Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We finally get an OST for purchase

LeifKlover

And it's only on Vinyl

jU7OjGp.jpg

Realtalk though, what the hell? I'd give my left nut for a proper digital download of both albums, but we seriously need to drop 36 bucks on what's an essentially obsolete physical media format to acquire that? (And I know some people will jump on some sort of bandwagon about how "Vinyl is the only way to get the true sound of music" even though you get the same experience with FLAC.)

2 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

Yeah, except it's not only on vinyl.

"Included with the Vinyl purchase."
This is similar to Payday 2's merch purchase of "Buy a Kawaii Skulldozer Bobblehead and get the Skulldozer Mask ingame exclusive."

If you purchase the Vinyl for a Digital download, now you have an overpriced coaster to go along with your digital download. Or you could just drop a 20 dollar purchase or so on a pure digital download, if they chose to make it that.

I never buy music CDs even around here, why would I do so for a game...? Come on DE, provide a proper digital purchase option for an OST. You've got indie composers using band camp nowadays for crying out loud, it doesn't get any easier to do in this day and age.

I'm not buying a vinyl I don't want, I'm not waiting weeks for that vinyl I don't want to arrive, only to get the digital download I -do- want, which btw is useless if you have the vinyl, because usually you can rip the music off a CD to your computer. >.>

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Frustrated is a very apt description for this sort of thing.  While I can understand the "collector's" frame of mind on these sorts of things it doesn't quite make sense overall.  Warframe is a free game you download on a computer (or onto a PS4 or Xbox One if you're so inclined) but our only option for purchasing the OST which many have been asking for, for a good while, is to purchase a vinyl.

I'm quite in favor or buying some of the wonderful music that I enjoy in this game.  However, I'm not exactly keen on paying shipping I don't want to pay for a vinyl set I don't want, to get a digital copy of the music I wanted in the first place.

Here's hoping that a proper digital-only release is made available for sale at some point in time.

Supposedly there will be a digital download available on July 8th.

Dunno where they got that, though. I haven't found anything else saying that. Either way, this is probably not going to be the only way to get the soundtrack. This is probably just a collector's item that comes with a download.

I'd like more details on it, but it's not a big deal for me, so meh.

Just now, Sorenxoras said:

Well, i know plenty of people like vinyl records. I personally have a few of them on my wall and think it would be nice to have another.

Nobody is saying there can't be a vinyl, the frustration stems from not having a choice. I want the OST, but I don't care for a physical medium, especially because I know it will take weeks to get, cost me extra, and probably get thrown into some corner of my room after I have the tracks digitally.

I also find it ridiculous, if it's true, that it would take until -July @(*()$ 8th- to get a digital download. I am willing to bet they can have it sorted -tomorrow- if they wanted to.

3 minutes ago, Sorenxoras said:

Well, i know plenty of people like vinyl records. I personally have a few of them on my wall and think it would be nice to have another.

The problem here is, just how many people collect records? What percentile of Warframe players? Perhaps an absolute maximum of five percent, if we're pushing it to an extreme? This isn't a case of trying to sell a super car, where you're providing a luxury to those who could only afford it. This is music that an enormous amount of people would like to own.

I'm not interested in the OST one bit (heard near enough the same music all the time for years now, rather not listen to it outside the game too), however, I completely understand the frustrations people are having with it currently being vinyl only.

It's been something people have been after for quite a while now, then it's vinyl with DL code only. If you're some sort of die-hard who also has a vinyl player, great, but for others it's a 'what, seriously?' moment.

Some people don't want a freakin' vinyl which may take up space or feel pointless, they just want the music and they want it on their favoured device. Who would've thought it that people wouldn't be so eager in taking other people's money they're clearly so willing to drop...

Edited by Naith

29 minutes ago, Naith said:

I'm not interested in the OST one bit (heard near enough the same music all the time for years now, rather not listen to it outside the game too), however, I completely understand the frustrations people are having with it currently being vinyl only.

It's been something people have been after for quite a while now, then it's vinyl with DL code only. If you're some sort of die-hard who also has a vinyl player, great, but for others it's a 'what, seriously?' moment.

Some people don't want a freakin' vinyl which may take up space or feel pointless, they just want the music and they want it on their favoured device. Who would've thought it that people wouldn't be so eager in taking other people's money they're clearly so willing to drop...

I'll be quite honest, and DE should take note if they read this thread, IF I got this vinyl deal, I'd wait for the vinyl, get my code, and toss the vinyl into the bin or wherever it goes, I'd literally only get it for the code.

Now, I won't do that because I'm not buying it. I want convenience, and am willing to pay for it. Right now I have the choice of this vinyl, or Youtube. Most of the tracks are on Youtube and there's no limit to ways that they can be downloaded. In fact, I already have them all downloaded simply because there was never an OST to buy, yet am still willing to buy a digital OST because I love Warframe's music and want to show my support for it.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Simple answer for ya. How do you control piracy? You release it on vinyl. 

Only it doesn't work, because it's all been on Youtube for years now, and anyone that knows how to use google, can find a quick way to get the tracks.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

25 minutes ago, H2K3 said:

I also feel like everyone else seems to ignore that IAM8BIT is most likely the one to make the call to put it for vinyl only. They're the ones to complain to.

It's DE's music, not IAM8BIT's, and one would assume it was DE's decision to go with IAM8BIt, so I'm fairly sure they are the right ones to complain to.

They really should have released the OST as a digital download first, and then the the vinyl, and maybe a CD version too, as special editions. But making the main edition only useful to such a tiny percentage of the playerbase? seems like a waste.

And I actually even have a record player, so I actually could listen to them if I wanted to. How many Warframe players even have a record player these days? Sure, the artwork is nice, but it is not enough to justify the price on its own.

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BlackcoatOne said:

Vinyl is the best was to listen to music....you hear all the sounds

As much as I respect the old media to the point I had collected over 5,000 unique records (Some technically not records but their predecessor) 

That is a bunch of B.S. It breaks down and wears out over time, little nicks scratches and even dust can alter what you heard and every single record sounds slightly different then each other due to the nature of how they are made. 

Long story short it is just a audiophiles excuse for paying over priced stuff that is decades out of date.

And Fyi.. CDs, DvD and Blue ray disks are just modern Vinyl records, they store the data in the exact same manner just in a much more compact manner.

Edited by SilvaDreams