The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a TIMELINE.....not just Events names but how many years between...

Greetings to all those that slice and dice and shoot through space in this vessel called WARFRAME.

As much talk has come about the trailers being either more lore or more current, it has myself thinking that this game does not have any years to give. When we look at Star Wars games and such, they have KOTOR which happened thousands of years ago, the Prequels, THE TRILOGY, and now the "current" stories. These can be traced and find stories sprinkled here and there.

We should have this to figure out what is going on with the storyline for this game as well. How long was the OROKIN EMPIRE a thing before we tore it down? Did they start from Earth or did they come to this solar system and almost made it to Earth? If the OROKIN is thousands of years old, how long have they had Infested Puppets before they allowed the TENNO to control them? How many different branches did the TENNO split into from their council before they were commanded to kill the OROKIN? How many years passed from the fall of the OROKIN to the moon being stolen and NATAH not killing the Tenno? How many have passed between that time and us waking?

If we can gather a beginning point, then the Tennogen outfits could be fitted in as different era of Tenno that were left behind or fled from the OROKILL signal/LOTUS.

What says you all? What time table do you give the events before we awoke? Looking forward to reading these comments

Orokin were human.

The infestation were intended as a weapon to be used in the old war against the Sentients, but it backfired, so there was only the relatively short time between the infestation and the Tenno being used in the old war. 

The moon wasn't stolen - it was deliberately hid in the void by the Orokin as protection against the Sentients.

Based off of the Second Dream and the War Within, I think DE is going with the standpoint that the Tenno have amnesia and that the more info we are given, the same info is being given to our Tenno. A few of these questions can be approximately guessed, but I also feel that some of these are major plot points for future quests, and will be answered then.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

I'm not sure if we need specific dates for things as being vague about how much time fits in where makes it easier to fit more things in later.  I do think we need a timeline in the game though. 

The Codex could do with having a timeline that lets us know what order the Quests and Events are supposed to occur in and lets newer players know what happened during Events they missed in between the Quests they can still do.  Adding historic points to that timeline as our Tenno remembers/discovers them would also be good.  I'm more concerned about sorting out the chronological order than the exact spacing in time.