Jump to content

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sigmas71 said:

Even a full forma tonkor will take a few days, maybe a week to complete. Not months. And they already said they'd give you some forma back, which should give you a head start on whatever google slaps you with as the new OP META GOD BUILD 

:) good luck

See this is in part the problem I see with a lot of the attitudes towards things like this. Not that it is outright wrong. Assuming you have everything you need it does probably take less than a day to throw together a "OP" weapon build.

For me this whole change is pretty much nothing. I had my Tonkor fun back when it was literally the only weapon that did enough damage to be viable for a lot of the game. At some point I ditched it for the Synoid Simulor because it was efficient. Then I moved on to other weapons, so the changes don't specifically effect me and even if they did I'm at a point in the game where I could (with my over 10k mods and glut of resources/primes/forma/catalysts) totally shrug it off.

However for a new player who doesn't have access to those resources, who just got their new Tonkor. Who doesn't have the mods they need to make a meta build. Who doesn't have the Forma or the Catalysts on hand and is relying primarily on blueprint drops for those. It can take months of work to get to a point where they have the resources to assemble a fully leveled "OP META GOD BUILD". Especially if they have no clue about the Market and trading terrifies them (like it did me for the longest time) because there is no way to know what things are actually worth (ask trade chat kappa) and frankly trading in this game is pretty damn clunky even when you do know what's going on.

Yeah there will be a new meta build (on the chopping block) but the fact is changes like this are more impactful to newer players than they are more established players. Whenever a change comes up I try my best to look at it from the perspective I would have had when I first started playing and early game me would probably be sobbing in a corner.

That said current game me is stoked for the Miter changes <3

Anyhow that turned into a lot more words than I intended :P

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a new player ~60 consec. days login ~25 days playtime (~1000h in game). I just finished my Zephyr (Jet Stream) - Tonkor build catalist/reactor ~12forma + time to lvl them. The same for Boltace + tying to get all the mods for the build (not a cheap one). And now I can't play them anymore an I'll get a forma and a 3 day booster? Man, I have been playing like crazy and I love this game but this, this for a new player like me is a big question mark if I should keep playing. Is not okay to play with fear and asking yourself what weapon/frame gets killed next. And a developer, why in the world would you kill your game?! I have been playing games since cheating was using god mode and aim bots not binding 2 actions on a single button, so sad. :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good changes, thank you.

I'm eager to see more changes like this in the future for the sake of a more balanced weapons (is logic to be some weapons more powerful than others, but here there are some unbalanced weapons that are or too weak or too powerful).

Opinion: It's true that much people cheese missions with telos boltace which is very annoying, so a change is very welcome, but the new mechanic sounds... extrange, maybe very useful, maybe not. For sure worth to test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why they would never made some events more frequent to allow more ppl to get some powerful and rare stuff, like Argon sight or Maiming strike? The answer is simple: platinum.

Some nolifers were able to get this, but most players are not. So where they can get that mods (for the 300+pl price)? Only buy it from that nolifers.

But where to get platinum? Right - buy it from DE for real money.

The same reason for some frames, like Ember (800+pl price for THAT useless frame, omg) or Frost, etc.

That's why they are nerfing good weapons - to not allow players farm stuff for sale easier and force them to buy it for crazy platinum prices or just in the shop. And there is no deal with the noob-whiners tears - only busyness.

To prevent your cool stories about ingame trading, I would say: there is NO source of the platinum in the game, someone need to buy it 1st for the real money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DYSEQTA said:

Nyx, Mag, Oberon...weak? I think some peeps had their brains nerfed...

As much as I love Broberon (MR17 with 25% usage rate), I can tell you he is weak, especially when u face high level mobs with broberon and u will feel exactly what "helpless" means, TBH Nyx & Mag are higher tier compared to poor Broberon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DualParadox said:

I'm a new player ~60 consec. days login ~25 days playtime (~1000h in game). I just finished my Zephyr (Jet Stream) - Tonkor build catalist/reactor ~12forma + time to lvl them. The same for Boltace + tying to get all the mods for the build (not a cheap one). And now I can't play them anymore an I'll get a forma and a 3 day booster? Man, I have been playing like crazy and I love this game but this, this for a new player like me is a big question mark if I should keep playing. Is not okay to play with fear and asking yourself what weapon/frame gets killed next. And a developer, why in the world would you kill your game?! I have been playing games since cheating was using god mode and aim bots not binding 2 actions on a single button, so sad. :( 

this is very rare and i9t only happens to weapons that are broken and way too overused. that is why i never play the strongest weapons. its simply to avoid wasting my time on a trend that will be nerfed sooner or later. i suggest you get a weapon you like, then you get a godroll riven for it ans stick with it for highlevel content. i did that for my supra and it has done a great service for me in my past 5000 hours or playtime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KRANOT said:

ALL of this is music to my ears! and the tonkornerf is the grand finaly! i @(*()&#036; love you DE!

finally skillfree tonkor%&amp;^s will not have a nonselfdamaging crutch anymore!

maybe you, "skilled" player, able to record 1hr video of survival in the Void with the Panthera?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really disappointing news, sorry for you but this is a measure of cheap populism, those who complain mainly of the tonkor and symulor sinoid are part of a current of bullying that does nothing but complain because they are incapable To work hard to put forms, improve syndicates and dedicate hours to reach MR 12 or more besides improving weapons, I mean the long and hard list of things that need to be done to make a tonkor work properly or have a good This is not balancing the game, this is populism, I should be embarrassed, I am not a child, I am 37 years old, I work hard every day, and I dedicate time to my family and Also the game, yesss warframe, the only online game that I managed to catch in my 31 years of player, I only express my personal opinion and I hope not to disturb anyone, I am sure that these lines will not serve anything more than help to release my frustration For these actions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DualParadox said:

I'm a new player ~60 consec. days login ~25 days playtime (~1000h in game). I just finished my Zephyr (Jet Stream) - Tonkor build catalist/reactor ~12forma + time to lvl them. The same for Boltace + tying to get all the mods for the build (not a cheap one). And now I can't play them anymore an I'll get a forma and a 3 day booster? Man, I have been playing like crazy and I love this game but this, this for a new player like me is a big question mark if I should keep playing. Is not okay to play with fear and asking yourself what weapon/frame gets killed next. And a developer, why in the world would you kill your game?! I have been playing games since cheating was using god mode and aim bots not binding 2 actions on a single button, so sad. :( 

I know at least two of my friends totally dropped the game because of Weapon/Warframe nerfs. Which left me in a totally dead clan and eventually not having anyone to really help me out I quit for some time. I think it was TWW update (because I was still subbed to the games steam notifications) was what brought me back.

Considering (if memory serves) that one of the changes that caused them to leave in the first place was the initial Tonkor nerf..... I'm pretty sure this change will cement them into the "never coming back" category :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DualParadox said:

I'm a new player ~60 consec. days login ~25 days playtime (~1000h in game). I just finished my Zephyr (Jet Stream) - Tonkor build catalist/reactor ~12forma + time to lvl them. The same for Boltace + tying to get all the mods for the build (not a cheap one). And now I can't play them anymore an I'll get a forma and a 3 day booster? Man, I have been playing like crazy and I love this game but this, this for a new player like me is a big question mark if I should keep playing. Is not okay to play with fear and asking yourself what weapon/frame gets killed next. And a developer, why in the world would you kill your game?! I have been playing games since cheating was using god mode and aim bots not binding 2 actions on a single button, so sad. :( 

Zephyr isn't in a good place at ALL right now.  I can see how this hurts her meta, and her lack of other builds isn't due to how good this combo is, it's just how limited SHE is.  She's coming up sometime soon for rework (supposedly).

Fortunately, only Mirage and Zephyr seem at risk of seeing any shift in play at all, and only Zephyr seems "hurt" by this.  Fact:  Keep your build and you'll be fine as is.  Maybe you'll get other weapons that work with it.  Until Zephyr gets reworked, I don't see any other build working anyway.

If this is really destructive to what you had in mind, I suggest going for something more flexible and generally good, like Equinox.  I'm sorry to say my Zephyr's been collecting dust for a LOOONG time.

I really do sympathize, I'm just an A****** and not good at expressing that sympathy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DualParadox said:

Is not okay to play with fear and asking yourself what weapon/frame gets killed next.

Ohh, don't worry, we are getting such "balances" pretty much for years! I understand your feelings about it and fully support that it should not be normal.

To know what will be nerfed next you can check what weapons are still effective enough to kill enemies past lvl 30. 

Also, if newly released weapon or warframe will be good and playable it will be nerfed in less than a month.

Sadly, no fun allowed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Death_Master_ said:

They end up with reverse cycle of ever going nerfs which devaluate completely weapons and our efforts pun in those weapons. To me increasing cycle would be even if as useless but at least not as annoying. Ideal balance would be if they now do much more buffs because of dozens of nerfs they did already last year. Buff to many weapons to a good level instead of killing a few good weapons people did put effort in would be wise decision instead of making people feel like they got robbed.

Don't you think people would like to feel they progress bit further instead of feeling they are regressing?

When did I say DE should nerf more then buff? thats not how it works. I'm saying DE should (like pretty much all devs do) nerf and buff where appropriate. it makes more sense generally to bring one drastically more powerful and OP weapon in line with everything else (along with some content), rather then spend a tonne of time buffing EVERYTHING else up to one or two weapons levels. Its less time consuming and more logical to spend more time actually thinking about how balance works then just mindlessly shifting the numbers exclusively in either direction. Shifting the scale in exclusively one direction does absolutely nothing except, make what ever numbers that were considered decent stats now underwhelming. An endlessly increasing buff cycle would actually be worse for the game, becaus eit would mean DE would be wasting endless amounts of time buffing weapons and content, including enemies they wouldn't need buffing normally. Not to mention it would only make WFs other glaring issues like scaling ect even worse and less likely to be fixed. Thats what would kill the game for me. Not the occasional nerf of whatever the current flavor of the month meta set up is.

Its funny, I've had quite a few of my favorite weapons nerfed and I never cared too much. You know why? Because a majority of the time the nerf wasn't anywhere near as bad as people claimed it was because the community has such a horrible understanding of the game and its mechanics in general that a really a$$ backwards culture of overzelous min/maxing suddenly sprung up out of no where. Ultimately, if I can make a tysis (and a lot of "trash" weapons) work past what a majority of the game is balanced for, then chances are whatever the current tear jerking nerf of the month is, isn't anywhere near as bad is people think it is. I only say this, because I've been around long enough and experimented long enough to know what I can and cannot get away with taking to a mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

When did I say DE should nerf more then buff? thats not how it works. I'm saying DE should (like pretty much all devs do) nerf and buff where appropriate. it makes more sense generally to bring one drastically more powerful and OP weapon in line with everything else (along with some content), rather then spend a tonne of time buffing EVERYTHING else up to one or two weapons levels. Its less time consuming and more logical to spend more time actually thinking about how balance works then just mindlessly shifting the numbers exclusively in either direction. Shifting the scale in exclusively one direction does absolutely nothing except, make what ever numbers that were considered decent stats now underwhelming. An endlessly increasing buff cycle would actually be worse for the game, becaus eit would mean DE would be wasting endless amounts of time buffing weapons and content, including enemies they wouldn't need buffing normally. Not to mention it would only make WFs other glaring issues like scaling ect even worse and less likely to be fixed. Thats what would kill the game for me. Not the occasional nerf of whatever the current flavor of the month meta set up is.

Its funny, I've had quite a few of my favorite weapons nerfed and I never cared too much. You know why? Because a majority of the time the nerf wasn't anywhere near as bad as people claimed it was because the community has such a horrible understanding of the game and its mechanics in general that a really a$$ backwards culture of overzelous min/maxing suddenly sprung up out of no where. Ultimately, if I can make a tysis (and a lot of "trash" weapons) work past what a majority of the game is balanced for, then chances are whatever the current tear jerking nerf of the month is, isn't anywhere near as bad is people think it is. I only say this, because I've been around long enough and experimented long enough to know what I can and cannot get away with taking to a mission.

You are right.

let's nerf everything to the Bronco's lvl

Link to post
Share on other sites

Save the Similor. Can change this.

  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50

To this:

  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 50-100

The weapon has already been lacking slightly in damage after explosion became unable to headshot. Only frames that can buff weapon damage really make this weapon seem overpower.

Also there seems to be a typo with the glaxion buff. The current base damage is far lower and the arsenal currently stats that the cold damage is 12.5 not 250.

Quote

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

  • Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.

 

Edited by Onokosha
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Omg finally! Tonkor is getting a nerf!! YES! Thank you so much! 

Why so happy ?! I don't understand ?!!?!?

DE Please, i undertand and i'm fine with all the changes....i understand the reasons and all that. BUT PLEASE DE !!! Do not reduce the critical Chance of Tonkor ! I'm fine with self damage and the other things, but do not make it lower crit ! Please DE !

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

I think that Kramer actually made an excellent post about my opinon on the Telos Boltace right as I was writing my post and felt like I should show my agreement.

;) thanks mate

Let's hope it will be heard a bit ;)

See u

Edited by Kramer17
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

You are right.

let's nerf everything to the Bronco's lvl

Well, We clearly established that your reading and comprehension levels are off the charts. Nice strawman, hombre.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear DE,

It is okay NOT to have self-damage from launcher / throw weapon?

But make us stagger or knockdown as a result of blast effects depend on the where we stand on the blast radius.

You may said player might use Atlas to counter it, but I think it is good to see more Atlas players.

You may said player might use knockback recovery or anti-stagger mod. Well, they lost a mod slot to counter that is fine.

The Grinner able to have better technology to counter the blast damage from launcher weapon from Bombard and walk off with tiny scratch,

But why Tenno's Warframe can't have these feature too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...