Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

I played countless hours before I picked up Tonkor but loved it right away when I got it set up properly. Use it mainly in Excavations and Survival.

If the weapon is going to do huge self damage I don't really see the point with that change unless your aim is to stop people from using it. It will most likely cause huge loads of deaths related to team mates moving in the way or perhaps even in excavation inside Frosts Globe the distance just wont be enough to use that weapon to protect the excavator. So to me it seems that it simply wont be fun to use anymore.

Same happened to me at least with some secondary weapon that fired rockets. It just is not fun using a weapon like that in a game like this. Constantly killing yourself in a fast paced game.

Don't have enough expirience with multiple weapons so I am not 100% sure but to me it seems there are plenty of badly performing weapons and your solution is the nerf the weapons that people love :P

7 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

You are right.

let's nerf everything to the Bronco's lvl

You do realize that's exactly the opposite of what he said, right?

I'm just checking because language barriers are no joke, and you may have been awake for quite a while at this point.  No way for me to tell.

Symulor changes makes it absolutely unusable crap.

No "just bring it to the another weapons lvl", but "absolutely unusable crap". And still only Mirage would able to use it, coz she fires 3 projectiles at once and would be able to blast it immediately. Every another frame wouldn't be able to use it.

Are you call this "well designed balance"? Lol, no!

All they were need to do is allow only ONE stack exists in the world for the symulor, but they are decided to just ruin it completely. Great job, seems like are professionals only are sitting there!

Edited by SilverWF

When the Hema research cost are complained, DE don't make any changes because " there's other clan that actually get Hema research done even with the cost being that high, because some people are actually putting EFFORT in completing the Hema research, so changes are not needed to be fair to those who completed it."

But definitely nerf the weapon that people put EFFORT, forma and time to make it good. Because others don't get quite as much "kills" as the people that put effort to forma their weapons.

Double standard?

well, Dear DE, please! before you're going to release new content being any weapons, frames and changes, PLEASE DO PLAY TEST it in the game. not "messing around for a few hours or days" actual play test with the knowledge of how the mods/ frames etc interact with the weapon or the content itself before releasing it without having to heavily "fixing it" or make significant changes that can utterly just make the weapon into another MR fodder and at the same time pissing off and dividing almost half of the player base.

10 minutes ago, heisthex said:

Dear DE,

It is okay NOT to have self-damage from launcher / throw weapon?

But make us stagger or knockdown as a result of blast effects depend on the where we stand on the blast radius.

You may said player might use Atlas to counter it, but I think it is good to see more Atlas players.

You may said player might use knockback recovery or anti-stagger mod. Well, they lost a mod slot to counter that is fine.

The Grinner able to have better technology to counter the blast damage from launcher weapon from Bombard and walk off with tiny scratch,

But why Tenno's Warframe can't have these feature too?

I actually think this is good idea. Being staggered/knockdown rather than taking self damage would be a nice addition. Maybe then I can enjoy my Kulstar's unique shatter effect without the RNG bouncing effect becoming fatal.

4 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

Why they would never made some events more frequent to allow more ppl to get some powerful and rare stuff, like Argon sight or Maiming strike? The answer is simple: platinum.

Argon Scope isn't even good to begin with. Also, it's no secret that the in-game economy is of interest to them.

7 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

Some nolifers were able to get this, but most players are not. So where they can get that mods (for the 300+pl price)? Only buy it from that nolifers.

The only mod that's both powerful and expensive is Maiming Strike, so you have to kill Violence a number of times, depending on your luck. There's no 'no-lifing' involved unless you want to sell it yourself. If you can't log into the game during the two to three days where a specific Acolyte shows up, you can buy it for about 200p when the event is just over which is still a high price for one mod but not the end of the world either (at least it's not 800+). All of the other rares are either bad or so very niche that 95% of all players won't bother ever. If running any of the Acolytes about five times to get the common and uncommon ones is still too much 'no-lifing', you can buy all the important ones for 50p total at the end of the event. I'd even argue that the only important one to get is Weeping Wounds (Body Count can easily be substituted by Drifting Contact and Blood Rush is farmable via Lua Spy).

20 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

To prevent your cool stories about ingame trading, I would say: there is NO source of the platinum in the game, someone need to buy it 1st for the real money.

Someone but not you. Currently, I'm at 6700p (I just browsed through my screenshots and saw one about a year ago at 100p) just by the laziest way of trading possible: listing stuff on warframe.market and wait. You can't really 'prevent' any 'stories' about this since it's just as it is. Everyone can do it if they're willing to invest a bare minimum of time to learn what in their inventories is profitable. Even if one's not willing to trade actively, merely selling Syndicate weapons (preferably secondaries) will give you a constant income just by playing with a Sigil on.

39 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

That's why they are nerfing good weapons - to not allow players farm stuff for sale easier and force them to buy it for crazy platinum prices or just in the shop. And there is no deal with the noob-whiners tears - only busyness.

Those nerfs change nothing about the value of these mods. There are far more suitable weapons for Maiming Strike than Telos Boltace (you can make strong builds without it; it all depends on what you focus on). As for Argon Scope, its prestige value has nothing to do with the nerfed weapons either.

2 minutes ago, SANYA501 said:

When the Hema research cost are complained, DE don't make any changes because " there's other clan that actually get Hema research done even with the cost being that high, because some people are actually putting EFFORT in completing the Hema research, so changes are not needed to be fair to those who completed it."

But definitely nerf the weapon that people put EFFORT, forma and time to make it good. Because others don't get quite as much "kills" as the people that put effort to forma their weapons.

Are u serious? I would translate it for ya:

We would not reduce mutagen requirements for Hema coz: ppl are still buying it in the shop, also buying mutagens in the shop and also buying resource boosts in the shop.

We would nerf some good weapons, coz it allow players to not buy some boosters in the shop that often as we want to. To visually balance that nerf we would "buff" absolutely stupid and unusable for our high lvl content weapons.

No need to thanks me for the translation.

1 minute ago, rngd444 said:

Someone but not you. Currently, I'm at 6700p (I just browsed through my screenshots and saw one about a year ago at 100p) just by the laziest way of trading possible: listing stuff on warframe.market and wait. You can't really 'prevent' any 'stories' about this since it's just as it is. Everyone can do it if they're willing to invest a bare minimum of time to learn what in their inventories is profitable. Even if one's not willing to trade actively, merely selling Syndicate weapons (preferably secondaries) will give you a constant income just by playing with a Sigil on.

you have no skill in the global view of the things. Someone need to buy platinum first for the real money - there is NO another source of it in the game. Not for personally you or any another pretty rare nolifer-trader, but in the game.

44 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

An endlessly increasing buff cycle would actually be worse for the game, becaus eit would mean DE would be wasting endless amounts of time buffing weapons and content, including enemies they wouldn't need buffing normally.

Really? When was last corpus nerf? And corpus buffs? Right, they had buffs to counter Mag and when Mag was nerfed they got even more buffs in progress. I don't see logic in making enemies harder and at the same time  taking away our ways to deal with that. 

Look at Telos boltace- it is now a good weapon but soon it will be nerfed to deal no AOE damage. And AOE is the only good thing it has.

Remember Caustacyst? After they took away slash damage(which was the best part of it) from it you ever seen anyone actually using it? I didn't.

Remember bladestorm Ash? How many people use it now? 

Remember Excalubur cutting a way in enemy crowds? How many excals we see recently?

Remember Nidus? Some days of fun(after release) and then it isn't good enough to bother farming it. 

Remember blessing trin? How many blessing trins are around? 

P.S. I dont really care what they say about balance, i do care what they actually DO about it. 

Edited by Death_Master_
PS

I would like to see self damage take a nerf. Have it do something like 5-15% of its max damage. Most launchers aoe's can kill a Tenno three times over easily. I wouldn't mind seeing the simulor's alt fire doing self damage to fair it up with the rest of the aoe weapons. If you really wanted to nerf the simulor make it do self damage. Then players would fear it proper.

You'll get one Forma as an "inconvenience compensation," but your weapon should remain unchanged. They're not deleting the weapon or resetting it's rank, as far as I know. So if you have a 5-forma Tonkor, you'll still have a 5-forma Tonkor. It's just that some people will throw their hands up and declare the weapon(s) ruined forever, and in an attempt to mollify them, DE is giving out a forma. 

I also realized that they should have removed the screen shake from Simulor projectiles. I'd consider that a buff, in fact: suddenly, everyone near a simulor user can be more accurate! :laugh:

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

You'll get one Forma as an "inconvenience compensation," but your weapon should remain unchanged. They're not deleting the weapon or resetting it's rank, as far as I know. So if you have a 5-forma Tonkor, you'll still have a 5-forma Tonkor. It's just that some people will throw their hands up and declare the weapon(s) ruined forever, and in an attempt to mollify them, DE is giving out a forma. 

I also realized that they should have removed the screen shake from Simulor projectiles. I'd consider that a buff, in fact: suddenly, everyone near a simulor user can be more accurate! :laugh:

Crisis averted then XD

5 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

Really? When was last corpus nerf? And corpus buffs? Right, they had buffs to counter Mag and when Mag was nerfed they got even more buffs in progress. I don't see logic in making enemies harder and at the same time  taking away our ways to deal with that. 

Look at Telos boltace- it is now a good weapon but soon it will be nerfed to deal no AOE damage. And AOE is the only good thing it has.

Remember Caustacyst? After they took away slash damage(which was the best part of it) from it you ever seen anyone actually using it? I didn't.

Remember bladestorm Ash? How many people use it now? 

Remember Excalubur cutting a way in enemy crowds? How many excals we see recently?

Remember Nidus? Some days of fun(after release) and then it isn't good enough to bother farming it. 

Remember blessing trin? How many blessing trins are around? 

- Causacyst? Love it still. I see it about as much as any other weapon.

- Bladestorm Ash? Think that was the point. It was massively abused and almost the only ability people used. Still see ash around about as much as ever.

- Excalabro? Plenty and he is just as good as he's always been,

- Nidus? As OP as ever.

- Blessing trin was literally god mod and made even link pointless. Now you're just hurting your argument.

Sorry, not seeing your point hombre. Buff and nerf where appropriate. I'm not convinced you've been reading my responses.

1 minute ago, StinkyPygmy said:

- Causacyst? Love it still. I see it about as much as any other weapon.

- Bladestorm Ash? Think that was the point. It was massively abused and almost the only ability people used. Still see ash around about as much as ever.

- Excalabro? Plenty and he is just as good as he's always been,

- Nidus? As OP as ever.

- Blessing trin was literally god mod and made even link pointless. Now you're just hurting your argument.

Sorry, not seeing your point hombre. Buff and nerf where appropriate. I'm not convinced you've been reading my responses.

Lie, never seen it for the last month

A lot? Really? Once per 10 missions and all they do - is melee weapons spam

Ex? The same is pretty rare

Nidus is OP? OP against your usual lvl enemies - lvl 10 greneers, right?

And now there is only mana-trin required, nothing else.

Wonder, are we playing the same game?

1 hour ago, SilverWF said:

maybe you, "skilled" player, able to record 1hr video of survival in the Void with the Panthera?

if i where a panthera player sure but i am not a fan of panthera to begin with. but maybe it will be nice after the buff.

i recon 1hour surv in endgameareas is just as feasible with soma P. or a wellbuilt bow. tonkor is still trash nomatter how you look at it. its a noobs weapon of choice because it makes shiny big OP numbers appear without any tradeoff whatsoever.

24 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

you have no skill in the global view of the things. Someone need to buy platinum first for the real money - there is NO another source of it in the game. Not for personally you or any another pretty rare nolifer-trader, but in the game.

You're missing the point (and obviously lack the self-proclaimed 'global view' yourself). We wouldn't be playing if no one did, so whatever you want to say, it doesn't matter for anyone who just wants to get Maiming Strike cheap. Warframe handles the whole real money currency better than the broad majority of F2P games (where you can't get the equivalent through in-game activities by any means). And trust me, I'm surely not on their side on this; things like War's in-game acquisition (plus the subsequent grind if you want to keep both swords) and the Hema research are obvious cash grabs.

Just now, SilverWF said:

Lie, never seen it for the last month

A lot? Really? Once per 10 missions and all they do - is melee weapons spam

Ex? The same is pretty rare

Nidus is OP? OP against your usual lvl enemies - lvl 10 greneers, right?

And now there is only mana-trin required, nothing else.

Wonder, are we playing the same game?

So somehow your experience is indicative of everyone elses experiences in the game and the wider picture? 

Gotchya. Makes sense?

1 minute ago, KRANOT said:

if i where a panthera player sure but i am not a fan of panthera to begin with. but maybe it will be nice after the buff.

i recon 1hour surv in endgameareas is just as feasible with soma P. or a wellbuilt bow. tonkor is still trash nomatter how you look at it. its a noobs weapon of choice because it makes shiny big OP numbers appear without any tradeoff whatsoever.

Sure, record it with Soma Prime, go on.

8 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

I dont understand why you want this

Because I'm not a selfish narrow minded Simulor spammer who can't handle their favorite blatantly overpowered weapons that ruin the fun of everyone else in the party to be nerfed despite the healthy improvement to the game as a whole it will give.

Also, did you miss the 10 other weapons that will actually be useful now?