Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sub-Mission Encounters

Kilade

After previously playing PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2), I notice their unique feature of using Emergency Code Encounters (Sub-Missions) that can either give you small rewards or unique bonuses. Now these mini-missions are totally optional but maybe can affect the environment or gameplay by either running pass by them or completing them. These things can either happen uncommonly or rarely and only happens WITHIN A PRIMARY MISSION. I only have ideas for non-defense-not-stay-in-one-place missions (including mobile defense) So here are some examples and ideas:

Tenno Bleedout Rescue: 

• Situation: A random npc operative has fallen and requires assistance within the time limit. Self-explanatory, within the time limit you need to revive a fellow operative nearby while he/she fights while in bleedout. The operator can be either 2-5 tiles away before dying in bleedout.
  • Reward: The operative temporarily fights by your side before heading to extraction. The NPC can either fight by your side temporarily like a spectre for 5-30 minutes or till he/she dies. Being a permanent companion throughout a mission is an optional suggestion  
  • Consequence: The operative dies THE END

Infested Epidemic 

• Situation: A mysterious source of infested seems to be spawning through the ship. Find the source and destroy it before another epidemic arises. So the objective here is to search for the cocoon or eggs (something that spawns infested) within the time limit before it spreads throughout the ship.
  • Reward: None, maybe the source can be a juggernaut and his drops are the rewards
  • Consequence: The entire mission will turn factions into infested

Syndicate Assault

• Situation: Syndicate operatives fulfilling their own obligations are being hunted down by death squads of the opposite faction. Assist them immediately. So syndicate operatives will spawn depending on your standing. The death squad for the operatives can be either by default as a squad or platoon or maybe BOTH
  • Reward: Bonus Standing and (optional) will temporarily fight by your side
  • Consequence: The operatives die and death squad will hunt you instead

(SPOILER) Transference Failure

Spoiler
  • Situation: A fellow Tenno nearby is injured and cannot transfer back to his/her warframe. They need to use physical contact to in order to gain back control. Assist them immediately. Your objective is to CARRY the injured operator back to their respective warframe while he/she uses the laser beam as your only weapon like in the Second Dream. I was thinking of using players profiles from ones friends list or just a random player to pretend to be an npc for that one tenno for aesthetic purposes.
  • Reward: Additional Focus points to a random school and temporarily fights by your side
  • Consequence: The Tenno dies

For now I came up with only four sub-events. More will be edited just be plain forgotten :p but suggestions would be nice. So what do you think? Would this add more variety and gameplay to missions?

Edited by --Q--Kilade

3 hours ago, Catacomb said:

Pretty cool, though when you think about it, the stalker and friends are similar to that already. Not saying your idea isn't good or anything, just pointing that out.

Yes, I was aware of that. But that's just rare assassination encounters that we could finish in just a couple of hits. This is more objective based and uncommon occurring events  that would give players a sense of choice and making missions look a bit more active.

Edited by --Q--Kilade

I remember hearing way back when that missions used to be one thing after another: a spy turning into an exterminate turning into a sabotage and so forth. at the very least, this could break the monotony of some things and give some useful boons. problem is though, how can this be integrated in a way that doesn't break the flow of the gameplay?