one is wanting the exact parts you've got you should still find someone that wants to buy them as so-called "trash" which they'll simply convert to Ducats at a Relay when Baro visits so that they can buy his items. Usually to turn around and sell those in turn for Plat.

Which again if you're interested in doing you can cut the middle-man and do yourself.

So like I said, if you want to make some Plat in-game, it's not so hard to make enough just to keep yourself in slots, heh.

Cheers!
~R~

p.s. if at the end of the day, if you don't like to look or play-style of a Frame, then just rank it up and cash it out.

No Reason to ever play a Frame you Do Not Like.

I think you wanted to say that you get 2 slots for Weapons for 12pl and for each warframe 20 pl.

15 hours ago, lhardy said:

I think you wanted to say that you get 2 slots for Weapons for 12pl and for each warframe 20 pl.

Oh No, haha, you're right. I totally biffed that up.

20p for 1 Warframe Slot, 2 weapon slots for 12p.

Doh! :facepalm:

Cheers!
~R~