Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mechanic Concept] Awakening Mode {Channeling and Focus System Combined into One} THANKS FOR MY 4TH PRIME TIME RECOGNIZED FAN CONCEPT

FoxFX

On 4/8/2017 at 10:31 AM, Serialkillerwhale said:

Permission to steal the term awakening for my own Melee concept.

Cuz seriously. That is the PERFECT name.

Have you thought of the term "Temper?" As in tempering the blade?

AWAKENING MODE AND SENTIENT/STALKER/KUVA GUARDIAN EFFECTS

I've been contemplating on making the Awakening Mode be a tool that can be used to remove Damage Reductions on Stalker/Sentient enemies and Damage Kuva Guardians. There has been a lot of hate on the mechanics of these enemies to be reliant on Operator Mode which has been a major debate on its current mechanics.

On 2017-04-11 at 5:12 AM, FoxFX said:

Have you thought of the term "Temper?" As in tempering the blade?

My original idea for the name was "Rampage". The idea was that channeling would essentially be built into the current combo system, where the more hits you're landing at a time, the closer you are to the "Rampage" threshold. The further up the combo meter, the slower the "Rampage" meter drained or something like that.

Basically, it rewards you for going all-in balls-out in Melee.

Another part of it was the "Cleave" and "Finisher" Bonuses to combo meters where landing finisher attacks and hitting multiple targets in one swing gave extra combo points (to balance heavy weapons and finisher oriented ones with faster swinging weapons now that the combo meter was so integral)

21 hours ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

My original idea for the name was "Rampage". The idea was that channeling would essentially be built into the current combo system, where the more hits you're landing at a time, the closer you are to the "Rampage" threshold. The further up the combo meter, the slower the "Rampage" meter drained or something like that.

Basically, it rewards you for going all-in balls-out in Melee.

Another part of it was the "Cleave" and "Finisher" Bonuses to combo meters where landing finisher attacks and hitting multiple targets in one swing gave extra combo points (to balance heavy weapons and finisher oriented ones with faster swinging weapons now that the combo meter was so integral)

Impressed that you tried to consider the Melee Combo Counter as some sort of gauge for an "overdrive" state. Well thought out.

POSSIBILITY ON AWAKENING MODE TO BE A WAY TO DEFEAT CERTAIN SPECIAL ENEMIES

6BS6zOd.jpg

I see some potential and engaging potential to have the Awakening Mode be a special way to remove the protective debuffs of Sentient/Stalker or be the key power that can knock down Kuva Guardian's immortality. The feeling the Awakening Mode can create, the feeling that your Warframe has some tapped in hidden power that the Operator can unleash to defeat these powerful foes, creates a new perspective and feeling into the game. The question is, what would such an idea leave for the Operator Mode?

Personally, I feel that the Operator Mode will start to annoy a lot of players due to how the mechanic itself holds no rewarding factor nor does the livability of the Operator Mode stack up to the strength the enemy the players will encounter. There could be a way to make the Operator Mode be some sort of mini-game within Warframe where the Operator can enter some "Void Realm." Only time can tell if this idea and the concept itself is viable enough for consideration.

Looking heavily into the Focus System and the bonuses they could give to the Awakening Mode. I do not wish to make the Focus System affect the Awakening Mode too much like power ups, but to see if there are some utility-based abilities the Focus System could give the Awakening Mode.

Still heavily contemplating in bringing this concept over as a Feedback Thread or to gather in some more attention elsewhere.

Edited by FoxFX

MADURAI AND THE AWAKENING MODE

WaDRYkqg.jpg

List of all possible bonuses the Madurai Awakening Mode can give:

• Holster Speed Bonus
  • Buff to IPS Damage & Status Effects
  • Increased Damage to Ground Finishers
  • Status Duration and Damage Buffs
  • Buffs to Warframe Damage-Type Powers
  • High Decrease in Melee Charge Attacks & Increased Damage from Melee Charge Attacks
  • Allows each Melee Attack to cause a "Finisher Heat DoT" at a chance
  • Allows an enemy to kill to grant a Damage Buff temporarily which will reset the timer but stacks the damage buff

VAZARIN AND THE AWAKENING MODE

DCinQCfg.jpg

List of all possible bonuses the Vazarin Awakening Mode can give:

• Increases Bleedout Timer after activation
  • Increased Shield Recharge
  • Adds special "Shield Armor" buff
  • Can allow Shields to reflect Damage based on Current Shield Value
  • Reviving Ally Time Buff
  • Melee Block Bonuses
  • Knockdown Recovery Bonuses
  • Instant Shield Blast when Knocked Down
  • Health Recovered when Shield is Damaged by chance

Discovered something that the Operator Mode could do for this mechanic known as the Awakening. A way for the Operator Mode to have more incentive in the battlefield and how fitting it would be to power up Warframes. I am preparing a special chapter after the Focus System chapters are done and replaced.

NARAMON AND THE AWAKENING MODE

SYJRsuE.jpg

List of all possible bonuses the Naramon Awakening Mode can give:

• Critical Chance/Damage Bonuses
  • Dodge/Roll/Backflip Bonuses
  • Stealth upon certain actions occurring (ducking, receiving damage, Finisher Attack)
  • Charges that grant a player the ability to instantly open enemies to a FInisher Attack while Mode is active
  • Bullet Jumping Bonuses
  • Hacking Bonuses

Seeing what more the Unairu Awakening Mode can give. I feel that the petrification ability currently in Unairu might be more of a control-based and at this point feel unoriginal. I hope the Unairu Awakening Mode I am working on will be more convenient for all players that wish to play the tank mode.

UNAIRU AND THE AWAKENING MODE

5qfQj4zg.jpg

List of all possible bonuses the Unairu Awakening Mode can give:

• Ground Slam Bonuses
  • Blocking Bonuses
  • Receiving Health Heal Boosts at a chance when damaged
  • Armor/Damage Reduction gains per nearby enemy bonuses
  • Rage-Mod-Type Bonuses (gaining offensive buffs when receiving Health Damage, Gaining Armor when Shields Damaged)
  • Nullifying Damage while standing still accumulating into an explosive attack once the Awakening Mode ends
  • Decreasing nearby enemy damage each time a nearby enemy is killed
  • Barrier while aiming with Primary/Secondary Weapon

Preparing notes on the Zenurik Awakening Chapter. As this Awakening Mode concept combines Melee Channeling and the Focus System Mechanic that will not conflict with Warframe Energy, I assure new possible utility the Zenurik can have.

ZENURIK AND THE AWAKENING MODE

wdanhe7g.jpg

List of all the possible bonuses the Zenurik Awakening Mode can give:

• Large and uninterrupted Energy Regeneration buff while the Awakening Mode is active
  • Increased Total Damage on Damage-Type Warframe Powers (will not increase Power Strength)
  • Power Efficiency Buff that is consumed each time a Warframe Power is activated
  • Increase Energy Orb drops from enemies killed
  • Melee Attacks while Awakened causes enemies to explode in Blast damage to nearby enemies
  • Primary/Secondary attacks causes forced knockback and/or can disarm enemy weaponry
  • Damage/Debuff Aura that increases in power based on Total Energy while Awakened
  • Casting Speed buff

AWAKENING MODE AND POSSIBLE INTERACTION WITH OPERATOR MODE

LtQnEkbg.jpg

The Operator Mode is indeed a very fragile mechanic for players to use in combat. The Operator Mode is the only thing needed to defeat Kuva Guardians and destroy Kuva Siphons, and that I feel is a problem. The gating of the Operator Mode and the Kuva numbs down the presence of the Warframes which are suppose to be the main tools of combat in this game. Creating some sort of irrelevant mechanic as the Kuva Guardians creates further frustration and draws players closer to the argument about enemy scaling and how the role of the Warframes is starting to drift away.

While the Operator Mode can still retain its current mechanic with the Kuva and the Kuva Guardians if need be, let the Awakening Mode be that combat edge the Warframes could use to disarm Kuva Guardians and remove the Protective Buffs of Stalker/Sentient. Let the mechanic of the Awakening Mode highlight why the game is called Warframe.

In the meantime, let the Operator Mode have the interaction with the Awakening Mode with this:

In Operator Mode, players can pour Void Power into any teammate's Warframe to increase the recover of the Awakening Mode Meter. Let the interaction between the Warframe and the Operator reflect that of a very powerful relationship.