Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

1 minute ago, SilverWF said:

And the all monsters will wait for you, sure, it can't be another!

Also, you are really didn't know how the multishot works with Simulors - it does not provides additional orb.

surely you're not idle while shooting your enemies now are ya? even so without mutlishot, people build fire rate on Simulor so that answers the other issue of making vortexes.

2 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Bruh Naramooooon~~~ Take a maiming strike and slide the waves

Mate, killing monsters was a really bad way at that event. Good groups are controlled them with less kills as it only possible. Also, there is no way on getting Maiming Strike now and I have no any will on spending 300+ pl to buy it from another players: this is too much just to make another random teammates happy and it can be nerfed on the 1 month... or week - who knows?

Edited by SilverWF
4 minutes ago, (PS4)THEFREAK420 said:

I wouldnt be on here listing your favorites, because other people might use it, then too many people will use it, and they cant handle that. Then it gets nerfed. 

You are right. So I wouldn't say that I'm using not Simulor mostly at my Mirage :)

Absolutely a huge mistake. Why?

Let's look at the Synoid Simulor: it's a devastating weapon under a very small setting:

• It must be modded correctly.
  • It must be used correctly.
  • Only Mirage will allow for DPS that exceeds all other weapons.

I have been able to out-damage non-Mirage + simulor combos using other weapons all of the time. And these weapons that I use aren't even on the list.

Nerfing does nothing but invite salt and unhappiness in players who use the affected gear. It's so obvious that nerfing one thing only invites a new "meta." And then will we have to nerf the new "meta?" Where does it end?

Draco interception was eliminated, but now we have Bere. So whenever DE considers nerfing anything, ask youself: "Are we doing this just because it's a popular option? Or are we doing it because it's a broken game mechanic?"

When I'm able to do more damage than a non-Mirage + simulor with a weapon that's not on this nerf list, the answer to the 2nd question is a "no." Players will always find new ways to achieve similar DPS. It's just that these methods are less known or unknown at this time. 

16 minutes ago, SilverWF said:

Mate, killing monsters was a really bad way at that event. Good groups are controlled them with less kills as it only possible. Also, there is no way on getting Maiming Strike now and I have no any will on spending 300+ pl to buy it from another players: this is too much just to make another random teammates happy and it can be nerfed on the 1 month... or week - who knows?

Is it bad I gave some away before telos boltace was a thing? That bad man, ms is used to make stuff nerf worthy

Edited by Nezha_Rose
34 minutes ago, Koyaanisqatsi said:

I keep trying to understand nerfs on an PVE game.

I like how you said "nerfs" and failed to mention the 10+ buffs, which kinda alerted everyone to your reasoning... I suppose given that you're a Tonkor main that's to be expected.

Warframe is a game with more than one player. And because it's not competitive, the goal is for players to all HAVE FUN, which technically makes balance even *more* crucial than in a PvP game; in the latter, "fun" isn't as much an objective, so the player workaround of tier lists and limited selection can work. (see: League of Legends, etc.)

It's not something many players ever think about at all, but for a game developer, it's important to find a good balance in power, because part of the "fun" is players feeling awesome because they can see their skill is netting rewards. "Bad balance" means that this result is being prevented by one of many things, which all apply to PvE. And one of them is "some player goes through with a zero-skill weapon and insta-wipes all enemies." So you can be running with a weapon with great damage, and be really skilled at using it, but it doesn't matter because there's one weapon that trivializes the game's content.

So, it leaves the other players with only two choices: they can either take that zero-skill AoE spam, or they can stick with their skillful weapon. Neither is fun: the former means that none of their skill has an impact anyway because they will ALWAYS do amazing even if they suck, and the latter also means their skill doesn't make an impact either, because all the enemies are killed quickly already. Just always going solo isn't an option either, as most of the game's content is designed around assuming squad play. (such as players being punished for opening relics in solo missions)

Good game balance means that any player has some choice in what they take, and can trust that their success will hinge in their own skill.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Weapon Balance Pass.

As we near the staggering number of 300 weapons (including variants), the task of balancing grows increasingly daunting. At its core, Warframe is a co-operative game; having powerful tools is a boon to a team rather than a disadvantage. However, there are a few weapons that have such a dominating effect in missions that co-operative missions essentially become solo. Aside from the handful of dominating weapons, there are even more that have been overlooked.

We have taken a look at our Arsenal and adjusted many weapons - mostly Primaries at this time. Everything below is subject to change. This is our current plan and gives you a general idea of what is coming in the next big Update!

We have buffed 10 underpowered weapons which have unique mechanics that have been overlooked due to their poor stats.

Miter

The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results. The next Update will bring the following:

• Increased chance of dismemberment on kills.
  • Increased speed of Projectiles.
  • Charge time has been halved.
  • Critical Chance of 5% for a quick shot.
  • Critical Chance of 10% for a charged shot.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 6.

Harpak

The Harpak's stats aren't the worst in the scheme of Primaries, but it has received some love since it is often overlooked.

• Recoil has been reduced on the Primary Fire.
  • The Alt-Fire Charge time has been removed - it is now an instant harpoon.
  • The Critical Chance has been increased to 20%.
  • Increased the range of the Alt-Fire from 15 meters to 40 meters.
  • Increased the flight speed of the Alt-Fire and updated the FX.

Hind

The Hind has more nicknames than most Primaries (Baguette, etc), but not as much use.

• We've added a single-shot Semi-Auto Alt Fire to the Hind that has increased Damage, Critical, and Status Chance.

Panthera

Like the Miter, the Panthera is a killer idea with lackluster execution. We've made the following changes:

• Primary Fire has been switched to Automatic, and the fire rate has been increased.
  • The Status Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 20%
  • Critical Hit Chance of Primary Fire is now 10%
  • The Critical Multiplier is now 2x.
  • Ammo Requirement is reduced to 2.
  • Secondary Fire Status chance is now 35%
  • Critical hit Chance of Secondary is now 25%
  • Mastery Rank is now 7.

Paracyst

The Paracyst is one of the more spine-tingling weapons in the Arsenal that really runs with the Infested theme.

• The damage of the Primary Fire has been increased by 5.
  • Updated the FX of the projectiles of the Primary Fire.
  • Increased the range of the Alt-Fire tether to 50 m.
  • The Status Chance of the Primary and Secondary Fire has been increased to 30%
  • The Critical Chance of Primary Fire has been increased to 10%
  • Mastery Rank is now 5.

Mutalist Quanta

One of the more abstract Weapons that uses the Alt-Fire mechanic, the Mutalist Quanta has confused people since launch.

• The Mutalist Quanta is getting more of a mechanic change rather than just stats.
  • It will have its Alt-Fire stack similar to the Simulor to make a large Infested Orb that you can shoot through for additional advantages.

Buzlok

The Buzlok and its homing mechanism has been used for many creative moments - but ultimately this weapon has been overlooked.

• The Ammo Requirement for the Secondary Homing has been reduced to 2.
  • Physical Damage distribution has been adjusted to 50% Impact, 40% Puncture, and 10% Slash.
  • Damage has been increased to 60 from 45.
  • Critical Chance increased to 15%
  • Critical Damage increased to 2.5x
  • The flight speed of the Homing Beacon has been increased.
  • The Homing Beacon will now only stick to NPC & Characters.
  • Critical Chance increased by 50% on targets with Homing Beacon attached to them.
  • Clip size reduced to 50.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 9.

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

• Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
  • The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
  • Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
  • Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.

Ogris

The Ogris has gone through a visual Upgrade, and now it's time for a stat upgrade. To many, this was their first entry into Launcher weapons - are you willing to give it another look?

• The Flight Speed of the projectile has been increased.
  • The Status Chance has been increased to 35%.
  • The charge time to fire the Ogris has been reduced.
  • The direct Impact damage of the projectile has been decreased to 100.
  • AoE damage has increased to 600.
  • AoE range has increased to 6 meters.
  • Mastery Rank requirement has increased to 8.

Attica

The Attica was the debut entry into Automatic Primary Crossbows! We've revisited it to perhaps bring it back into the spotlight of your Arsenal.

• The Weapon Recoil has been reduced.
  • The Fire Rate has been increased.
  • The Flight Speed of the bolts has increased.
  • The Critical Chance has increased to 25%.
  • The Critical Multiplier has increased to 2x.
  • The Ammo Capacity has increased to 20.

We have nerfed 3 weapons (plus 1 variant) that we feel disrupts the co-op setting and pace of gameplay for most groups:

Tonkor

The Tonkor's rocket jumping mechanic has long been obsolete since the introduction of bullet jumping. This weapon is a launcher by nature, and we've made adjustments to that end.

• The Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.
  • The Tonkor Grenade trajectory line now appears on holding the fire button (Default Left Mouse), and grenade fires on release.
  • The Maximum lifespan of grenade has dropped from 5 to 3 seconds - grenades are quicker to explode
  • Genades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.
  • The Critical Chance has been reduced to 25%.

Simulor:

The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
  • A Critical Chance of 2% has been added. This was an erroneous addition that had no effect since the unique nature of this weapon made it unclear which Stat field was being assigned to the orb output after the changes. The existing Critical Stats have not changed, and this added stat can be disregarded.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 200 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-40
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Synoid Simulor:

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.See Above.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Telos Boltace:

The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.

• This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
  • The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
  • The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
  • This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

Regarding any Rivens you may have or are looking to pick up for any of the listed weapons: you can expect small changes to stats. Stay tuned for more information in the Update notes!

Thank you Tenno - see you soon.

Question, to get the forma and the 3 day booster do you have to already put in a forma to the weapon or just have them? because i am collecting all of my weapons now and i will forma my weapon prematurely if it means that i can get another forma for free. It just means that i will have more weapons that have forma on them and therefore more weapons that are strong enough to use.

12 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:
  • It must be modded correctly.

Oh, a Synoid Simulor main!

And the above line is kinda meaningless; NO weapon is ever any good unless it's "modded correctly." To emphasis that is basically to imply there's any skill involved in figuring out how to build a weapon, given there's not much choice in the "right" way to build almost any weapon... Or implying there's skill involved in looking up a guide that tells you basically the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, Havok171 said:

Question, to get the forma and the 3 day booster do you have to already put in a forma to the weapon or just have them? because i am collecting all of my weapons now and i will forma my weapon prematurely if it means that i can get another forma for free. It just means that i will have more weapons that have forma on them and therefore more weapons that are strong enough to use.

DE's "consolation" script can't really tell the status of a weapon, so in that case it'll count whether you have the weapon in question at all; it doesn't need be forma'd, or even potato'd.

Giving out a free forma has been relatively standard from DE whenever the once-in-a-blue-moon event comes when they actually nerf something.

1 hour ago, (PS4)THEFREAK420 said:

Quite sad would be your spelling. Braging? Try bragging. Haft? You mean half? Quiting? You mean quitting?   And i wasn't bragging . I was stating a fact. Is a $1000 over 5 years really alot? Maybe to you. Not to me.  I wanna see you use a sniper rifle or ANY of the weapons getting a buff, against level 200+ Enemies in a survival.  Good luck. Name 1 weapon better against HIGH level enemies. And warframe isnt a FPS , its 3rd.  Your post shows you know nothing, you dont even know what genre your're playing. I couldnt care less about armor colors, dont know where youre getting that. But if it's such a small part of the game, why are they getting nerfed? Ruin the fun of many to silence the pathetic cries of the few? The same people begging for these weapons to get nerfed, probably the same ones who bring Nidus, Rhino & hydroid on spy missions, tripping every alarm, will be on here soon begging to nerf sorties & trials because theres gonna be no one left to carry them. If you're gonna come at me, at least do it with a 1st grade spelling level. 

just lol, personal attack wont help you btw then make you look too childish for a real chat on this topic so GG

5 minutes ago, ACGIFT said:

DE's "consolation" script can't really tell the status of a weapon, so in that case it'll count whether you have the weapon in question at all; it doesn't need be forma'd, or even potato'd.

Giving out a free forma has been relatively standard from DE whenever the once-in-a-blue-moon event comes when they actually nerf something.

So this is only for the nerfed weapons or is it for all of the weapons that are on the Buff/Nerf list?

Just now, Havok171 said:

So this is only for the nerfed weapons or is it for all of the weapons that are on the Buff/Nerf list?

Only the four nerfed weapons: Simulor, Synoid Simulor, Tonkor, and Telos Boltace. You'll receive a forma for each of those weapons you possess. (I do not believe you'll gain multiple if you own multiple copies of one of those weapons) The 3-day booster will be flat; you'll gain just one if you own *any* of those four, no matter how many of them you have, be it 1 or 100 copies of all four.

1 minute ago, XSeriousSamX said:

Why nerf telos boltace...

If you don't know why, then you've not experienced much in the game. It basically trivialized all the game's content, as you could spam spin attacks several times per second, for hits of >1,000,000 damage per, with absolutely no cost/risk involved. It both made the game boring for its users (absolutely no skill needed = no fun after the first hour) and for everyone else it frustrated them by leaving them in the dust no matter how skilled they were.

21 minutes ago, Urska said:

just lol, personal attack wont help you btw then make you look too childish for a real chat on this topic so GG

You're the one who attacked me, saying i was Raging? Where? Bragging? Where? And what about your FPS comment? 1st person shooter? Really? Its a THIRD person shooter. Go back to school.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)THEFREAK420 said:

You're the one who attacked me, saying i was Raging? Where? Bragging? Where? And what about your FPS comment? 1st person shooter? Really? Its a THIRD person shooter. Go back to school.

yoyo, yall need to chill. its the forums. Be nice, not toxic.

25 minutes ago, plastictrash said:

The worse thing about this horde of ungrateful whiners is that they still don't know that when other do the kills they lvl up faster and earn more experience on their weapons/frames/companions instead if they kill those enemies by themselves.

So in fact those "OP" builds help newcomers and new players to get their mastery faster to make some "OP" builds as well and keep the cycle going on.

Don't belive me? go with some friends to Hidron, make all the kills for 5 waves, repeat it and let others do all the killings instead then COMPARE. You will see a HUGE difference from lvling your stuff that way. So it's positive for lvling if you have an "OP" companion on your squad instead of just watching who do more dmg / get more kills and whine cause you never are on those top tables, be grateful cause they are making the game easier for you! CO OP game after all!

So far i haven't see anyone rejecting to SHARE a build for an "OP" frame/weapon... that's what makes this community great but when this is going full of kids that are whining cause they don't do enough dmg... Oh w8! it's happening!

DE is doing harakiri with the NERFS (perfect term that apply to self destroying their game).

Edited by Dailus
11 minutes ago, ACGIFT said:

Oh, a Synoid Simulor main!

And the above line is kinda meaningless; NO weapon is ever any good unless it's "modded correctly." To emphasis that is basically to imply there's any skill involved in figuring out how to build a weapon, given there's not much choice in the "right" way to build almost any weapon... Or implying there's skill involved in looking up a guide that tells you basically the exact same thing.

You forgot the important part of his message : "Only Mirage will allow for DPS that exceeds all other weapons. "

A lots of weapons are better than synoid simulor if you don't use mirage. I'm not saying that the simulor was a bad weapon without mirage but it really was not on my top weapon list. This is probably why i'm not seeing so much people playing with simulor : playing the same warframe-weapon combo every day is boring.

After this nerf, simulor is just going to be impossible to use without mirage. And even with mirage, I'm not sure now.

Another post was stating about game balance in order to have fun. Nerfing the simulor was not the solution. Why do you NEED to take the fun from people having no skills ? Ego issue ? The solution was buffing weapons requiring more skills (bow for example ?)

12 minutes ago, Dailus said:

The worse thing about this horde of ungrateful whiners is that they still don't know that when other do the kills they lvl up faster and earn more experience on their weapons/frames/companions instead if they kill those enemies by themselves.

I dunno, they look pretty grateful to me.

Also, nothing you said changes the fact that the weapons/abilities these people often complain about make it difficult, if not impossible, for others to actively participate in the mission. That's the main problem they have.

It's a video game. Some people actually prefer to play it rather than power-level through everything.

3 minutes ago, Onihara said:

How about nerfing gas instead of nerfing my beloved Boltace

I feel you. There are people here who's happy to see the salt, that is, until their favorite weapons get nerfed. When that time comes, I'll be the one with the smile.