Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, TEK-5 said:

Simulor got buffed ? XD nice one , it was already god tier imo

?

How is a range reduction (during stacking) from 8 to 3 meters and a damage reduction of 250 to 50 (during stacking) a buff?

The AoE explosion got a buff, but most HoM-Simulor-Mirage pugs I play with don't bother detonating their orbs.

58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Synoid Simulor:

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.

i don't understand.. where the is nerf? less damage yes, but more status and more critical with less ammo... (3 instead of 5)

Edited by Kyryo

Just now, Latiac said:

This, Res quake is the thing that needs the nerf as it is, most Banshee's I run into in public games use Resonating quake and nothing else. it saddens me.

I use res quake, but on a half baked banshee build so i can use it if im in a  "OW F***" situation and also use the rest of my abillities. Maby instead of a 100 increase they could have it to be 50 but also buff the energy drain so its 1 every 2 seconds instead of 1

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

You say that, but ill still use my launcher weapons. Besides, just use sticky grenades instead of blast radius so you have more control if you cant pay attention to were your own projectiles are going.

Doesn't matter how much attention I pay to where my projectiles are going if partymates keep intentionally stepping into my firing line so I kill myself. Any time I bring out my Zarr in a mission there is one joker in the group that rushes to get infront of me while I'm firing.

HILARIOUS. OH GOD THAT ADDS SO MUCH FUN TO THE GAMEPLAY. (Not.)

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

?

How is a range reduction (during stacking) from 8 to 3 meters and a damage reduction of 250 to 50 (during stacking) a buff?

The AoE explosion got a buff, but most HoM-Simulor-Mirage pugs I play with don't bother detonating their orbs.

People don't understand that the weapon got gutted. It's a launcher only useful in stationary target defense now. Not that I'm opposed to the nerfs, but i think they need to buff the disposition of both the tonkor and simulor now in response to the nerfs.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Vaygrim said:

Doesn't matter how much attention I pay to where my projectiles are going if partymates keep intentionally stepping into my firing line so I kill myself. Any time I bring out my Zarr in a mission there is one joker in the group that rushes to get infront of me while I'm firing.

HILARIOUS. OH GOD THAT ADDS SO MUCH FUN TO THE GAMEPLAY. (Not.)

never had that problem is my 1.5k hours in warframe. You must just be cursed.

3 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

Both of the ignis weapons dmg falls off quickly so they are mostly fine. Equinox from my experiences does not murder everything without a well built team to accompany her "cough co-op cough" saryn could use a nerf to her spores and buffs in other places to balance her out more and make her less "STDS FOR EVERYONE" Only res quake needs a nerf, not banshee herself. And F*** ember.

So you basically want to change the entire meta to your liking, but all of the users who like any of this options (And if you like one or two probably you will also like the others) gets #*($%%@ up. You cant change all the metagame randomly when the playerbase already accostumed to it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

?

They swapped the detonation and the merge size and damage. Now the detonation is as good as merge was.

It's not strictly a buff, but honestly I'd consider it better. It's a bit more engaging, but also faster to kill things at best, removing the requirement to merge.

2 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

i don't understand.. where the is nerf? less damage yes, but more status and more critical with less ammo... (3 instead of 5)

Look at the range, though arguably it's not a nerf, the merging is now as bad as detonate WAS. But now detonate is as good as merge was.

2 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

The simulor's main strength was the stacking.

8 meter range, 250 damage per trigger pull.

Now the range has been reduced to 3 meters and 50 per trigger pull.

Just now, ajuanjojjj said:

So you basically want to change the entire meta to your liking, but all of the users who like any of this options (And if you like one or two probably you will also like the others) gets #*($%%@ up. You cant change all the metagame randomly when the playerbase already accostumed to it.

No, your not understanding the problem. Any game with a meta is a problem. And in warframes case it ruins the fun for anyone who actually does not use it. Ok, im gonna grab my sniper today.

S#&$

an ember.

1 minute ago, NearoC said:

Look at the range, though arguably it's not a nerf, the merging is now as bad as detonate WAS. But now detonate is as good as merge was

A mirage can still make them explode/merge in a single shot... so i see no difference... 

Maybe i just need to try it to understand.. thx

16 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

People are cheering because the nerfed weapons were blatantly overpowered. The game isn't ruined for anyone, people are just mad their overpowered toys won't be so powerful they'll be able to soak up everyone elses fun too. I'm eager to be able to play Warframe again, instead of playing "Run away from the guy with a telos boltace, so you can actually find enemies that are alive so you can kill them"

Oh, really?

I dare you to tell my Atterax and Galatine Prime not being an OP weapons. There's also War which I don't own yet. And Lesion. And a bunch of other weapons. Oh, and a Stealth-Gas bug. What else?

Telos Boltace is a strong and convenient weapon, albeit suited only for "spin2win" macro usage and even in that scenario it still has limitations.

How about buffing stuff instead of nerfing left and right?

Seriously, the more I go in-depth in Warframe, the more "Does DE hate its players?" question pops up.

I mean, fix all beam weapons' status.

Then fix enemy armor and damage scaling.

Then set your scaling level - all weapons have to be viable in most situations on level X (say, level 150, but I'm sure people who run hours long games will criticize me) and then tune all your weapons and warframes to be perfectly usable (with some effort and not like "you need to have a party of X, Y, Z with auras A and B, using C and D then shoot that specific Butcher in the knee...) up to that particular level.

Please, we need to have discussions with devs and reliable ways to provide feedback since you're not playing your own game enough to see what you're doing.

Set up an open vote or something:

What weapon would you like to give feedback on?

Warning: keep in mind that this weapon was meant for beginner players to get a feel of the game and was balanced around levels 15-20.

For what level enemies are you building?

How do you build it? (include build variants around Riven mods)

What do you expect?

What do you find lacking?

This will make it that much easier to balance!

Just now, Kyryo said:

A mirage can still make them explode/merge in a single shot... so i see no difference... 

Maybe i just need to try it to understand.. thx

Like I said, it's not really a nerf, I'd call it a buff, but now people do *have* to detonate them if they want it to do nearly anything, since they nerfed merge damage as well as range, detonating it is the only effective thing now, but arguably detonating is faster than merging ever was. So again, arguably buff, but slightly more interactivity required.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-3 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from from 150-250 to 20-40

Part of me is thinking that I'm going to get blind for at least the first days since some will mod for fire rate to make up for the damage nerf.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 to 250 when detonated.

Now the other part of me wants to believe it'll make them think otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

People don't understand that the weapon got gutted. It's also got a max ammo of 20 now. It's a launcher only useful in stationary target defense now. Not that I'm opposed to the nerfs, but i think they need to buff the disposition of both the tonkor and simulor now in response to the nerfs.

Its the Attica who got a max ammo of 20 now,.. not the simulor family 

17 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

Please consider Opticor.

I want to love the Opticore but the forced firing mechanic just totally kills that weapon for me. It seems like it never fails you finally line up the perfect shot, the thing fully charges and the AI you are targeting picks that exact moment to bend down to admire a flower or something. 

17 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Gonna say this now before anyone else.

We won't EVER be seeing the Tonkor again really.

Not sure if the Synoid Simulor one ss a buff, those increases make it seem so (Can somoene who uses that weapon confirm?)

Glaxion is looking great though.

It's a nerf in that it will force people to change how they use the Simulor(s) since they are reducing the damage from the Orbs themselves when they combine. People will have to start using the alt fire to detonate them to do the bulk of the damage. 

That said I absolutely hate using alt fire on anything since it just feels awkward as hell to click the scroll wheel on my mouse.  I might have to change it to one of my two side buttons but I already have the "convenient" button set to Operator mode :/