Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

Whats the point of this? I don't get it? Why?

40 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Simulor:

The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
  • A Critical Chance of 2% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 200 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-40
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Synoid Simulor:

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Hope thats sarcasm, or do you not understand how the synoid simulor currently works?

i see it as a buff...meaning less of that crap of orbs all over the place...well, at least the constant shootign just for the orb convergence damage

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Weapon Balance Pass.

As we near the staggering number of 300 weapons (including variants), the task of balancing grows increasingly daunting. At its core, Warframe is a co-operative game; having powerful tools is a boon to a team rather than a disadvantage. However, there are a few weapons that have such a dominating effect in missions that co-operative missions essentially become solo. Aside from the handful of dominating weapons, there are even more that have been overlooked.

We have taken a look at our Arsenal and adjusted many weapons - mostly Primaries at this time. Everything below is subject to change. This is our current plan and gives you a general idea of what is coming in the next big Update!

We have buffed 10 underpowered weapons which have unique mechanics that have been overlooked due to their poor stats.

Thank you, Becca for this wonderful insightful whatever it is. Is Steve having a panic attack in his office. Lots of players don't go past Wave 20, now , it's such a disappointment since the void change. So I just don't see the point any more. You see here's the problem we used to enjoy long runs but that void got gutted so there's literally no point in doing long runs.

Now, of course Riven slots are limited so everyone who has sold their Rivens, then gets shafted and if you (your company) had of designed GREAT systems back in 2013/2014 and Steve not taking PoE comparison to heart. Well we wouldn't be we're we are at. At the moment.

5 years on. Local man is still right. Power creep is real, go back about your business.

4Pp92fCl.jpg

Edited by Kinjeto

If we are nerfing Telos Boltace into the ground why are we not nerfing Atterax and Galatine Prime into the ground too? Or maby even Velocitus cause almost oneshoting a Jordas health segment is fine but its not fine to have a weapon that needs a rare Acolyte mod to be great against sortie enemy's and needs to be equipped to do its trick like Secura lecta´s credit boost 

3 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

i see it as a buff...meaning less of that crap of orbs all over the place...well, at least the constant shootign just for the orb convergence damage

With 20 ammo max, and the requirement to stack 3 orbs before any meaningful damage is dealt. It's a nerf, a fairly hefty one at that. Which I'm okay with, the simulor was a plague on WF. But for those hardcore players that stick with it, they deserve their riven disposition buffed.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Kutsus said:

Opticor and Convectrix are in dire need of buffs like these.
I suggest that the Opticor get a reduced charge time and increased crit stats.
Convectrix just needs much more base damage, it barely tickles.

Na, Opticor is fine, the Convectrix tho, it needs more dmg and status. Flux rifle needs a complete change to a new elemental type as well to make it more effective.

As justified as the changes are:

-Only 1 forma per weapon? That doesnt compensate at all... I put a total of 12 formas in these items, and get 3 back...

-No euphona nerf? That thing is way more broken than any of these items combined.

Edited by Aethelwyna

15 minutes ago, crazylazy said:

We have nerfed 3 weapons (plus 1 variant) that we feel disrupts the co-op setting and pace of gameplay for most groups:

simulor/synoid simulor is in the nerf list, but what it state more like a buff rather than nerf 

dude

Got to say, the changes look pretty good. I hope this will bring back some much missed coop-feeling (although there will still be stuff like the Atterax around ;) ). Have to admit, I didn't dare to hope for so many updated weapons after they released Rivens, guess I was wrong there. Looking forward to that update :).

Nothing about opticor ? Damn...

Nice to see you guys are finally looking at some old stuff, too bad you're still using the "critical hit" mechanic to buff most weapons.

If only the game didn't revolve around it...

I'll be looking forward to actually deal damage with panthera and buzzlok :D

I was hoping the Ogris would get a crit chance increase aswell, but I guess I'll have to try it out with status instead.

So exactly what will its new charge rate and flight speed be? It's not mentioned here other than an increase and a reduction.

2 minutes ago, W3zeer said:

Got to say, the changes look pretty good. I hope this will bring back some much missed coop-feeling (although there will still be stuff like the Atterax around ;) ). Have to admit, I didn't dare to hope for so many updated weapons after they released Rivens, guess I was wrong there. Looking forward to that update :).

Yep, game was becoming "run away from your team so you can actually get some kills so the mission would not be 100% boring and a wast of time"

After the Zarr popularity died down Tonkor is still the only launcher that I see people using semi-frequently. Now we're going to have it where no one wants to use launchers....? How is this helping weapon variety? I never take out my Zarr for serious farming, I only screw around with it because of the self damage... I would even choose my Lanka over Zarr.

If anything, what should have been done was to reduce self-damage on all other launchers.