Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

Thers the problem. Your looking at sorties, but the majority of the game is not sorties. The other 70% of the content that is bellow level 60 needs to be considered as well.

Then maybe, and just maybe, is that you are taking a overkill single shot weapon into a gamemode wich consists of killing a big amount of enemies in the lowest time possible. You can expect balance so the weapon fits where it should be used, but snipers damage is not meant for lv25 enemies.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

Ok...
Miter - if I'm honest that doesn't feel like much of a buff
Harpak - Increased distance and crit is nice but it has pretty weak damage so won't do much...
Hind - um is there supposed to be some sort of buff there or am I missing something
Panthera - better buff than the ones above but what about actually buffing pure damage figures
Paracyst - wow extra 5 on damage....status viable now but it's low damage so why would I use it
Mutalist Quanta - will be interesting to see how this one works
Buzlok - buff actually makes me curious to try it
Glaxion - why nerf the range....
Ogris - why is the direct impact damage being decreased..
Attica - maybe crit viable now but I've already ditched it as MR fodder....

Tonkor - too big a nerf... I and others invested a large number of forma into this.  Self damage is going to be interesting....if it's 100% self damage we'll spend more time being revived than playing the game in confined spaces.  Lukily I don't use it often so I won't miss it but to be honest I hardly see it these days so no idea why it's needing a nerf....  Also would have been nice if you'd fix the issue where grenades pass through the target you're aiming at...

Simulors - I didn't like the way the simulor was being used but I'm not sure the nerf you're doing to it is the right fix, you've actually extended it's damage range so on the levels where it's used as a spam it clearance tool it may actually be a buff....

Telos Boltace - As long as this stops the stupid particle spam I'm all for it, although I'll reserve judgement until I see the rework.

I'll be honest, I don't think 1 forma per nerfed item is fair, we may need to completely rebuild them from the ground up and I know I've invested more than 1 forma per item.  I've got 10 forma invested in 3 nerfed items, 1 forma per item is not going to be enough to fix your nerfs on them.    

Also maybe it's me... but why are you doing a nerf on weapons when you haven't balanced out the enemies etc. Also based on these nerfs it's getting to the point where secondaries might do more damage than a grenade launcher....
And another thing.. why does a weapon balance mean nerfing the more powerful weapons rather than properly buffing the weak ones (I'm not overly sure the buffs will make much difference).  It's not like you've done any 'balancing' to the enemy damage scaling so they can still hit us as hard as ever (one shot for the win) yet some of the more powerful weapons are getting nerfed to the point where they'll likely gather dust for a lot of people like ash does after it's rework...

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

Wait... what? 

Your over-exaggerating about the nerf, but more would about maiming nerf. Considering both options fix the problem then the only other factor to consider is player reaction. Id personally go with their choice and try to avoid the crazy entitled players.

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

Thats the point. AOE spam ruins the game for people who pefer other builds. Nerfing that to a point where its still viable but hard to use makes it more rewarding and less balance breaking.

The point is it will no longer be viable. Have you ever used the Tonkor? The grenades bounce everywhere. They explode on contact with any enemy, ally, or object. They bounce everywhere. It will no longer be viable, or even usable when it does good (but not great) damage in return for killing you every button press.

1 minute ago, ajuanjojjj said:

Then maybe, and just maybe, is that you are taking a overkill single shot weapon into a gamemode wich consists of killing a big amount of enemies in the lowest time possible. You can expect balance so the weapon fits where it should be used, but snipers damage is not meant for lv25 enemies.

Then maby the true way to fix balance would be to remove all dmg mods and have a static base dmg, then remove enemy levels and have difficulty based one variation and the amount of enemies.

4 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

cough cough, barley see anyone use it and the ones that do are actually good at it and dont die, cough cough, proves my point, cough cough, never seen a tether grenade build used outside of youtube ever, cough cough.

And maaaybe the problem with it is that it it needs the tether augment, you can kys with it, instead of that the tonkor is the same but not killing yourself?

1 hour ago, D20 said:

About Panthera, can you guys change the alt fire so it actually switches between the two alt fires likes it does on Zarr or Stradavar ? It would make the weapon much more usable for those who, like me, can't put their alt fire button on mouse 3. My mousewheel is kinda unresponsive.

This would help controller folks as well (me anyway), clicking the right stick is awkward and can mess with your aim. Same deal with Euphona Prime. Would really like if this was available as an option.

Looking forward to the Panthera and Miter changes.

With regards to the Tonkor change, I'm wondering how well it will work in practice. I've been in some laggy squads where even standing perfectly still I'd rocket jump after firing, if that will now insta-down your frame that's a problem.

2 minutes ago, Dusteon said:

The point is it will no longer be viable. Have you ever used the Tonkor? The grenades bounce everywhere. They explode on contact with any enemy, ally, or object. They bounce everywhere. It will no longer be viable, or even usable when it does good (but not great) damage in return for killing you every button press.

i know its cheesy, but the only advice i can give you is "get gud and learn how to aim"

2 minutes ago, AwesmePersn said:

I'm okay with all of the changes except the Tonkor doing self damage now. I think its a step in the wrong direction as I don't really want self damage to be a thing . . .

I think the Tonkor is gonna take a huge fall in use primarily due to the fact that it will do self damage now. The other nerfs hurt, but not as bad as self damage. Considering the only frames that can potentially take a hit from any well forma'ed explosive are Chroma (potentially), Limbo (if its outside the Rift while you are inside), Wukong (because I don't think Defy cares how you die), and Nidus (Undying passive).

If the only reason people were using Tonkor was because it was a launcher with no self damage then the nerf was justified.

Why would launchers not do self damage? I cant think of any video game where they dont. That has always been, and always will be in gaming, the drawback when you use explosive launcher weapons.

If there is no drawback there is literally no reason to use anything else. This is why Simulor and Tonkor are being nerfed and why they are so prevalent. It is just common sense.

5 minutes ago, AwesmePersn said:

I'm okay with all of the changes except the Tonkor doing self damage now. I think its a step in the wrong direction as I don't really want self damage to be a thing . . .

I think the Tonkor is gonna take a huge fall in use primarily due to the fact that it will do self damage now. The other nerfs hurt, but not as bad as self damage. Considering the only frames that can potentially take a hit from any well forma'ed explosive are Chroma (potentially), Limbo (if its outside the Rift while you are inside), Wukong (because I don't think Defy cares how you die), and Nidus (Undying passive).

hehehe.. Chroma without his Vex armour up and then stacked is just nothing , Limbo still buggy as hell , takes all sort of AOE damages while in the rift and Nidus without stacks which he doesnt have at the start of the game is just lame too .. so clearly a NO .... Wukong is the exception to the rule -----

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

If the only reason people were using Tonkor was because it was a launcher with no self damage then the nerf was justified.

Why would launchers not do self damage? I cant think of any video game where they dont. That has always been, and always will be in gaming, the drawback when you use explosive launcher weapons.

If there is no drawback there is literally no reason to use anything else. This is why Simulor and Tonkor are being nerfed and why they are so prevalent. It is just common sense.

Iv tried pointing this out too

YESSS!!! NO MORE TELOS BOLTACE SPAMMERS! YESSSS NO MORE TONKO-RERS!!! YESSS TO NO MORE MIRAGE SIMULORS!!!

but that's like, the minor reason. What i care most is that ALL THE WEAPONS I ALWAYS THOUGH COOL ARE GOING TO GET BUFFED OH @(*()$ YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

5 minutes ago, Dusteon said:

Genades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.

Really happy to see Ogris buffed, I've always felt that since it's the rocket launcher of the game it should be pretty much the most powerful weapon in the game so this is a step towards right direction. Especially since it is also really slow to charge and the projectile is slow as well so the penalties were there but the damage wasn't. The increased AOE is also much appreaciated. I would have much preferred an Atterax nerf over Telos Boltace though, sure TB was really effective at killing but I used it more for the utility rather than as a killing machine. Well, gotta test what it's like with the change in mechanics, maybe it still has its utility.

How about removing self-damage from the game instead? How about fixing the broken enemy armour and damage scaling?

By nerfing top weapon like the Tonkor and Telos Boltace you're just going to piss more people off and make them leave the game. 

They might go play something else like ME:A

Think about it, DE.

6 minutes ago, darkfire974 said:

What?? again simulor buff...... we will see so much more blind people in the game, and not be able to get affinity decently.....

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jman10089 said:

Did synoid simulor  and simulor need a buff? It basically makes missions no fun for people without it. You don't even have to aim it.

It's not a straight-up buff, it's a rework that shifts damage from high stacks to low stacks, single orbs and secondary fire. Basically telling you to stop picking Mirage for quick & deadly high stacks that litter the battlefield without being exploded via secondary fire.