[DE]Aidan

Riven Reward for "Octavia's Anthem"

Just now, Multicom-EN- said:

Out of the 15-20 Rivens I have gotten 1 or 2 was Secondary. But yeah, RNG is a pain :/

That's just RNG to blame, not side arm rivens being rare. Of the last 10 or so I got only one was a rifle, the rest were for all sidearms. If you look at the prices on market the side arm and rifle rivens are about the same price in trade and availability; it's only the shotgun rivens that are scarce and pricey. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Echorion said:

That isn't how you get the riven. You get the riven from doing the whole questline even though you have the warframe already from market. Why should you get NOTHING for it at all from it because you supported the game by buying a warframe. It's selfish to say that people that support the game should get nothing at all for the exact same effort as you.

...Exactly. You need to buy her in the Market, with PLATINUM in order to get the Riven after completing the Quest. You can't simply complete the Quest and get the Riven without spending X amount of Platinum to buy her in the Market first.

1 minute ago, Echorion said:

That's just RNG to blame, not side arm rivens being rare. Of the last 10 or so I got only one was a rifle, the rest were for all sidearms. If you look at the prices on market the side arm and rifle rivens are about the same price in trade and availability; it's only the shotgun rivens that are scarce and pricey. 

Wanna trade RNG? :P

Just now, Multicom-EN- said:

...Exactly. You need to buy her in the Market, with PLATINUM in order to get the Riven after completing the Quest. You can't simply complete the Quest and get the Riven without spending X amount of Platinum to buy her in the Market first.

No, you do that to get the warframe. You are buying the warframe.

Then there is the questline which you get a riven because you did all the effort that everyone else did for a reward; so it's only fitting you get something as well.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Echorion said:

That isn't how you get the riven. You get the riven from doing the whole questline even though you have the warframe already from market. Why should you get NOTHING for it at all from it because you supported the game by buying a warframe. It's selfish to say that people that support the game should get nothing at all for the exact same effort as you.

12 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

"If you purchase Octavia outright before completing the “Octavia’s Anthem” quest, you will earn a Veiled Secondary Riven mod when you complete her quest. "

Meaning you have to buy her, in the Market, with Platinum. It's right there.

i think u guys are arguing about the same thing, but u both put it into different context

• Upvote 1

No, you do that to get the warframe. You are buying the warframe.

Then there is the questline which you get a riven because you did all the effort that everyone else did for a reward; so it's only fitting you get something as well.

...What I'm trying to say is that in order to get this "special" Secondary Riven mod you have to spend Platinum. In what other ways can I say it? You can't get this Riven mod by simply doing the Quest and farm the Warframe. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Just now, SoulNeo said:

i think u guys are arguing about the same thing, but u both put it into different context

Well, It would be pretty silly if we were arguing about different things.

well ya but what im saying is that u both are saying the exact same thing but differently

Well, It would be pretty silly if we were arguing about different things.

2 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

...What I'm trying to say is that in order to get this "special" Secondary Riven mod you have to spend Platinum. In what other ways can I say it? You can't get this Riven mod by simply doing the Quest and farm the Warframe. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

You can get a riven through a sortie it's not like this one, single pistol riven is only every going to be in this one thing.

If you think it should be a different reward though; depending on what it is I might agree if that is the absolute issue. However I think it's totally 100% fair that people that supported the game buy spending real money to buy a warframe; but still completing whatever grind or objectives are set out as well that everyone else does- should still get a reward for putting in that time and effort.

Honestly all this is making me just want to buy myself the warframe, and gift a bunch to my friends as well just to spite all the people losing their minds over this- and I never buy warframes on market because I think they are overpriced.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Echorion said:

As someone who buys plat regularly, I still think this is a terrible idea.

And usually they release new frames either standalone or in a pack with weapons or cosmetics. THAT is our reward for buying them outright with plat - cosmetics that people who grind these frames can't get (sometimes, or sometimes they're grindable/buyable separately), or getting weapons early at the same time (like with the Nidus/Titania bundles). Giving OP mods that are rare to get only from sorties is a cash grab, and it's not even a veiled one (no pun intended). Cosmetics is one thing; selling people rivens is a whole other ballgame. That's pretty much selling power right there, which is something I never thought DE would do.

And no, it doesn't matter that you still have to complete the quest to get the riven. That's trivial.

I haven't minded supporting DE in the years I've been playing, but if this is going to be a trend, I'll stop buying plat. I don't support a game trying to bone its free players by introducing P2W cash grabs. Sure, a lot of the rivens could turn out to be total crap, but some people could get god-tier rivens that sell for ridiculous amounts of plat, or make weapons ridiculously powerful, and even a chance at that is too much for outright buying the frame.

Edited by Cat__Nap

8 minutes ago, Cat__Nap said:

As someone who buys plat regularly, I still think this is a terrible idea.

And usually they release new frames either standalone or in a pack with weapons or cosmetics. THAT is our reward for buying them outright with plat - cosmetics that people who grind these frames can't get, or getting weapons early at the same time (like with the Nidus/Titania bundles). Giving OP mods that are rare to get only from sorties is a cash grab, and it's not even a veiled one (no pun intended). Cosmetics is one thing; selling people rivens is a whole other ballgame. That's pretty much selling power right there, which is something I never thought DE would do.

And no, it doesn't matter that you still have to complete the quest to get the riven. That's trivial.

I haven't minded supporting DE in the years I've been playing, but if this is going to be a trend, I'll stop buying plat. I don't support a game trying to bone its free players by introducing P2W cash grabs. Sure, a lot of the rivens could turn out to be total crap, but some people could get god-tier rivens that sell for ridiculous amounts of plat, or make weapons ridiculously powerful, and even a chance at that is too much for outright buying the frame.

Even if I don't agree with most of what you've said, at least this is one of the first actually polite and not completely irrational posts I've seen on the matter. 

The big thing is people are trying to connect buying the warframe = rewards. When in reality you are just getting access to something you paid for, that is it, end of transaction. The riven after is just a reward for if you do a set of missions/maybe grind and it's the reward at the end of it. It's a riven because they can't really just give you a second blueprint that would be useless- but if someone has a better reward idea than a riven I imagine that is much more of a debatable issue I could understand. 

You said cosmetics is one thing, so does that mean you would be okay with a cosmetic at the end of that for them? Because I bet that would upset even more people tbh; and would probably actually trigger people to buy the warframe to get it unlike a riven (especially if the cosmetic was only in that). 

So the people saying they shouldn't get anything that "buying the warframe is reward enough" is the ones I aggressively disagree with; people upset that it's a riven not so much. While I think it's fine; if that bothered other people and I was in a decision making position, I would totally be up for working out a solution for a better reward people can agree on.

Edited by Echorion
  • Upvote 1

This screams of copout. I figured, after Nidus its gonna be like this for quite a long while.

15 minutes ago, Echorion said:

Even if I don't agree with most of what you've said, at least this is one of the first actually polite and not completely irrational posts I've seen on the matter. 

The big thing is people are trying to connect buying the warframe = rewards. When in reality you are just getting access to something you paid for, that is it, end of transaction. The riven after is just a reward for if you do a set of missions/maybe grind and it's the reward at the end of it. It's a riven because they can't really just give you a second blueprint that would be useless- but if someone has a better reward idea than a riven I imagine that is much more of a debatable issue I could understand. 

You said cosmetics is one thing, so does that mean you would be okay with a cosmetic at the end of that for them? Because I bet that would upset even more people tbh; and would probably actually trigger people to buy the warframe to get it unlike a riven (especially if the cosmetic was only in that). 

So the people saying they shouldn't get anything that "buying the warframe is reward enough" is the ones I aggressively disagree with; people upset that it's a riven not so much. While I think it's fine; if that bothered other people and I was in a decision making position, I would totally be up for working out a solution for a better reward people can agree on.

Yeah, I'd be fine with cosmetics. Even before I started buying plat, I had no problem with frame or weapon bundles that had cosmetics in them, so how would that be any different?

You pay for cosmetics with Prime Accessory bundles with every new PA. That's legit exactly the same thing, and a player doesn't get stronger or kill faster just because they got a flashy syndana. Cosmetics are different than just handing out a potentially overpowered mod to anyone who buys a frame. I'm against this because it's a riven mod; not because they're giving something extra for buying her.

Edited by Cat__Nap
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cat__Nap said:

Yeah, I'd be fine with cosmetics. Even before I started buying plat, I had no problem with frame or weapon bundles that had cosmetics in them, so how would that be any different?

You pay for cosmetics with Prime Accessory bundles with every new PA. That's legit exactly the same thing, and a player doesn't get stronger or kill faster just because they got a flashy syndana. Cosmetics are different than just handing out a potentially overpowered mod to anyone who buys a frame. I'm against this because it's a riven mod; not because they're giving something extra for buying her.

Hey, I would love a cosmetic item way way way more than a riven (If I even buy her, like I said I generally don't I am only considering now out of spite lol).

I don't agree with the reason behind it; but if it meant a cosmetic item (especially one you don't get in market or via normal means) I would be 300% on board. I am just skeptical people would find that more fair than a simple pistol riven.

If people do though maybe they could make a case for it; maybe it would be too late this time around but next time around or from then on that could be a thing if enough people pushed an idea like that. There are a ton of old cosmetic rare items they could bring back through that method too honestly; so they wouldn't always have to be making something new every-time necessarily either.

Edited by Echorion
  • Upvote 1

Can I get a Free Riven for buying a Quest Warframe with Plat that I've already built by in-game methods? Cause that basically the same thing there.

Currently Quest limited Warframes can only be built Once. If you want to create a different super specialized Forma Build, you have to BUY them with Plat, as quest ARE NOT repeatable.

How about DE work on getting these Blueprint and Part Limited quests reworked to be replayable and the BPs/Parts accessible before they start trying to lure more people to the Plat Market for Pay to Skip.

What a mess. Why not just give Rivens out to anyone who farms up all the parts for a Warframe they bought off the Market. Just make an NPC you can turn the built parts or fully constructed Warframe into for a Riven. Link it to a hidden "did you buy this Warframe off the Market" counter, so the NPC will only accept a Warframe if it matches up 1:1 with one you've bought for full Market Plat.

If I buy a Frost off the Market, then go farm up the parts and build him, why not let me turn that into said NPC and get a Riven. That is the logical conclusion to this after all.

• Upvote 1

hope her pack is 660P.... seems they are going up n up in price..

I have a question. I have been uninformed on this matter, and am hoping for an answer.

Octavia will have four powers, besides her passive. So I was wondering, will we be able to set a different track for each power, or is one track four all four?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Lordnight5hade said:

I have a question. I have been uninformed on this matter, and am hoping for an answer.

Octavia will have four powers, besides her passive. So I was wondering, will we be able to set a different track for each power, or is one track four all four?

Her sequencer is separated into 3 parts, which each power uses.

One of her powers, last we saw, is summoning a roller that carries your deployables, not actually music.

And yeah you can customize each 3rd of the sequencer individually.

30 minutes ago, NearoC said:

Her sequencer is separated into 3 parts, which each power uses.

One of her powers, last we saw, is summoning a roller that carries your deployables, not actually music.

And yeah you can customize each 3rd of the sequencer individually.

The roller has little strobe lights that seem to flash to the beats set for Pied Piper on the Step Sequencer. I think the music was different too when it was deployed.

Either way, really looking forward to getting her! Also looping my full song via Emote (if that's still going to be a thing).