Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

26 minutes ago, -Mr.Meeseeks- said:

rip in pieces Tonkor. You will be missed.

I dunno, pretty sure its still going to absolutely destroy most things like it did previously. Just gotta watch out for that self damage. I'm a lil bit sad I wont be able to red crit with my tonkor riven now though :(. 

It was fun. Stupidly OP, but fun.

1 minute ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I'm a little confused on the Synoid Simulor...

So it's already crazy (on a particular frame) but it's not powerful enough?

Other than that the changes are cool, Looking forward to the Panthera, I've been holding onto it for almost a year for just such a buff.

Basically, they are changing it so that instead of being just spam it and have the combing damage do most of the work, you now have to use the detonation mechanic. It is kind of like they want you to use it they way they probably original intended it to work but turned into the detonation just didn't do enough damage or have a good range when you compared it to just combine the orbs as much as possible.

Can we please get a Launcher augment that drops damage of the weapon by 20%.. but removes the self-damage? SOMETHING like this? I'm SO SICK of partymates in public groups constantly griefing me by intentionally standing infront of my launcher shots over.. and over.. and over. This is the primary reason why I only use the Tonkor, and not the Zarr or other launchers. Got sick of partymates try to force me to kill myself.

This game is trivialized by several warframe builds and far more weapons than listed here.

People get different sorts of enjoyment out of the game and I certainly won't knock anyone's opinion for feeling less useful because they refrain from using "optimal" weapons or setups, however it is equally valid for the people that min-max to have fun by creating these kinds of builds.

I would argue that this is at best a trivial change that will serve less to balance the game in a meaningful way than dealing with the core gameplay mechanics. Warframe is for better or worse, a horde shooter, so buffing more weapons is definitely a welcome change, but nerfing weapons only serves to diminish enjoyment.
Examples; Corpus continues to be an overdesigned faction. Gaining affinity and the entirety of the focus system are still a mess. The relic system could still do with some changes.

I'm not crying about these nerfs, but I don't see the benefit.

Just now, Stoner74 said:

Just another example of a broken/op mod leading to weapon nerfs.

The real problem here isn't the melee itself. Its the fact you get a crit 9/10 of the time while sliding with maiming strike. Instead of nerfing all melee weapons they could simply nerf maiming. But noooo... Have to change every single weapon because of one mod.

Well, how do you expect that community will react to nerfing down a 600 plat mod? Instead if they nerf the weapons that use it, it woulnt seem that much obvious, and people will complain less

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Simulor:

The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
  • A Critical Chance of 2% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 200 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-40
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Synoid Simulor:

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

my god those buffs......kind of hope that means less spamming of orbs since those were the main damage dealers...

Edited by Kalvorax

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Gonna say this now before anyone else.

We won't EVER be seeing the Tonkor again really.

Not sure if the Synoid Simulor one as a buff, those increases make it seem so (Can somoene who uses that weapon confirm?)

Glaxion is looking great though.

As for my experience, most of the simulor damage comes from stacking the orbs, so that nerf to stacking will make it worse in that way, and making it more interesting both exploding and leaving the orbs there. We'll have to see :/

The tonkor nerf wow finally but I haven't used a tonkor or seen one in a hell of a long time. BTW

38 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Genades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.

What are genades; lol love you guys.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

I like the changes, but I think this is the real nerf. I will understand a Forma bundle (3 Forma), but a SINGLE forma for these 6+ forma weapons are hard to swallow.

Addition: Also, what if I have 2 tonkors? Will I receive 2 forma or just 1? Ditto with the affinity booster. I want some clarifications because wording and interpretation are finicky. Best to nip the issue at the start before we get hundreds of "unhappy" threads.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName
added second point

5 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Gonna say this now before anyone else.

We won't EVER be seeing the Tonkor again really.

Not sure if the Synoid Simulor one as a buff, those increases make it seem so (Can somoene who uses that weapon confirm?)

Glaxion is looking great though.

Well as far as I see the changes:
Main dmg of simulor comes from "balls" stacking, each stack has a tick of dmg - now dmg from stacks will be greatly reduced, and also their range will be reduced.
Instead the dmg will be relocated to detonating stacked up "balls" - so you will have to shot few balls and wait for them to stack, and them manually detonate them to have +/- the same dmg as would come from previously just a single occurence of balls stacking.

Or I'm reading it wrong. Need to test it when it goes live.

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I dunno, pretty sure its still going to absolutely destroy most things like it did previously. Just gotta watch out for that self damage. I'm a lil bit sad I wont be able to red crit with my tonkor riven now though :(. 

It was fun. Stupidly OP, but fun.

In anything other than big open maps it will be a 100% suicide chance. Just like the explosive hikou, but with 8k blast dmg