Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

Most of these buffs are fairly irrelevant. A pittance of crit on the Miter will do approximately not a damn thing for the weapon. Glaxion will continue to utterly handicapped by Status/Sec mechanics no matter what is done to it, even if the damage buff and ammo consumption buffs are appreciated. Mutalist Quanta will continue to be a throwaway weapon because it will still require an obnoxious setup period before it can actually do anything worthwhile. Panthera primary fire will still hit like a whole lot of nothing and have the accuracy of a blind walrus. Ogris will be even better at killing its user. Etc.

I'm sure the Harpak tweaks will be welcomed by newer players though. It was already one of the best weapons around below MR6. And the Buzlok changes make me glad that I kept the thing around for all this time.

We really need to have a talk about these nerfs though.

The Tonkor nerf is beyond awful. It's overwhelming popularity over these past two-ish years should be a bloody hint that players really don't like dying horribly when they're trying to to shoot mans. Doubley so since we cannot swiftly pull out a sidearm to deal with enemies that engage us at close ranges. Crit nerf is no big deal and, frankly, probably well deserved

The range nerf on the combines for the Simulors essentially mean that the damage on combine mechanic is now worse than useless and should not exist at all. Sub 3m AoEs have no place in this game. It's fair enough to change the weapon so it's less spam focused, but please either leave the range alone or remove the orb merge damage altogether in favor of improving the alt fire explosion even more. The weapon shouldn't have any of its balance budget tied up in mechanics that have no real effect in actual gameplay

As for the Telos Boltace... please just let the slide continue to break boxes! It's so bloody useful to have that capability when you're looking for Syndicate medallions and ayatans.

I dont understand why people praise nerfs, is not like this is a PVP game where you are getting rekt by those weapons.

Whatever, all those weapons are still trash compared with some stuff out there anyways.

Edited by Caramello

Disappointed with the Hind "buff" to be honest. A semi-auto firing toggle that uses stats that are otherwise very mediocre when used in burst fire mode makes it seem as though you may as well have just removed the burst fire mode altogether, since we'd have to build the Hind around crit/status now (provided the semi-auto mode stats are actually decent.) Not to mention everyone already has an "alt-fire" mode in the form of weapon swaps. I would've preferred some other buff to the burst mode, likely raw damage since it's kinda weak and ammo inefficient.

Edit: Since this would basically make it a Grineer Tiberon, why not make the Tiberon fire all 3 rounds as a single shot instead of in a burst? It does have three barrels after all. Or make use of the bayonet on the Tiberon for some sort of knockdown charge alt-fire.

Edit2: Or make the Hind alt-fire unload it's entire magazine at a super high rate of fire. I just really don't feel like a semi-auto mode belongs on a yet another weapon with a large magazine, the Stradavar is enough surely...

Edited by TheDrunkenKanaima

28 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

i know its cheesy, but the only advice i can give you is "get gud and learn how to aim"

It's a horde game, grenade launchers that mow down groups of enemies are a must. About the aiming. I know how to aim. I'm such good at it that I can hit an enemy by shooting between legs of another enemy with Tonkor. :)
Also Tonkor is a great weapon for people who can aim and calculate recoil. :)

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

great....what about the stradavar? having to actually forma that thing so many times and it STILL gets left in the dust by better weapons at the same teir.....as for tonkor users...i honestly saw it coming.

I know it's sad. Since Stradavar is a more recent weapon, they're probably more focused on old weapons that were really not prepared for the state we are in, regarding power creep.

Still hoping for some more buffs on that weapon or an enhanced version to come out one day.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Attica

The Attica was the debut entry into Automatic Primary Crossbows! We've revisited it to perhaps bring it back into the spotlight of your Arsenal.

• The Weapon Recoil has been reduced.
  • The Fire Rate has been increased.
  • The Flight Speed of the bolts has increased.
  • The Critical Chance has increased to 25%.
  • The Critical Multiplier has increased to 2x.
  • The Ammo Capacity has increased to 20.

Just when i sold my Attica riven...

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Oh lord, rest in peace the Telos Boltace in Dojo battles and PVP. Synoid Simulor still doesn't seem like it was nerfed too bad.

It actually seems like it was buffed into the range of being a status/low crit cc weapon. With its decreased stacking damage. 

This stuff looks good. Simulor changes are a great step toward the weapon still being unique, but requiring more active play, and the Tonkor change is also solid, preventing it from being used as a shotgun.

I am always seriously bothered when explosives in video games don't mess up the user if they literally stand in their own explosions repeatedly. That's the risk/reward of explosive weapons. You get big damage and big AOE, but you have to be more careful with it. We have melee weapons (and a quick melee key) for dealing with unexpected close range threats. People complaining that they don't like dealing with the self damage have a massive number of other aoe weapons to choose from that work at close range. Self damage is a common property of explosive weapons just like enhanced scopes is a common property of sniper rifles, etc.

The excuse that you're "getting griefed" by your teammates is silly, but hey, I don't see a problem with making explosives pass through teammates if that's such a big deal. Honestly if it happens often enough that its a problem, the problem isn't your teammates as much as it is your own carelessness.

For the players who actually end up soloing just about everything in a team game, this is actually pretty good, it doesn't changce the actual weapons that we use and ends up buffing the ones we don't use much.

I just hope the riven disposition changes accordingly, or not, doesn't really change anything.

I am only a bit upset about tonkor self damage, otherwise it's fine, i will keep moping up entire levels for everyone.

Super excited to see Miter and Panthera finally getting some love! 

Maybe consider gating self damage? Making it a percentage of your health taken as damage depending on how close you are to the explosion radius? Or something kind of like that? 

That would make all launchers a little less risky to use, while keeping them all on even footing. And keeping game balance by still keeping self damage in the game, just making it slightly less punishing. What does anyone think about that idea? 

2 hours ago, Voluundr said:

[JOYFUL, INCOHERENT SCREECHING OF DELIGHT]

Rebecca, I could kiss both you and the entire balance team (if one exists) for this miracle. I am fully aware that sounds wierd, but my baby (the Attica) deserves the love.

I  WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE. I have a riven for my beautiful baby that will make these changes all the better :P

Love you all at DE.

Also, for charges. I never cared that much about simulor Or boltace. They where so boring to me. I like single target fights with my trusty orthos Prime. Or Tigris Prime. And tonkor for boring and old very fast. it was fun with zephyr but that's it. Ty Ty and salutations

while these changes will have to be tested ingame for me to give proper feedback, i still just wanna say:

THANK YOU!

THIS, THIS is what warframe needs. this post made me extremely happy and grateful, more so than most recent events and gear addition announcements because even if it should turn out some of these changes miss their mark:

you're showing you care... and i'm glad. :)

All You Had To Do was give the tonkor self damage to balance it out.

You didn't have to make it completely S#&$ by killing the critical chance.

Thanks for throwing my 5 forma tonkor into the garbage.

I barely even used the thing, but when I did it was for killing mobs of high level infested. It's already worthless against armored heavy units, and it was before the patch.

Personally, the Glaxion =was= an awesome support gun back when you guys launched it. While not a damage dealer at all, the guaranteed slow on hit was very much useful. Modded, it could even soften up entire groups for a party kill with punch through and a Gas element.

What killed it back then was the nerf that happened quite a while after its launch, which drastically reduced the beam's accuracy on distance. It felt erratic as the Ignis, except without actual CC due to the beam's small size. In order to use the gun for stalling as before, the player would have to be on point blank for it to be effective, whereas much better options for CC would shine.

So, thank you guys for undoing this nerf <3 May the Glaxion become the debuffer it once was

Edited by Sangiros

2 hours ago, Spike_Rose said:

I can't believe people are actually cheering for nerfs. Eager to ruin the game for others, must be. I just don't understand these types of people. Leave my stuff alone and just handicap yourself for crying out loud.

Lol. These are long awaited nerfs. Boltace and simulor spammers everywhere will cry and all laugh in delight. I personally hated the spam and found the weapons boring. So they got a nerf