Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duo Raids (2 Player Raids)

(XBOX)TheMadCash

So the current raids in the game proves a point. Not only it does not need to be completed with 8 players but it showed that its actually easier completed with less players. (Well expect the Jordas. Maybe). So instead of 8 player raids. What about 2 player raids that requires smart uses of frame but not stricking you to use specific frames. I think duo raids could be an interesting for Warframe.

Thoughts?

I actually like this idea. It provides a bit more challenge than running regular missions over and over and can serve as a test of teamwork and knowledge of your loadout. I feel like we'll get something in a similar vein with the Enemy Cells system but I'd like to see more of stuff like this as well.

noice idea!

i feel like single player or 2 player content requires more team work than the classic 8 player chaos raids have, thats why i only do raids with 4 players. it makes the raid really fun to do.

honestly i want more single player content like the quests.

Meta always finds a way to dictate  what you choose, but raids are not the same as say sorties. They are puzzles that requires team and coordination. I have to disagree as this goes against what raids are. 

When you enter Law of Retribution stage 2, there is the security pads. Now most people just waypoint, but if you know what you are doing you call out front and back hacks, and exactly what pad it is and placing stomp somewhere in the middle for cc.

The Jordas Verdict requires people to communicate on where the nerves are in terms of status. "Kill 1" for example would be to kill the first nerve.

Trials are meant to be a communicative and cooperative game mode and is the only one right now in this game. I think introducing raid mechanics to solo or small groups is ok, but trials should still stay with the minimum of 4.

59 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Meta always finds a way to dictate  what you choose, but raids are not the same as say sorties. They are puzzles that requires team and coordination. I have to disagree as this goes against what raids are. 

When you enter Law of Retribution stage 2, there is the security pads. Now most people just waypoint, but if you know what you are doing you call out front and back hacks, and exactly what pad it is and placing stomp somewhere in the middle for cc.

The Jordas Verdict requires people to communicate on where the nerves are in terms of status. "Kill 1" for example would be to kill the first nerve.

Trials are meant to be a communicative and cooperative game mode and is the only one right now in this game. I think introducing raid mechanics to solo or small groups is ok, but trials should still stay with the minimum of 4.

Making raids for 2 player coop would be a nice thing. Not only would it be challenging but it would also require a lot more focus with less people to pick up the slack,

Think of it like infiltration missions into new enemy bases, like the Kuva fortress.

3 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Removing 4 people requirement to start a raid would be enough. I am more than sure this is the only option preventing some players from soloing them.

On jordas you definitely need multiple players. One outside, two on pads and another doing whatever the guys on pads let him do. I suppose you could use operators and specters but that would be extremely difficult since you would be against the clock since nobody would be resetting the timer for the engines. I honestly don't think its possible. LoR you also need multiple players for pads. I suppose they could disable those but that would outright remove the difficulty of raid altogether.

Edited by S0V3REiGN