Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking at Overwatch's Orisa

Ryme

1 minute ago, Genoscythe said:

The thing is a that a human brain can only handle humanoid bodies I guess. Your brain would probably simply shut down or overload if it had to control 4 arms or legs.

Remember the Golden Maw though?

i imagine for Development sake, they will remain biped.

in order to be able to share Animations and poses for all of the Weapons and movement.
rather than needing to literally create all of the Animations and poses over again for just one Character.

Sticking with in-game lore, how would you convince a "human" mind it had 4 legs and 2 arms, it moves like a cat, it had anything beyond the 2 arms and 2 legs walking upright?

Outside the game - you now have a ton more issues with attachments, clipping, etc. when designing weapons or accessories.

Would be cool, but would have been feasible, to me, at the beginning of development.

3 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

You are now "awake" and more or less fully aware of your powers, with a requisite increase in potential problems and dangers.

Edited by peterc3
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

The thing is a that a human brain can only handle humanoid bodies I guess. Your brain would probably simply shut down or overload if it had to control 4 arms or legs.

Yeah, except the Warframes aren't... "human." Even on your profile picture, you got yourself a rapidly mutating Warframe consisting of pure Infestation. 

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

You are now "awake" and more or less fully aware of your powers, with a requisite increase in potentially problems and dangers.

Well there are warframes that can control multiple humanoid enemies (Nyx, Nekros, Atlas), I don't think that having a few extra limbs is harder than THAT. And if those abilities are "automated" by something inside the warframe, then so can be the extra limbs.

11 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

you need to put the /s so everyone knows you are being sarcastic next time.

I would love it. 

Thing is playable non-humanoid characters actually like a lot more time, effort, and money to develop in just about everything. They need a ton more bug testing to make sure they can do everything they need to do, they have more complicated animation and skeleton rigging, require completely adjusting and working with how any gear might be equipped, etc etc....

While I love the idea and almost every instance I have ever seen something like this executed it's been happily accepted- I rarely see it ever acted on for those reasons. It's like making an unsure investment; there are so many ways it can go wrong when you can just play it safe with something you know you can do without any of those issues; that will probably have the same pay off in the end anyways.

Edited by Echorion

Hey just for reference humans born with extra limbs don't have full function over them, often times  not having control over the normal limb.  So imagine a normal human being in control of something with a centaur's body.  I like to reference fallout 4's Curie's companion quest.  Where they say transferring a sentient robot's consciousness into a human body would overload the brain, too much utility that machines control under the AI that would be junk information and give too much processing to the organic tissue.  To properly interface, you'd need something that can take both the junk programming and the human personality.

thats how transference works to some degree.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Yeah, except the Warframes aren't... "human." Even on your profile picture, you got yourself a rapidly mutating Warframe consisting of pure Infestation. 

I never said they are human, I said they have a humanoid body, which is something completely different.

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i imagine for Development sake, they will remain biped.

in order to be able to share Animations and poses for all of the Weapons and movement.
rather than needing to literally create all of the Animations and poses over again for just one Character.

A more technical reason but completely relevant.

16 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Well something that Is easier to control than a humanoid body is quite possible I think. We need a pogo-stick frame

3 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

we still dont know what the warframes actually are?who they are so lets wait until the Umbra quest comes out.

We do, it's technocyte based life and it has a skeleton, muscular system and an exterior shell.  Get a default Valkyr and look at her exposed back

As much fun as it would be to have a centaur like frame there are numerous issues as other people have mentioned, but there would also be things that would make no sense AT ALL with a centaur type body that would need a completely new animations or mechanics.

1st Everything arch/shark wing.

2nd Any movement that would include a roll or flips of any kind

3rd 90% of melee stances since with quadruped form you would hit and cut of your own hind legs with most stances and they include lots of spins and flips too.

4th Height, This can be solved easily but one does not simply make a centaur that is shorten than 250 cm making it so that the frame would be unable to fit trough doorways and airducts and stuff also the increased size of the frame would make it almost impossible to do any corpus spy mission which requires you to dodge lasers barriers.

Those are just some of the stuff i can think off.

Not saying that it wouldn't be welcome addition to the game but it would require a huge amount of work just to make it work with the base game and not even counting the further updates.

Also doing all the motion capture stuff that happens in war within would be so god awfully hard to pull off.

Edited by Flustershy

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, BlackDiamondAce said:

We do, it's technocyte based life and it has a skeleton, muscular system and an exterior shell.  Get a default Valkyr and look at her exposed back

we have never been officially told exactly what the warframes are. Pretty much most of our knowledge of them is speculation. Speculation that DE neither has confirmed nor denied.