Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

Thats pretty amazing! Nice to see some old weapons getting some love aside Rivens.

Just some feedback, the crit chance on the Miter, Panthera (Normal Shot) and Paracyst is pretty lackluster. I'd say that 15% (30% on the Miter Charged shot) would be perfect.

The Tonkor has this nasty glitch where if you walk forward while shooting with an above average ping situation, the grenades actually hit you as they exit the weapon. It would be nice to see that fixed before we end instakilling ourselves.

While I didnt used the Telos Boltace for damage, I hope it still works are the box opener we used to.

Disapponting to not see any buffs or changes to Snipers, something that is in a DIRE need for changes.

Also, hope the rivens for these buffed weapons dont take a hit too big, like the Simulor/AkLex did. While the buffs are good, they will still be on the low spectrum of the meta.

Edited by MobyTheDuck

First and foremost, I don't mean to sound too over-critical. Overall, this is some great job, [DE]. I'm really excited about the Harpak, Ogris and Attica buffs. I also really hope the Hind and Buzlok buffs will be enough... Nevertheless, those are my initial thoughts.

1. I'm not seeing the Convetrix, Daiku, Phage, Snipetron, Stradavar, Supra, Synapse, Tetra, Tiberon and Torid on the list. These are all MR fodder weapons that are outclassed by other weapons of equal or lower MR.

2. Why do you keep insisting on raising MR requirements for all these sub-par weapons? Even with the changes mentioned, I feel like an increased MR requirement on those weapons is not justified.

3. The changes mentioned to the Hind are immensely vague. Hopefully the amount of damage, status or critical added is a metric butt-load. Otherwise this is just another Stradavar-like case. Please don't waste time and energy "buffing" a weapon if it's not going to be a significant increase. Similar thoughts for the Buzlok. I really hope those weapons actually become good and useful.

4. I can understand that you'd want to nerf the Synoid Simulor because players are getting sick of Mirage users who "abuse" the Synoid Simulor on Exterminate missions. But the regular Simulor? Come on, that weapon was already mastery fodder. It didn't deserve a kick in the balls. On a side note, I really hope nerfing AoE effects doesn't become a trend... oh wait, it already is. Goddamn it.

6. Not sure how I feel about the Tonkor nerf. I can understand nerfing the damage, but removing the fun jump mechanics and make it deal self-damage? That's kinda disappointing. At least keep it a mechanically fun weapon to use.

1 minute ago, DarkShadow7101 said:

If we have a school lens on one of the nerfed weapons, will we get another one?

You are right, I forgot about that, I put a greater lens on one of those weapons and it was NOT cheap.

Well this is certainly a surprise. DE finally got around to rebalancing a much needed set of weapons and they all look good on paper to boot. Will see if they all work out well once we get the update.

Also, I am happy with the much needed nerfs to the Tonkor and the Simulor weapons (if I get a dime for every time I seen players use those weapons in any sortie or in any given mission...) while not being significantly nerfed to a point that are no longer viable unlike the nerf to the synoid gammacor previously in the past.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

Sadly no reconfiguring can resurrect dead weapons. 

This update moves to bin good weapons:

• Telos Boltace
  • Synoid Simulor
  • Simulor
  • Tonkor

One or two of such "balances" and we will have literally nothing to use. 

If you take away something powerful then please give something powerful in return or there will be no real balance.

We now can't use this and this and so on - give us something we CAN use effectively then. 

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Critical Chance increased by 50% on targets with Homing Beacon attached to them.

I have a question. How does the critical chance work? So say I have a Buzlok with Point Strike on. Is it :

1. (15*250%)+50 = 87.5% crit chance ( 50% gets added after mods )

2. (15+50)*250% = 162.5% ( 50% added to base crit chance )

Because I sure would love shooting homing red crits on someone's face.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

This is great! Thanks guys. Look forward to testing these changes and having a reason to use my Panthera Riven!

@[DE]Rebecca, could we have as one of the changes switching the Ogris from charge-shot to semi-auto? It doesn't have any added charge shot functionality (like increasing damage if fully charged) and the charge requirement leads to a nasty bug where if you're slightly off on your mouse timing you can have the Ogris 'jam' and not fire at all. This is not fun and it's clear that the Ogris is in need of buffs anyways, so making the firing mode more reliable wouldn't make it somehow overpowered.

Even if this means toning down other buffs, I think most people would prefer a fun to use but weaker weapon to a strong but annoying weapon.

See.. i dont understand one thing, you guys have no issues releasing new stronger weapons, and i am all out for buffing and boosting weapons that are really or never used... but why do you have to outright kill weapons just because they are common?

i like explosive weapons, ogris and kulstar mostly, ogris got a buff, great! i saw it come, and be the first rocket launcher of the game, but did tonkor really need a self damage nerf? i dont really use tonkor, but that god dam mechanic pretty much means i rarely if ever use explosive weapons because if its a public match i'll die to allies, and if i'm with friends, i'll yell at them for coming in front of me.  In a game where it is now always a hoard mode all over you, wich wasnt before, why are aoe weapons geting trown to the ground to the point of being as useless as the weapons you guys are "buffing" ?  i apreciate the ogris buff, but i'll still die with it because of that dumb mechanic, and i'll have to now also waste time ressurecting people that have tonkor, or tonkor will not be used anymore at all, like you guys seem to want.

and the simulor nerf.... holy..;, the explosion range nerf? makes sence and needed. the alt fire explosion buff? kind of makes sence to make it worth using so people dont clutter the map as much, but to make the weapon over 5 times more weak? REALLY? 5 times???

and about the telos boltace, the only thing i'll note is, you guys made a MELLEE WEAPON have a mechanic that PUSHES ENEMYS AWAY......   think about that, i'm not even comenting on how more weak it will be now, just on that particular "mechanic"

and please tell me why would i want a SINGLE FORMA for a weapon that people obviously worked on then with 3 or more formas and the weapon will probably not be used anymore? i would apreciate it more if it was a catalyst so i could now invest in another weapon since the "old" one will probably not be used anyway.

I swear you guys dont like aoe weapons much, you really want people to single fire kill enemies in endurance runs, or you dont want people doing endurance runs at all, could be that too

hey guys, remenber when strun wraith was so good you guys nerfed it 5 times in a row, it was normal after 3 nerfs and then it got pointless, until noone used it anymore after 2.5 years with rivens, and it's only good with a riven because people still dont use it? i still remenber that. you guys have a famous history of nerfing weapons until they are not used anymore.

Edited by JaguarSoul
removing curse word

Okay...still not buff the Bronco Prime series

Aklex Prime have double magazine of the Lex Prime, It got pretty good stats and a lot of player using those weapons

Akbronco Prime only increase half magazine of the Bronco Prime, compare to other weapons stats it's weak and pretty much no one use those weapons

Make sense right?

Edited by NwProphet

I heartily welcome these changes.. Hell i am delighted about the sub per weapons getting buff, specially Attica.

Now while telos boltace and simulor nerfs  are fine and well deserved i dont understand the tonkor nerf. Only reason i ever used it coz of the no self damage.. the  warframes dont have nearly enough survivability to tank even 1 stray projectile from tonkor.. and a weapon that shoots grenades that bounces a lot.. there will be a lot of stray projectiles. this change will, at least for me shelve the tonkor for good.. like all other explosive weapons. If its necessary that every explosive weapon must have self damage, first thing that should be removed is friendly exploding the projectiles, because they are the prime unknown factor in the game.. and more often then not they are the reason of the death.

I'm not sure the cooldown on the t-boltace is necessary, making a melee weapon built on straight CC sounds very useful. Especially if gas is getting nerfed, overall reducing the damage potential of melee weapons in general.  Also, please let it keep breaking boxes, is that so broken?

I'd say consider adjusting the time until automatic detonation on simulor balls.  Obviously the intent is to avoid mindless spamming of the weapon, but shortening the time that the balls and mini-vortexes linger would reduce the visual clutter the weapon is responsible for, leave it some use as a launcher with a weird time delay to work with, while still being more useful to those people willing to use the alt-fire button actively.

I think some of the MR increases among the buffed weapons are out of line too.  The weapons aren't seeing use in their current rank, if your goal is to get them to see use, don't rank them among even better weapons.

Finally! This is great news! I'm looking forward to every single buff, especially because I have Rivens for about 90% of those weapons, but what'll really make a difference and I can't wait for is the nerfs. Please consider a quarterly nerf/buff pass on the most/least used weapons in PvE. Player investment doesn't trump game balance and viable weapon diversity.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

38 minutes ago, MJ12 said:

@[DE]Rebecca, could we have as one of the changes switching the Ogris from charge-shot to semi-auto? It doesn't have any added charge shot functionality (like increasing damage if fully charged) and the charge requirement leads to a nasty bug where if you're slightly off on your mouse timing you can have the Ogris 'jam' and not fire at all. This is not fun and it's clear that the Ogris is in need of buffs anyways, so making the firing mode more reliable wouldn't make it somehow overpowered.

Even if this means toning down other buffs, I think most people would prefer a fun to use but weaker weapon to a strong but annoying weapon.

That's not a bug.  Sorry to say, that's ACTUALLY a weapon jam.  Yeah, that's how it's SUPPOSED to work.

That's from a time long ago, when we hade 540 rockets in reserve, and there were no specialty (purple) ammo pickups.

REALLY!? People are cheering for nerfs?? What world is this? Self damage in a horde based game like Warframe is the same as punching yourself in the face! By accident whether some enemy came too close or a team mate runs in front of you and you shoot them thus the impact blows you up in a single shot!!! I've been using the Zarr in cannon mode too many times to know this happens to freaking often! Why didn't you just have us be staggered or knocked back by the explosion or some crap!? Self damage is a joke. I look forward to meta weapon's being nerf so I can cheer and laugh while posting condensing comments like "OMG, TIRGRESS PRIME USERS ARE SO SALTY OVER THIS NERF, LOOK AT THEM GETTING MAD AND PROTESTING OVER THEIR FAVORITE WEAPON GETTING HIT BY THE NERF BAT, LOL. GET OVER IT!! C:"

1 minute ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

REALLY!? People are cheering for nerfs?? What world is this? Self damage in a horde based game like Warframe is the same as punching yourself in the face! By accident whether some enemy came too close or a team mate runs in front of you and you shoot them thus the impact blows you up in a single shot!!! I've been using the Zarr in cannon mode too many times to know this happens to freaking often! Why didn't you just have us be staggered or knocked back by the explosion or some crap!? Self damage is a joke. I look forward to meta weapon's being nerf so I can cheer and laugh while posting condensing comments like "OMG, TIRGRESS PRIME USERS ARE SO SALTY OVER THIS NERF, LOOK AT THEM GETTING MAD AND PROTESTING OVER THEIR FAVORITE WEAPON GETTING HIT BY THE NERF BAT, LOL. GET OVER IT!! C:"

Agreed to the self damage bit.  Totally agreed.

I think many of us are happy about the buffs to the less used weapons, ranther than happy about the nerfs.  Some of us are happy to see mechanical shifts being looked into for the Synoid Simulor and Tonkor, but I'm not "there" with the nerfs totally.

The Simulors lose more than they gain AND wind up with a "shoot 3 times, get one REAL shot off" mechanic tacked on.  I really wish they had a mechanic on the detonate to draw enemies into a central point as well.

The Telos Boltace makes me feel REALLY uncomfortable.  I'm not certain wether it's still going to break containers and proc slash, or just die in a ditch.  That slash proc is what I was using them for TBH, as it let me get utility from Healing Return.  I'd be out not only a potato on the TBs, but also the endo for a mod without a cause anymore.

9 hours ago, maj.death said:

I can't believe you people expect refunds on the nerfed weapons you've spent ages abusing.

AS WE SHOULD!! Remember DE is the one who made, designed, and left this weapons freely for players to use for 2 YEARS. I say if we're gonna be left fixing a weapon you made and nerfed to the ground, we should EXPECT forma refunds for weapons we worked our tails off to build!

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50

Wow, Ref Synoid SImulor: Look at the decrease in a percentage format:
Range decrease: -66.67% to - 62.5%
Damage decrease: -86.67% to -80% 
Even at MAX it is less than the previous minimums.

Nerf might be to polite a word ... "Kill" might be more appropriate.

IMHO, It appears weapons with AOE effect are being nerfed to play more like single target weapons. Which kind of defeats the purpose for having them around to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Agreed to the self damage bit.  Totally agreed.

I think many of us are happy about the buffs to the less used weapons, ranther than happy about the nerfs.  Some of us are happy to see mechanical shifts being looked into for the Synoid Simulor and Tonkor, but I'm not "there" with the nerfs totally.

The Simulors lose more than they gain AND wind up with a "shoot 3 times, get one REAL shot off" mechanic tacked on.  I really wish they had a mechanic on the detonate to draw enemies into a central point as well.

The Telos Boltace makes me feel REALLY uncomfortable.  I'm not certain wether it's still going to break containers and proc slash, or just die in a ditch.  That slash proc is what I was using them for TBH, as it let me get utility from Healing Return.  I'd be out not only a potato on the TBs, but also the endo for a mod without a cause anymore.

The problem with the Simulor nerfs is that it kicks anyone who never used the Mirage + Simulor combo in their entire time playing the game. People were so every for this combo to be nerfed they never considered those players. Its like back when Trinity, Excalibur, and some other frame got nerfed because some players abused the only node Viver I think the name was.