Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Gambling/Betting Frame Concept

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

So i'll be honest a lot of this was spur of the moment stuff that popped into my head while at work. It'll be incomplete and probably messy but i want it on here before i forget and to get general opinions on the ideas here so far. Feedback is appreciated as i usually put stuff down and work it out later lol. I'll likely try to work out the rest as i go.

Name - To be determined.

Type- Support?

Armor 65

Health 200 (100% growth)

Shields 150 (150% growth)

Power 120 (150% growth)

Sprint Speed 1.15

Gains 20% Evasion via rank ups 

Gains 5% Crit Chance passively via rank ups

Passive: All in- if out of energy Health will be used instead.

1st Skill:  Buy in.

Cost (20-100 Energy uneffected by efficiency)

Duration (20 seconds uneffected by duration) 

this is a bit of an odd skill but the idea is you activate the skill and the game will display a challenge like "Kill 10 enemies, get 3 headshots, get 500 credits, 2 sliding attacks/ wall latch kills" This challenge can vary a lot and others can be thought up easily. You have 20 seconds to complete said challenge and if you do you refund the energy cost and get rewarded with a permanent buff like +10% damage or +10% Armor or +5% Crit chance/damage +1 hp regen and extra Power Strength etc. Small buffs that stack. If you lose you simply lose the energy cost.

Now the initial cost for the skill will be 20 but will increase by 5 for every bet you win capping at 100. The buffs should probably cap as well around 50% damage, armor, health, shields, 25% Crit Chance/ Damage and Status Chance and 3 hp regen . If you lose a bet after getting these buffs they will all drop so you need to make a judgement call on whether to keep them or keep on your "Hot Streak" 

1 Last Idea regarding this skill is the idea other players can bet on you or against you. They won't see the challenge but will get a small prompt if they want to bet. It wont cost anything and abstaining would count as betting against. If the player guesses right they'll get a random buff (30% damage or Armor etc) for 40 seconds afterwards. Trying to not make it tooo intrusive and add a little incentive.

Augment Idea: Buy Out- Pay double The Energy to Auto Win Challenges but Rewards will be 50% as effective.

2nd Skill: Pay Up

Cost: 70

Grants a 5/10/15/20% boost to gun damage and 20/30/40/50% boost to headshot damage for 15/25/35/45 seconds to allies in a 10/15/20/25m range. Enemies Killed via headshots have a 20/30/40/50% chance to drop a health orb and 10/15/20/25% chance to drop an energy orb. All parts are effected by power modifications

Augment Idea: Jackpot -  Headshots cause ricochet to 1/2/3/4 enemies within 10/15/20/25M at 40/50/60/70% Damage and will instead drop extra credits and Resources on kill (Credits use health orb Percentages and Resources use energy orb percentages)

3rd Skill: Still need to work it out x.x

4th Skill:

Cost: 70

Let it Ride! - Upon Activation of this skill all allies within 20/30/40/50m will gain all current "Hot Streak" buffs for 60/80/100/120 seconds. Completed bets add 5/10/15/20 seconds to the time left. Effected by range and duration mods 

Once you activate this all your buffs have a timer and will run out but your allies are greatly empowered and if you can keep adding time to the clock you'll just have a very powerful team. In theory anyway.

I think this is a start anyway.

Third ability: Bank breaker

costs 75 energy

lasts 10/12/14/16 seconds (can be increased by duration mods)

credit multiplier 2/2.5/3/3.5x (cannot be increase by power strength)

aura range 5/8/11/14 (can be increase by power range)

casting this ability will cause you to gain a aura that increase the credit drop of nearby enemies, however every time a enemies is killled in the aura, it has a chance of causing you to have to complete a challenge (maybe a 1/10 chance of it appearing) just like the first ability it would work the same way, however if the challenge is completed the aura timer is increase by 5 seconds and the credit boost is increased by 0.5 per challenge completed.

the challenge stops you from picking up credits till the quest is complete or failed. If you are to fail the challenge, all credits pick up during the time window of the ability being active is forfeited and your credit increased is reset to its default value.

once the aura runs out the multiplier is reset to its base value and you can recast the ability.

Edited by Tothetix
Spelling corrections