Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

I can accept the majority of these, but I love my Boltace as is... it's the one Melee I actually consistently use... Well, if this kills it, at least I can fall back to the Atterax and Sheev.

It actually fits its place as is due to things getting hellish and frantic at extremely high levels, and this thing's stagger and bleed, combined with its status and range, has saved my group numerous times.

I feel like some kind of... weird vortex thing here doesn't fit this weapon at all. Sure, it brings them towards you, but are they going to get hit or close in after the attack is done with just the ragdoll doing the damage (Which the weapon REALLY can't afford).

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

20 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have invested any Forma into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be a single Inbox message generated on Login to give you an 3 day Affinity Booster and Forma Bundle (contains 3 Forma) to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

I hope, we've got 3 Forma for each nerfed weapon?!

I'm fine with most changes, seeing some weapons like the Glaxion being buffed (and getting it's accuracy back) is great, I love Glaxion but the drunk aim update killed, but there's a couple of things that were missed.

Buzlok has no mention of a flight speed increase to the main shot, I understand that you want us to use the homing but the flight speed of the weapon is one of the worst in game and it's one of the things that makes it bad and a small increase wouldn't make the beacon useless when the buffs it got make it worth it anyway.

Mutalist Quanta too could use just a tiny bit of flight speed and it really needs damage, again, I understand you want us to use the alt fire (which hopefully the visuals got updated because one really big issue is that we can't see through it, so we can't hit enemies, plus, again, flight speed) but the alt fire itself already is worth using if you update it and make it better to use, like making it so enemies and allies can't hit the bubble away and make it so we can see through it so we can aim at enemies and use the bubble. If those mechanical issues were improved (the post doesn't really say what it changed besides stacking) then great.

On another note I regret getting rid of the Hind Riven I had, it might be interesting now (no damage buff though? It needs just a little push, just a little is enough until we get the Wraith, someday).
But anyway, GLAXION HYPE!

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Weapon Balance Pass.

As we near the staggering number of 300 weapons (including variants), the task of balancing grows increasingly daunting. At its core, Warframe is a co-operative game; having powerful tools is a boon to a team rather than a disadvantage. However, there are a few weapons that have such a dominating effect in missions that co-operative missions essentially become solo. Aside from the handful of dominating weapons, there are even more that have been overlooked.

We have taken a look at our Arsenal and adjusted many weapons - mostly Primaries at this time. Everything below is subject to change. This is our current plan and gives you a general idea of what is coming in the next big Update!

We have buffed 10 underpowered weapons which have unique mechanics that have been overlooked due to their poor stats.

PLEASE Consider The MIRE , like a buff to its status if not 30% at least 25%

Edited by arm4geddon-117

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Buzlok

• Clip size reduced to 50.

What? No. NO!

The whole reason I like the Buzlok is because I can hold down the trigger and magdump for half a minute with that lovely sound. Don't take that away from me.

If you have invested any Forma into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be a single Inbox message generated on Login to give you an 3 day Affinity Booster and Forma Bundle (contains 3 Forma) to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

Why was this original offer changed? And does the new offer only reward one forma per weapon, or one forma for each forma on the weapon? And does this mean with the new offer we can get up to 4 forma? 

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

• Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
  • The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
  • Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
  • Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.

Will we see any changes to status per second on beam weapons? In it's current state it's pretty meaningless...

Simulor nerf - probably positive. I didn't mind the "Simulor Mirage is killing things before  I do!" aspect because, well, we need to kill stuff, the faster the better to complete missions. But the pew-pew sound WAS annoying. If there's going to be less of it I'm all for it.

Tonkor nerf - don't care. I'm using Secura Penta with Tether Grenades as a no-self-damage launcher anyway. 

Telos Boltace nerf - please make the push/pull effect break crates in a radius equivalent to old "slash wave" radius. It makes looking for Ayatan Stars so much easier. As for damage/crits... Don't care, really. 

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

what happened to the 3 forma per weapon

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

5 Forma Tonkor, 5 Forma Synoid Simulor, 3 Forma Telos Boltace and I get 3 Forma? Dafuq?!

(Well...I used Simulor and TB only for Syndicate chestopening, but still...)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

• Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
  • The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
  • Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
  • Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.

Wait what... Why the decease in damage and range for the Glaxion?

Really? Don't get that one especially if you've significantly buffed the Ogris.

Edited by Naith
See below

Yet my Glaive and Fang Prime remain unchanged.

DE PLEASE. On a serious note I hope Scott can cover these 2 sooner than later.

Thanks Rebecca for the information :)

Just now, Naith said:

Wait what... Why the decease in damage and range for the Glaxion?

Really? Don't get that one especially if you've significantly buffed the Ogris.

The damage has been increased though, from 250 to 333. I think you read that one part wrong :P

Edited by NightmareT12

1 minute ago, Spike_Rose said:

I can't believe people are actually cheering for nerfs. Eager to ruin the game for others, must be.

People are cheering because the nerfed weapons were blatantly overpowered. The game isn't ruined for anyone, people are just mad their overpowered toys won't be so powerful they'll be able to soak up everyone elses fun too. I'm eager to be able to play Warframe again, instead of playing "Run away from the guy with a telos boltace, so you can actually find enemies that are alive so you can kill them"

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

5 Forma Tonkor, 5 Forma Synoid Simulor, 3 Forma Telos Boltace and I get 3 Forma? Dafuq?!

(Well...I used Simulor and TB only for Syndicate chestopening, but still...)

I feel the pain as well. only 3 forma for 3 weapons. seriously DE?!

RIP to all those times invested into those weapons. :'3

I'm a little confused on the Synoid Simulor...

So it's already crazy (on a particular frame) but it's not powerful enough? Because that looks like a buff, more controlled, but still a buff...

Other than that the changes are cool, Looking forward to the Panthera, I've been holding onto it for almost a year for just such a buff.

Edited by Carnage2K4