Jump to content

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

How about buffing stuff instead of nerfing left and right?

Balancing is best done by buffing AND nerfing, not just buff, buff, buff. There are buffs and nerfs happening here, and DE's intentions are clearly good in all of these adjustments.

Edited by AXCrusnik
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

No, your not understanding the problem. Any game with a meta is a problem. And in warframes case it ruins the fun for anyone who actually does not use it. Ok, im gonna grab my sniper today.

S#&$

an ember.

Well, i can uderstand your proiblem, but by doing that you are basucally saying; I like the snipers, so f*** people who like ember because i cant snipe enemies. Either you find an alternative, or you cant change all the meta, because it is there, either you like it or not, and most of the playerbase already accostumed to it. , and im gonna mark a message i saw a few ago, "Players that have sucked it up and went hardcore to form it and farm mods have earned it and do not deserve for us to say 'ah the time you spent on making this weapon powerful, now it's nerfed." Just like the hema

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Weapon Balance Pass.
 



 

Dear Rebecca,

 Would you look/check the damage  system/mechanic of Synapse ? I just dont understand why i am doing few shots with 10-15k red critical damage and most of the  shots are 500-1000 red critical damage. So this mean Synapse has incredible higher chance to do low-damage ?

 

Synapse build

Spoiler

2n9J1D6.jpg

 

Edited by Rubicon2.0-EGT-
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god, one of the cheesiest launchers now require some skill to use. Oh, and returning of Ogris-allfather! Yeah!
Death of bayblade meta in warframe? Sounds nice, since i never used one, so i'm not loosing anything.

Buffs to weapons seems nice, i love it. 
But i would also check out Opticor (Since Ferrox just spits on it in every possible way) and Convectrix (It just need a bit of love in terms of it's mechanics)
I don't even know about machetes and some swords, like Dakra Prime. They could use a tweak, but as far as i understand, these are reworks for weapons with unique mechanics rather than underpowered weapons. So we'll wait for another thread like this. DE are going in the right direction!


Very nice to hear that some older ones are getting love, yay! Thank you for info. Harpak now seems to be a crazy thing, as well as the Hind.
but what about stradavar?

 

Edited by Quanlain
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NearoC said:

Like I said, it's not really a nerf, I'd call it a buff, but now people do *have* to detonate them if they want it to do nearly anything, since they nerfed merge damage as well as range, detonating it is the only effective thing now, but arguably detonating is faster than merging ever was. So again, arguably buff, but slightly more interactivity required.

Its more like a mechanic change

Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes perfect sense to do balance changes and  nerfs without ever touching enemy armor scaling in a PVE game.. I don't really care about the weapons themselves haven't touched a tonkor in over a year and was going to build a telos boltace but guess not now. I'm just bothered by how you ignore us constantly and do nothing about enemy armor scaling but instead nerf things that make said scaling less of an issue. Gas damage? nerfed. Tonkor? Nerfed. Ash? nerfed. Mag vs corpus? nerfed. Simulor? nerfed. I wont be surprised is galatine prime/ Tigris prime/ Current mesa/ slova/ loki radial disarm and others deemed "op" get nerfed down the pipe. As a MR23 vet I feel like a lot of the fun keeps getting sucked out of this game. Also 1 forma per weapon is no where near enough. Some of us have 5 formas into each. Can we please get formas back based on how many we have in the weapons? most likely not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ajuanjojjj said:

Well, i can uderstand your proiblem, but by doing that you are basucally saying; I like the snipers, so f*** people who like ember because i cant snipe enemies. Either you find an alternative, or you cant change all the meta, because it is there, either you like it or not, and most of the playerbase already accostumed to it. , and im gonna mark a message i saw a few ago, "Players that have sucked it up and went hardcore to form it and farm mods have earned it and do not deserve for us to say 'ah the time you spent on making this weapon powerful, now it's nerfed." Just like the hema

Im saying that something is not allowed to be powerful went it S#&$s on something else in the game. I would be fine with ember being powerful if it did not ruin a majority of other playstyles. Do i want ember to be S#&$? NO, but i do want it to be fair to other people at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -Metanet01 said:

What about all the countless hours of kuva farming and re-rolling for these weapons, how do we get that back???

You don't. You should always assume anything you do is on you and your time invested is at your own risk. Next time think harder about putting that much time and effort into a game like his.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm liking all of these changes, I have to say my biggest problem with the Miter wasn't stats but mechanics.

Even though it shoots out a big disc, the hitbox for it just a point in the center of the projectile, I've experienced the disc flying between an enemies legs, or under the armpit and the blades on the rim touching them, but because the center of the disc didn't touch them, they took no damage.

And I think it needs to have a slightly different charge mechanic, taps fire a single disc, charged shot fires a burst, with the number of shots in the burst dependent on charge time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, please rethink the Tonkor self damage nerf (and self damage for launcher weapons to begin with). Currently it's one of 2 launchers that isn't suicidal to use, which makes it also one of the FEW viable launchers. Because let's be honest: why would I bring the Ogris (which now has an even LARGER range to kill yourself with) or the Kulstar (which requires you be in a different area code to use safely) when I could bring a Soma Prime, or Maiming Strike melee, or Ember/Banshee/Saryn, or hell even an Ignis at this point? Players should not be forced into playing Inaros or in a squad with teammates VERY okay with constantly reviving you to use an entire genre of weapons.

Overall that specific part of the Tonkor change and the Simulor changes confuse me. You want players using explosive weaponry to have a massive risk for their 'reward', but every explosive weapon except 2 has extreme risk for mediocre reward. For the Simulor, you seem to want players to be using orbs strategically with alt fire for damage...but at that point the only reason to use them is if you have Mirage so you can spam alt fire after every shot. Because for every other frame you could just bring a normal gun and just shoot the enemy to death before you could even detonate the spheres

Just please rethink the stance on explosive weapons being suicidal to use, and the Simulor changes nerfing it for everyone in a way that makes Mirage STILL use it very well but makes the weapon even worse for every other frame then it was before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ajuanjojjj said:

Well, how do you expect that community will react to nerfing down a 600 plat mod? Instead if they nerf the weapons that use it, it woulnt seem that much obvious, and people will complain less

So you'd prefer if DE nerfed all melees in this game instead of nerfing one mod? Please... 

No matter if it was worth 600p, 1000p etc etc, the devs should never take into account the amount of plat a certain item is worth when balancing the game. "Oh ember prime set is worth 700p, lets not nerf her cause people will get angry". No, the devs don't care and they shouldn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ogris

The Ogris has gone through a visual Upgrade, and now it's time for a stat upgrade. To many, this was their first entry into Launcher weapons - are you willing to give it another look?

  • The Flight Speed of the projectile has been increased.
  • The Status Chance has been increased to 35%.
  • The charge time to fire the Ogirs has been reduced.
  • The direct Impact damage of the projectile has been decreased to 100.
  • AoE damage has increased to 600.
  • AoE range has increased to 6 meters.
  • Mastery Rank requirement has increased to 8.

 

I like that you guys are trying to bring back the love for Ogris, something I was quite fond of years ago.
I remember having a little bit of hope for the Ogris when Nightwatch Napalm was released and then with the release of the rivens. But it was still not good enough,

After everything you guys have thought of to change/add, there is still one huge issue with this weapon: self damage.
The amount of firepower an Ogris can have in one single shot is enough to kill you instantly no matter how much of a tank you are - please consider reducing the amount of self damage done to the player. Also one other thing to note, the rockets hit other players when fired; whilst I can understand this from a realistic stand point, from a gameplay mechanic stand point it does nothing but hinder your efforts to be effective in a team. It's obvious you shouldn't use it in close/small quarters combat, but when you're standing out in the open and you fire your rocket, only to have a fellow tenno accidentally get in front of you and instantly incapacitate you.. it just makes you want to put it away and use another weapon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dusteon said:

Please, please rethink the Tonkor self damage nerf (and self damage for launcher weapons to begin with). Currently it's one of 2 launchers that isn't suicidal to use, which makes it also one of the FEW viable launchers. Because let's be honest: why would I bring the Ogris (which now has an even LARGER range to kill yourself with) or the Kulstar (which requires you be in a different area code to use safely) when I could bring a Soma Prime, or Maiming Strike melee, or Ember/Banshee/Saryn, or hell even an Ignis at this point? Players should not be forced into playing Inaros or in a squad with teammates VERY okay with constantly reviving you to use an entire genre of weapons.

Overall that specific part of the Tonkor change and the Simulor changes confuse me. You want players using explosive weaponry to have a massive risk for their 'reward', but every explosive weapon except 2 has extreme risk for mediocre reward. For the Simulor, you seem to want players to be using orbs strategically with alt fire for damage...but at that point the only reason to use them is if you have Mirage so you can spam alt fire after every shot. Because for every other frame you could just bring a normal gun and just shoot the enemy to death before you could even detonate the spheres

Just please rethink the stance on explosive weapons being suicidal to use, and the Simulor changes nerfing it for everyone in a way that makes Mirage STILL use it very well but makes the weapon even worse for every other frame then it was before.

If explosive weapons were not suicidal to use then their would be no downfall to use them and everyone would grab one. Because of self dmg it requires people to be smart with the weapon in order to stay alive, but also keeps it from being OVERUSED and then we end up with a thong problem that ruins the game for people that down want to use launchers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

These "nerfs" sound more like changes honestly. Kudos for buffing the Panthera, but can we also get a buff for the Seer? It's one of the most forgotten weapons in-game and it suffers from having no crit which was a major issue for the Miter and the Panthera.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

So you'd prefer if DE nerfed all melees in this game instead of nerfing one mod? Please... 

No matter if it was worth 600p, 1000p etc etc, the devs should never take into account the amount of plat a certain item is worth when balancing the game. "Oh ember prime set is worth 700p, lets not nerf her cause people will get angry". No, the devs don't care and they shouldn't.

The talos boltace is ONE weapon in the game. THEY ONLY NERFED ONE. Stop posting false comments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Weapon Balance Pass.

Miter

The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results. The next Update will bring the following:

  • Increased chance of dismemberment on kills.
  • Increased speed of Projectiles.
  • Charge time has been halved.
  • Critical Chance of 5% for a quick shot.
  • Critical Chance of 10% for a charged shot.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 6.

.

 

 



 

Did you increase the Miters HITBOX?

That is the biggest change needed... please consider it. 

It's a 12-15" horizontal blade, it shouldn't have the hitbox of a 9mm bullet. 

Thank you!

Edited by Evan-0-matic
Shrunk quote.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...