Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are reactant drop rates so low in solo survivals?

Ranchpig

I like doing solo fissures but it's getting really frustrating on grineer maps especially that not enough enemies are spawning, much less "Void" enemies.   Doesn't matter the level, I camp out and kill them all but still lose a reward about 1/4th of the time.    I'd understand if I wasn't killing fast enough, but that's not the issue at all.   Enemies are just not plentiful.     I know the best places to hang out for spawns, just doesn't seem to matter.

And honestly, why is reactant even a thing??? Ever since they've instigated it, it's been somewhat of an issue.   How hard is it to increase the drop amounts.   Is it supposed to be some kind of challenge to find them???    I know that the longer you play endless the more it seems to drop.  But that's usually in groups, not solo.

Solo survival seems to have an issue with spawn rates period. I did see a suggestion awhile back for there to be an item or a credit paid "risk increaser" that would optionally allow a player to increase the spawn rate on survival missions thus allowing lower rank players to still do the survival to unlock the node.

In addition, I wish the game didn't penalize us for killing so quickly. There have been several times where my team and I would kill enemies so quickly that enough reactants wouldn't drop (Akkad fissures are the worst offenders of this). Having to focus on not killing enemies too quickly makes the game not fun.

The whole idea of enemies needing to wait to be corrupted is stupid. They should spawn as corrupted until everyone has 10/10 and spawn rates should be increased for solo players (or even for 1-2) on larger maps.

Edited by CherryPauper

57 minutes ago, Ranchpig said:

not enough enemies are spawning, much less "Void" enemies.

That's why. Survival spawns are based on the ammount of players playing. Doing it solo means less enemies therefor less reactant. Is not a drop issue.

14 hours ago, Loobiz said:

That's why. Survival spawns are based on the ammount of players playing. Doing it solo means less enemies therefor less reactant. Is not a drop issue.

Yes and no.

If you bring a meh weapons/frames you will hardly get both reactants and life support in normal survivals. But if you will bring something that can kill crowds fast like excal you're most likely won't have any troubles.

The main limitation is the number os kills and your capability to kill fast. While it's true that on top of that you have more mobs spawning the more people you have, you can do survivals solo. You can't bring any frame however only the powercreep capable of killing a crowd at once so not Ivara, not Ash with his fatal teleport and not melee Chroma with his hirudo (for example). Which if you think about it sucks even more since it's exactly the frames that can and should be able to solo those missions.

Edited by -Temp0-

I disagree, I can run hour long solo's on MOT, which kills are not nearly as fast because levels are so much higher.   Obviously some life support needs to be activated as kills take longer.   But the solo run was actually very low level.   Enemies were killed as soon as they showed.   My problem was they didn't show.  Period.  They are just so slow spawning that about 1 in four 5m intervals there aren't enough reactants.   Wouldn't they at least have 10 reactants guaranteed drop per round?   That's just fricken common sense.

I think they need to get over this drop chance thing with reactant, and just say "every corrupt enemy drops reactant." There's no good reason for failure in a relic cycle to even be possible. Failing the mission, sure, but failing to find enough reactant? No.

We're already contending with double-layered RNG with a triple-flavor ribbon of variable drop chance running through it; reactants shouldn't also be an RNG thing.