Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back in the day

(PSN)chubbslawson

35 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Back in the day before the culture of nerfing and destroying our builds,I would have bought every single item that was just released to us. Now that I have lost faith and trust l don't buy anything any more. I miss the good ole days.

okp66FD.gif

I remember that time where everything new was beyond OP and nerfing was considered a dirty word. Everyone above a certain MR had one or more nuke frames, room cleaners, weapons the could clear a map in seconds and hardly any enemy above lvl 100. 

Nuke frames rushing all missions, leaving nothing to kill for anyone else. I doubt many even saw their enemies before the disintegrated them. The Amprex with multishot+punchthrough+sinister reach clearing half the level before people even left start. An Ignis that seemed to heat up the very construction of the level, melting everything in it to a puddle.

Great times

But it was horrible for new players.

Like, for real. Many of them forced to wander the empty levels, far out of affinity reach to have any benefit from the slaughter. Only to be called out for being slow n00bs for wanting to explore. If anything, in all honesty, that was one period where I had my doubts about the survivability of this game.

I'm glad for the nerfs. Not on a case by case basis and I have hopes some of the obviously broken weapons I use will keep escaping DE's attention. But overall (IMHO) the nerfs keep the game healthy. We cannot expect DE to have thoroughly tested all what they bring on how abusive they turn out to be. The combinations are near endless and we, the users, are far more creative, as a group, then a select team of designers and developers can ever hope to be. 

So, in stead of lamenting the loss of this or that percentage of "win", celebrate the notion you were there to experience it when it was still there - were there to enjoy the absolute silliness what came with that specific piece being, frankly, ridiculously OP.

5 minutes ago, ComCray said:

-snip-

But it was horrible for new players.

Like, for real. Many of them forced to wander the empty levels, far out of affinity reach to have any benefit from the slaughter. Only to be called out for being slow n00bs for wanting to explore.-snip-

I remember being a rookie and loving the older dawgs clearing the whole map (specially when it took several clips of lato headshots to down a pleb lancer) and letting me pick up the loot and get easy EXP. I understood I wasn't in CoD and my main goal wasn't getting the most kills or anything. I happily walked around picking up the despoils of the slaughter.

Hek, you often see stuff like "Newbie looking for easy XP" in Recruit chat. Only CoD- minded people have trouble with "kill stealing".

@OP Nerfs were always a thing but not to the degree it has come lately - furthermore, people wouldn't cry that much in forums asking for them. Times change I guess.

Back in my day.

when someone host a void key.(pug)

everyone in the team have a high spirit 

we try to go as long as possible. Even some of us have to crawl trough that last 5 wave or 5 min.

and everyone always pay a sacrifice for lord oberon or lord rng before starting.  

Ok that last one was made up.

but yeah we had lots fun back then. We still do now. But not like back then

Edited by Dreadwire

14 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Only CoD- minded people have trouble with "kill stealing".

I don't have a problem with kill-stealing, and I didn't when I first joined either. However, I do hate when other players play the entire mission for me. I wanted to do - and still want to do - SOMETHING besides just pick up the loot scraps after my teammates clear the way through. 

Especially true since I play Valkyr and enjoy her most, a close-ranged frame, so people killing everything leaves me with basically nothing to do. I don't blame them for doing it... but it's still frustrating.

1 hour ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

-snip- However, I do hate when other players play the entire mission for me. I wanted to do -snip-

That's the thing with public matches, it's the biggest RNG roll  - you either find a completely useless squad of people trying to leech xp with unranked gear and no skill (even at high mastery ranks) or over meta squads that melt down the whole map with a click. Most of the time lately, and sadly, I find myself surrounded by the first ones, and even people that refuse to cooperate and do dumb stuff like trying to solo the whole rescue prison garrison instead of just running to evac, and insulting you for not rev'ing them...