Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Failure Timer

0meg4x

At first I didn't think I'd have any trouble with it, but I personally have failed Lua Spy 2 times because of it.

My game crashed while a friend and I were trying to figure out one of this mission's data vaults, he was hosting so he stood there and waited for me, the Imminent Failure timer started a couple minutes after I joined back in and we ended up failing the mission.

When you go deep into one of those Lua data vaults, going back and finding an enemy before the timer runs out is just impossible.

So I just remembered back when I started to play Warframe, I used loved stealth so much... I used to take about an hour on a single mission, it's not like I don't do that anymore though...

I downloaded The War Within update and jumped right into it that same night and finished the Quest 3 hours later, it was morning by then lol.

Omega... Tell me this: What the potato are you talking about?

Well, The idea of having to kill an enemy in order to not fail the mission is just not Okay.

Sometimes there are no enemies around.

Maybe this is not the way to go, Maybe it can be done in a different way.

Now tell me, Why?

You can't stick around doing whatever as I'm pretty sure a lot of new players do, doesn't allow you to freely take your time to loot or explore, etc.

You do realise it is a 30 minutes warning, right?

Yeah, I have seen this warning a couple times now and it has got me twice.

So you want DE to do something about that timer while in Lua Spy?

No, it's not Lua Spy, it's the system itself. I mean... We can live with it but it could have been better.

The last complaint I heard about this anti-afk system was someone who failed The Second Dream because of it.

Imagine those new players having their missions fail because they were just looting or looking for something.

Wait a second Omega... What do you care about new players?

I loved this game since the very first day and still do so.

So I would like others to experience this game like I did and have been.

Playing with newbies is one of my funniest moments in this game.

Your english is like... sooo bad! Like... not cool at all!

ikr?

I've had this happen before and it's really frustrating. I figure it's an afk timer that frees up resources if people literally leave their machines and go afk, but if you're still actively in-mission, the timer should really be extended by other actions like looting containers or interactions with consoles or other level objects like laser plates, rather than just enemy deaths.

Oh, so that is the mission failure timer that kicked in while I was playing Inaros quest.
I was exploring and screenshot'ing. Apparently, those levels and art assets that artists spent time working on aren't for players to fully appreciate.
Maybe we are suppose to speed run through all those quests, if so why do DE need to spend so much time and effort on making contents that most players just get a few glances at.

10 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

I hope this timer doesn't exist in solo mode.

pretty sure it doesn't

was doing vay hek run when mythbusters started, watched the entire 1 hour episode (game was not paused i was just hiding in location where enemies could not get to) then came back to finish it

40 minutes ago, 0meg4x said:

I used to take about an hour on a single mission

I used to spend hours in missions just exploring when I first started.  I treated it like an open world game and went around every corner very carefully.  Of course, this was back when I semi-expected something cool around every corner, but also because as a new player I was enjoying the scenery.

I honestly don't know why they added this timer in the first place.  Afraid people would pad their time in mission stats or something? I dunno, whatever.  

Its also apparently the only way to increase the % of most used in equipment stats, because using the same frame in 100 missions that take less than five minutes doesn't seem to stack up to using 1 frame in 5 missions that took 30+ minutes when I was new.

At the very least DE should have explicit details on things like this to inform us of our options, instead they just seem to pop out of nowhere when someone runs afoul of them.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

It does. Happened to me solo during the Inaros quest.

Friend of mine is really angry now. Solo mode was pretty much his only way to explore things in peace. Although he is not sure whether this was intended or not. If it is. Well... Here is his comment. "DE can we just not take the Bethesda path? Please... I beg"

1 hour ago, AlendasNaro said:

Friend of mine is really angry now. Solo mode was pretty much his only way to explore things in peace. Although he is not sure whether this was intended or not. If it is. Well... Here is his comment. "DE can we just not take the Bethesda path? Please... I beg"

I think it's unintended, and it is worth testing again (I did it a long time ago -- it is possible that I had matchmaking set to something else, although at that point in time I was almost strictly a solo player). I just remember that in two separate stages of that quest, I was timed out (or almost timed out -- in the final fight, I made it to extraction with 7 seconds left). 

1 hour ago, AlendasNaro said:

I hope this timer doesn't exist in solo mode.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

It does. Happened to me solo during the Inaros quest.

I played quests solo-ed. The timer happened while I was killing Kavats. At that time, I thought that the timer was for me to kill all the Kavats within the time limit, but it doesn't go away even after killing them. I ended up failing that mission when I could not get to extraction in time.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

For me, it happened when I was fighting the Inaros Spectre (I was pretty weak at the time, so I was kiting him around and it was taking me a long time to kill him...apparently, too long). 

This is a good example.

This reminds me back when The Second Dream was introduced to the PC.

I used to rol Viral Damage on every single one of my cheap weapons, which weren't even fully moded back then, and with the Stalker's new Damage Adaptation it was so unbelievably hard...

So, People may be having trouble with that now as well?