The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

Normally I try to be measured, calm and constructive about my posts. However on this occasion I shall be departing with that policy:

F*** YEAH! I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT ALL THESE CHANGES! THANK YOU DE! MY FAITH IN HOLDING ONTO FUN BUT TERRIBLE WEAPONS HAS BEEN REWARDED! SO MUCH LOVE TO YOU! :heart::heart::heart:

Also FINALLY! to those Tonkor and Simulor nerfs! I am SO pumped up for this update! :D

So simulor is now more close gameplay-wise to quanta SeemsGood. Boltace is weird, I've never been a fan of it but this change seems very counter-productive. Tonkor change will cause thousand of people suiciding after the patch lands LUL M quanta actually NEEDS stat buffs on top of the cube getting more usable. Paracyst is still playing catch-up with Harpak which you intend to buff (good buff btw).

Glaxion is PogChamp, so is potentially the baguette. But tbh, waaaaay more weapons need buffs, but a first step is a good thing to see nontheless.

I would admittedly like to have seen the Stradavar listed, considering it's basically a slightly worse version of the advanced Latrons, and its very minor gain in sustain is somewhat undermined by significantly higher burst and status application by the Latron Wraith/Prime. Like +5% crit in both modes to make semi-auto more comparable and auto benefit from the usual crit build, and an identical status chance of 15 or 20% across both modes to make auto good for corrosive proc spraying?

That, or just lowering the MR req to a more power-appropriate MR6 or lower.

Like others have stated, continuous weapon status application also needs another pass, since 100% status chance a second is topped by even 10% status chance on a semi-auto at 10 fire rate, and 40% status chance on a 13 fire rate auto weapon is basically the equivalent of 500+% status chance/second on a continuous weapon, making them less viable for proc spreading than their auto/semi-auto counterparts.

Really positive changes otherwise.

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

Yep, game was becoming "run away from your team so you can actually get some kills so the mission would not be 100% boring and a wast of time"

Then shall we also nerf ignis , ignis wraith, equinox, ember, ember p, banshee, saryn, and saryn p?

14 minutes ago, SteelBlade17x said:

Just a thought

1. If Harpak and Paracyst alt fire allows tenno to ripline ceilings for added mobility.

2. If Galxion have an alt fire which dumps chunks of ice at doorways or on floors.

Thanks for the changes. 

That sounds good untill you realize that to do that they'll probably make it grip to all solid objects and not just ceilings, potentially flinging you into the enemies if you miss.

Suggestion 2 sounds cool though.

Overall, some pretty decent changes.

I'm not really a Tonkor user, but I feel a little sad for it. Full self damage means it'll just be another grenade launcher that is a liability to use.

I'm concerned but curious regarding the Telos Boltace change. It really did need altering beyond forcing users to have it equipped for the spin attack to work. Will it still be good for opening boxes, though? Also, since it won't be so overpowered anymore, will it still have to be equipped to work? The mechanic sounds like it could be interesting to use but it would be annoying to constantly switch to melee every time you want to use it.  The duration of the cooldown could also be a pretty big factor in whether or not it will be any good.

Just now, ajuanjojjj said:

Then shall we also nerf ignis , ignis wraith, equinox, ember, ember p, banshee, saryn, and saryn p?

Both of the ignis weapons dmg falls off quickly so they are mostly fine. Equinox from my experiences does not murder everything without a well built team to accompany her "cough co-op cough" saryn could use a nerf to her spores and buffs in other places to balance her out more and make her less "STDS FOR EVERYONE" Only res quake needs a nerf, not banshee herself. And F*** ember.

4 minutes ago, g-y-z said:

After the Zarr popularity died down Tonkor is still the only launcher that I see people using semi-frequently. Now we're going to have it where no one wants to use launchers....? How is this helping weapon variety? I never take out my Zarr for serious farming, I only screw around with it because of the self damage... I would even choose my Lanka over Zarr.

If anything, what should have been done was to reduce self-damage on all other launchers.

This. Sticking self-damage on ALL the launchers just means NONE of them will get used in groups anymore. This makes zero sense if you are trying to drive diverse weapon use.

I feel like some of these aren't enough.

And the Tonkor just cemented it's position as the new worst explosive weapon in the game, but I'm not personally bothered.

The Simulor changes seem interesting.

I guess Attica is what I'm actually looking forward to, it's one of the more simple ones, but effective. It's the only thing in the whole list (besides Boltace which isn't for sliding) that I actually use much. I'll give Quanta another go though for sure.

Well, I'll try em all out but some with more interest. I am glad to see balance pass, those are rare (what happened to the glaive prime one that we never received?)

Just now, Vaygrim said:

This. Sticking self-damage on ALL the launchers just means NONE of them will get used in groups anymore. This makes zero sense if you are trying to drive diverse weapon use.

You say that, but ill still use my launcher weapons. Besides, just use sticky grenades instead of blast radius so you have more control if you cant pay attention to were your own projectiles are going.

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

Both of the ignis weapons dmg falls off quickly so they are mostly fine. Equinox from my experiences does not murder everything without a well built team to accompany her "cough co-op cough" saryn could use a nerf to her spores and buffs in other places to balance her out more and make her less "STDS FOR EVERYONE" Only res quake needs a nerf, not banshee herself. And F*** ember.

This, Res quake is the thing that needs the nerf as it is, most Banshee's I run into in public games use Resonating quake and nothing else. it saddens me.

2 minutes ago, Vaygrim said:

Sticking self-damage on ALL the launchers just means NONE of them will get used in groups anymore. This makes zero sense if you are trying to drive diverse weapon use.

Tether Grenades would like to have a word with you :D

Edited by Reifnir