Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe March Madness! Round 1

(PSN)Neon-Psychosis

Five forma ice chroma with Arcane Guardian and Arcane Grace plus stand united and 200 power completely annihilates nidus. Vex and EW together grants him 10k (96% dmg reduction) armor and a 5x damage, and when Guardian procs that armor is raised even further. Plus he can heal himself as well.

And to top it off, he can deflect nidus' shots back at him.

There is no contest.

terday at 02:16 AM (edited) · 

Rules: I will choose which warframes will match up against each other  

Tournament consists of several rounds 

The first warframe in each round that gets 10 votes wins that round advances

Please include an explanation of why you choose the warframe that you did

If the thread dies before each frame gets the full amount of votes whoever is the leader at the time wins...

Please no drama or negativity, just have fun..

This will be a continuing series

So for our fourth match in round 1 we have Nekros vs. Hydroid, go...

terday at 02:16 AM (edited) · 

If the thread dies before each frame gets the full amount of votes whoever is the leader at the time wins...

So for our fifth match in round 1 we have Vauban vs. Ash, go...

So no context as to what they're doing or what needs to be done?

Yeah single target Chroma wins, big whoop, outside of using arcanes to help with his inconsistencies (which is some of that context I mean), Nidus at the very least is more consistent than Chroma as a tank and unlike Chroma can cheat death assuming he has enough stacks (error404 context not found).

While this is interesting it feels like a poor mans version of Death Battle, and I don't get the point of it...

Edited by Madway7

while Nidus is pretty tough, my money is on Chroma, particularly if it's an Ice Chroma. Chroma can gain his tankiness quicker than Nidus can, and in a one on one fight, Nidus can't get Stacks easily. Chroma would beat Nidus down while he is at his weakest, but Nidus would put up a somewhat decent fight, especially if he has the Hirudo as his melee. it would be a good fight, but Chroma would ultimately defeat Nidus.

if there were a constant supply of enemies for Nidus to feed off of, the outcome could be different however.

in a 1v1, Hydroid may win because he's a CC frame, who can control his opponents at a whim, while Nekros' powers are less effective in this regard. in a fight where there are also regular enemies getting involved, Nekros would win with Shield of Shadows as it would provide him a lot of damage resistance, making him far tougher than Hydroid. Nekros could also desecrate the bodies to keep his health up, so Hydroid would be struggling to take Nekros down.

never been a fan of Hydroid anyway, so I'd like to think Nekros would win, even if it's just by bringing a more powerful weapon.

A Duel huh? I'm going to assume optimized Sortie capable builds in my breakdown.

In that case, I too feel that Chroma has an Advantage, if we are looking at a 1 v 1 situation.

Vex Armor will build up Damage Mitigation much faster once active, and believe it or not a Chroma using Spectral Scream makes him immune to Knockdowns, other CC, and so on. So Nidus' two first abilities will not be able make Chroma helpless, if they could work on Chroma. Therefore, a Chroma who uses Spectral Scream every time Nidus tries to use a Power, could be able to counter any CC ability from Nidus. And receiving damage will be restoring Energy for Chroma, assuming Rage is a used mod, with Ice Ward and Vex Armor.

Since Nidus has to build stacks to use his third and 4th, only his first power would be able to damage Chroma consistently. And so Nidus would have to rely on that and any weaponry he brought with, to the duel. Otherwise, if this is straight up hand to hand, a charging up Spectral Screaming Chroma is going to have the advantage long term.

The wildcard is then that Chroma can cast Effigy as a second source of damage that Nidus would have to avoid and/or contend with. I likely missed something here and there, but that's what seems plausible, with how loose the conditions are.

tough one. I think it would be more of a quickdraw contest: who casts their power first? if it's Ash, he'll just Bladestorm Vauban and kill him instantly. if it's Vauban, he'll pop bastille and shoot Ash to death while he's helplessly floating in the air.

I think one way the fight could be easier for Ash is if he goes invisible and then casts Bladestorm; Vauban can't CC what he can't see, so I would say Ash would win out of those two, if this was the case.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

tough one. I think it would be more of a quickdraw contest: who casts their power first? if it's Ash, he'll just Bladestorm Vauban and kill him instantly. if it's Vauban, he'll pop bastille and shoot Ash to death while he's helplessly floating in the air.

I think one way the fight could be easier for Ash is if he goes invisible and then casts Bladestorm; Vauban can't CC what he can't see, so I would say Ash would win out of those two, if this was the case.

The best trappers are those who preemptively intercept not those who react.

If we play by their strengths they cant be standing in front of each other but a couple rooms apart.

My moneys on Vauban but very very slightly. If its face to face vortex and bastille dont need to see you to catch you.

Lightning charges shocking you to oblivion as well.

: I will choose which warframes will match up against each other  

So for our sixth match in round 1 we have Excalibur vs. Frost, go...

Excalibur because he is the Posterboy.He is the first.He has Exalted Blade and this ....

Frost is a hard contender and very versatile and one of the best warframes of all times but Excalibur is way cooler and looks way better for my taste.

Edited by K0bra

Excalibur, the first, the praised and the proud is bound to lose. Did you forget, Tenno? The arrogant is the first to fall!?

The blade may slice through the mountains of ice, but can it keep up on cutting the cold before it reach the warrior's heart?

Yes, Excalibur can blind, slash and summon edges from the ground... But will all of this matter against a wall of bullet-proof crystal? not to mention how it's extremely difficult to get in and if the warrior managed to pass through, another will rise then the cold will shatter his internals and the liquid that surrounds it, as if it was a mirror of glass.

Frost, the guardian of glass, the horror of the north, the edgeless scythe, Wins

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

As one can tell from my profile pic, I might be a bit biased :P

But speaking realistically, all Frost needs to do is press 4 and Excalibur is instantaneously a sitting duck, waiting to be shattered into a million pieces. So it's not even really a contest, Frost wins.

This will be a continuing seriess

So for our seventh match in round 1 we have Titania vs. Equinox, go...