• Announcements

• [DE]Drew

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?   03/31/2016

Tenno, Recently a lot of forum users have been posting feedback, bug and question threads about the game here in General Discussion, only to complain when community moderators or forum staff move their thread to the appropriate section.   General Discussion is not for feedback about the game, for bug reports or for help questions, we have other forum sections specifically for these things.   There are a few criteria for determining what feedback is and what general discussion is, but the two main criteria are the following: Objective - The goal of the thread Target Audience - Who is being addressed with the thread   A feedback thread's objective is affecting the game; be it through negative feedback (change is desired) or positive feedback (change is not desired). The Target Audience is the developers; your thread is directed towards DE, they are who you are making the thread for. If either two of these criteria are met then the thread is most likely feedback (and belongs in the appropriate feedback subforum).    A general discussion thread's objective is not to affect the game, it's to hold a discussion. And the Target Audience of a general discussion thread is other players and the community, not the developers. For example, a thread titled "What is your opinion on the recent changes to X from Update/Hotfix X?" would be a discussion thread, because its objective is a discussion about what players enjoy, and it's audience is other players.   Ultimately, a lot of what determines whether a thread is a feedback thread is the opening post. Although feedback threads can have discussions in them between players, this does not make it general discussion. What it boils down to is the goal of the thread and who it's addressing. It's a thread for conveying opinions to the developers, and people are bound to agree and disagree (and therefore start a discussion on said thread).   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   If you post something in General Discussion and find that it's no longer there, chances are it's been moved (if it was merged, we will try to notify you via private message, but sometimes when we have to merge a large number of threads we may not be able to). Here's a helpful guide for you to figure out where it might have been moved to:   Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it! PC Beta Bugs, PS4 Beta Bugs and XB1 Beta Bugs are the places for threads reporting malfunctioning parts of the game, bugs, things that have broken, et cetera (you should really make a support ticket too!). Fan Zone is the place for fan fiction, fan-sponsored contests, screenshots to share your achievements and Warframe-related video streams/Youtube channels. Fan Concepts is the place for concepts for new systems, warframes, weapons, and gameplay mechanics. PC Trading Post, PS4 Trading Post and XB1 Trading Post are for all things trading on the respective platforms. Threads looking to sell, buy, and trade go here, as well as any price checking. If you post a thread critiquing changes or content in the game, it's likely been moved to one of the Feedback Subforums, the guide to which is below.   Because feedback threads are by far the biggest offender in General Discussion, I've put together this guide on where feedback goes, breaking up and explaining the feedback subforums (Feedback forums are where the devs go for feedback regarding the game! Not General Discussion!). The list is a bit lengthy, so it's been put in spoiler tags:     So, for example, if you make a thread in General Discussion saying something like "The lore really needs work, and this is how I think it should be done" then it's probably going to get moved to the General Feedback forum. If you're dissatisfied with a recent patch or update and want to give DE a piece of your mind, the Specific Feedback associated with your platform (i.e. PC Specific Feedback or PS4 Specific feedback) is probably where it will get moved to (it may also be moved to the other feedback forums depending on what the thread is specifically about).   Wording is also very important, and your choice of description is also. This is why many people mix up feedback with discussion. In discussion, you are talking about things that are current, not commenting on how cool or disappointing they are. For example, 'What do you think is the best frame? I like Valkyr because of her focus on melee.' is General Discussion, whereas 'Valkyr is a really good frame. Her melee animations are nice, and her abilities compliment each other well.' is feedback.     tl;dr - We have specific subforums for feedback, bug reports, helping players, fan-made stuff and so on. General Discussion is not a "catch-all" forum, and for the sake of keeping things tidy and organized we'd really appreciate it if you didn't treat it as such!   If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to post them here or to send me or the other moderators a private message!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LeifKlover

We finally get an OST for purchase

50 posts in this topic

And it's only on Vinyl

jU7OjGp.jpg

Realtalk though, what the hell? I'd give my left nut for a proper digital download of both albums, but we seriously need to drop 36 bucks on what's an essentially obsolete physical media format to acquire that? (And I know some people will jump on some sort of bandwagon about how "Vinyl is the only way to get the true sound of music" even though you get the same experience with FLAC.)

Dat megan face, this is definitely going to my meme folder

giphy.gif

Edited by SoldadoVzla

2 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

Yeah, except it's not only on vinyl.

"Included with the Vinyl purchase."
This is similar to Payday 2's merch purchase of "Buy a Kawaii Skulldozer Bobblehead and get the Skulldozer Mask ingame exclusive."

If you purchase the Vinyl for a Digital download, now you have an overpriced coaster to go along with your digital download. Or you could just drop a 20 dollar purchase or so on a pure digital download, if they chose to make it that.

I never buy music CDs even around here, why would I do so for a game...? Come on DE, provide a proper digital purchase option for an OST. You've got indie composers using band camp nowadays for crying out loud, it doesn't get any easier to do in this day and age.

I'm not buying a vinyl I don't want, I'm not waiting weeks for that vinyl I don't want to arrive, only to get the digital download I -do- want, which btw is useless if you have the vinyl, because usually you can rip the music off a CD to your computer. >.>

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Frustrated is a very apt description for this sort of thing.  While I can understand the "collector's" frame of mind on these sorts of things it doesn't quite make sense overall.  Warframe is a free game you download on a computer (or onto a PS4 or Xbox One if you're so inclined) but our only option for purchasing the OST which many have been asking for, for a good while, is to purchase a vinyl.

I'm quite in favor or buying some of the wonderful music that I enjoy in this game.  However, I'm not exactly keen on paying shipping I don't want to pay for a vinyl set I don't want, to get a digital copy of the music I wanted in the first place.

Here's hoping that a proper digital-only release is made available for sale at some point in time.

Someone mentioned we'd get a Digital version around TennoCon. But I'd rather have the one and only @[DE]George say something about it if he could :P

Fill us on the details, please maestro!

Supposedly there will be a digital download available on July 8th.

Dunno where they got that, though. I haven't found anything else saying that. Either way, this is probably not going to be the only way to get the soundtrack. This is probably just a collector's item that comes with a download.

I'd like more details on it, but it's not a big deal for me, so meh.

Well, i know plenty of people like vinyl records. I personally have a few of them on my wall and think it would be nice to have another.

Just now, Sorenxoras said:

Well, i know plenty of people like vinyl records. I personally have a few of them on my wall and think it would be nice to have another.

Nobody is saying there can't be a vinyl, the frustration stems from not having a choice. I want the OST, but I don't care for a physical medium, especially because I know it will take weeks to get, cost me extra, and probably get thrown into some corner of my room after I have the tracks digitally.

I also find it ridiculous, if it's true, that it would take until -July @(*()$ 8th- to get a digital download. I am willing to bet they can have it sorted -tomorrow- if they wanted to.

3 minutes ago, Sorenxoras said:

The problem here is, just how many people collect records? What percentile of Warframe players? Perhaps an absolute maximum of five percent, if we're pushing it to an extreme? This isn't a case of trying to sell a super car, where you're providing a luxury to those who could only afford it. This is music that an enormous amount of people would like to own.

29 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Someone mentioned we'd get a Digital version around TennoCon. But I'd rather have the one and only @[DE]George say something about it if he could :P

Fill us on the details, please maestro!

But Keith Power....

As someone who can play every music file in his house, I ain't even mad. I get my digital for my MP3 player, and I have one for my record player.

Plus, Vinyl is great display. So I bought some decor too.

16 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

But Keith Power....

Both work on the music. Keith does the composition and all that, then George hooks it up in game as dynamic music. He also does give direction on it too, if I'm not mistaken.

They're a tandem basically.

Probably won't even think about getting it unless there's a digital only option.
I love the scores of Warframe, but I'm not going to pay for something I won't use.

I'm not interested in the OST one bit (heard near enough the same music all the time for years now, rather not listen to it outside the game too), however, I completely understand the frustrations people are having with it currently being vinyl only.

It's been something people have been after for quite a while now, then it's vinyl with DL code only. If you're some sort of die-hard who also has a vinyl player, great, but for others it's a 'what, seriously?' moment.

Some people don't want a freakin' vinyl which may take up space or feel pointless, they just want the music and they want it on their favoured device. Who would've thought it that people wouldn't be so eager in taking other people's money they're clearly so willing to drop...

Edited by Naith

I also feel like everyone else seems to ignore that IAM8BIT is most likely the one to make the call to put it for vinyl only. They're the ones to complain to.

29 minutes ago, Naith said:

I'm not interested in the OST one bit (heard near enough the same music all the time for years now, rather not listen to it outside the game too), however, I completely understand the frustrations people are having with it currently being vinyl only.

It's been something people have been after for quite a while now, then it's vinyl with DL code only. If you're some sort of die-hard who also has a vinyl player, great, but for others it's a 'what, seriously?' moment.

Some people don't want a freakin' vinyl which may take up space or feel pointless, they just want the music and they want it on their favoured device. Who would've thought it that people wouldn't be so eager in taking other people's money they're clearly so willing to drop...

I'll be quite honest, and DE should take note if they read this thread, IF I got this vinyl deal, I'd wait for the vinyl, get my code, and toss the vinyl into the bin or wherever it goes, I'd literally only get it for the code.

Now, I won't do that because I'm not buying it. I want convenience, and am willing to pay for it. Right now I have the choice of this vinyl, or Youtube. Most of the tracks are on Youtube and there's no limit to ways that they can be downloaded. In fact, I already have them all downloaded simply because there was never an OST to buy, yet am still willing to buy a digital OST because I love Warframe's music and want to show my support for it.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Simple answer for ya. How do you control piracy? You release it on vinyl. 

Only it doesn't work, because it's all been on Youtube for years now, and anyone that knows how to use google, can find a quick way to get the tracks.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

25 minutes ago, H2K3 said:

I also feel like everyone else seems to ignore that IAM8BIT is most likely the one to make the call to put it for vinyl only. They're the ones to complain to.

It's DE's music, not IAM8BIT's, and one would assume it was DE's decision to go with IAM8BIt, so I'm fairly sure they are the right ones to complain to.

They really should have released the OST as a digital download first, and then the the vinyl, and maybe a CD version too, as special editions. But making the main edition only useful to such a tiny percentage of the playerbase? seems like a waste.

And I actually even have a record player, so I actually could listen to them if I wanted to. How many Warframe players even have a record player these days? Sure, the artwork is nice, but it is not enough to justify the price on its own.

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BlackcoatOne said:

Vinyl is the best was to listen to music....you hear all the sounds

As much as I respect the old media to the point I had collected over 5,000 unique records (Some technically not records but their predecessor) 

That is a bunch of B.S. It breaks down and wears out over time, little nicks scratches and even dust can alter what you heard and every single record sounds slightly different then each other due to the nature of how they are made. 

Long story short it is just a audiophiles excuse for paying over priced stuff that is decades out of date.

And Fyi.. CDs, DvD and Blue ray disks are just modern Vinyl records, they store the data in the exact same manner just in a much more compact manner.

Edited by SilvaDreams

latest?cb=20160421012334kVpFF95.jpg

Edited by Volinus7
Glorious Vinyl Mustard Rice ;Banshee recommended, WF cosplay kit.