The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Detailed Sniper Rework

viperfang4

14 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Or you could just shoot that nullie before it becomes alerted.  :D   Not saying that you're wrong.  Just giving the method I've been using since the change to their bubbles and alert status.  I will admit that has mostly only been an option during solo mode.  :D

I have to admit I was thinking about survival mode and such where they are always alerted :D

2 hours ago, kusaku said:

I have to admit I was thinking about survival mode and such where they are always alerted :D

You might be surprised to know that the Nullies will sometimes deactivate their bubbles during Survivals.  It's rare and heavily depends on how much time you give them to calm down without killing something near them.  It also pretty much requires that you be stealthed the whole time.   I had thought that was pretty cool when I noticed it the first time. 

You get to find out some pretty cool stuff when soloing that can be very easily missed when in a group.  For example, I found out that Capture Targets can be stealth killed.  Also that sniper rifles become much more viable because you have so many chances to snipe stuff. :D 

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

You might be surprised to know that the Nullies will sometimes deactivate their bubbles during Survivals.  It's rare and heavily depends on how much time you give them to calm down without killing something near them.  It also pretty much requires that you be stealthed the whole time.   I had thought that was pretty cool when I noticed it the first time. 

You get to find out some pretty cool stuff when soloing that can be very easily missed when in a group.  For example, I found out that Capture Targets can be stealth killed.  Also that sniper rifles become much more viable because you have so many chances to snipe stuff. :D 

That is interesting to know I shall keep that in mind when doing solo runs in the future :D Thankyou ^^

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 0:21 AM, viperfang4 said:

~ Hot ~

OP... amazing thoughts!

Supporting this.

- Punch through x amount targets. Some Snipers may able to hit targets behind walls (already exist in RL).

Add a Coil/Gauss version of a Sniper or a Coil/Gauss Mod, to add +% punch through dmg/ +% crit dmg or lets call it SniperImpact dmg/ fly speed on cost of a slight reduced shotrate, the more a player increases mod lvl.

- A sort of half auto Scope scaling to target(s) in scope if target(s) entering at a given close range incoming to keep the target in your eye(s).

Also once you have your scope adjust to a scope range, reloading and pressing scope should save the last scope range adjustment.

- The Combo counter as you suggested,...wonderfule reworked. 

Possible add to it, a kind of slow scaling armor ignoring.

1st "weakpoint" hit on body to a target got +5% Armor ignore, 

2nd +10%., 3rd +20%, 4th +40%, 5th +80%, 6th triggers for the rest bullets left in mag 110% Armor ignore.

Which would result in; Low mag snipers should be low tier snipers.

Which in return would mean low mag low tier snipers, can not go that high in armor ignore bonus or have just 1-3 bullets to use the max combo bonus compared to high tier snipers.

But low tier snipers would have way faster reload speed.

The +10% from extra ignore is a Bonus dmg to your sniper on top of the maximal armor ignor, for the duration of time (bullets/shots left in mag).

- *Sniper Headshots:* A HS should have a 5% - 25% chance to insta kill if HS trigger (maybe bound to the armor ignore bonus from the combo addon point above. This is a missing great bonus for snipers.

----

And i absolut agree to the point, the map design of mass mobs spawning is like the most bad aspect for sniper typ weapons.

Do you know from Counter Strike (CS: ), the Sniper "Scout" ?

Scout does little DMG on body. Very fast reloading. Rescoping very fast. Can 1 shot if HS. 

Snips like that we need. Snipers should reload much faster as they do now. Bc the mobs won't stop for you ending reloading. They keep on rushing you and not 1 by 1... 5 - (inser nr).

We need other Map typs, wide areas, Sniper or Aim maps/missions. Deff/hold Linie/ Forest Maps.

We need silent snips too with a kind of silencer build on it or should be able to EQ.

Tons of ideas...

but your suggestions OP are awesome!

+5

Edited by P0Pz

I wish to add something that have been omitted here that an efficient fight with sniper rifles should be supported by using a secondary firearm in close quarters where melee yet can't be used. So when planing rework for sniper rifles we have to primarily insist on significantly shortening switching time between primary and secondary weapons.

33 minutes ago, blueThunder24 said:

I wish to add something that have been omitted here that an efficient fight with sniper rifles should be supported by using a secondary firearm in close quarters where melee yet can't be used. So when planing rework for sniper rifles we have to primarily insist on significantly shortening switching time between primary and secondary weapons.

You make a very interesting point.  I find it interesting that most on the forums act as if there is no such thing as a secondary weapon.  I myself always try to have a secondary weapon that compliments the primary.  Faster weapon switching would be a very nice addition.  Well, one that didn't take up a mod slot. 

@viperfang4

Additional suggestion point:

Add passives to Snipers that triggers on HS:

- Cluster Bullet/shot: On HS, will drop/split and shot clusters, spread in a lil AOE (8m) on last Target HS high. Every target within the AoE and same HS range will get also a HS. 15% chance.

- Auto Link HS bullet, this passive only works if Punch trough is EQed on sniper or within the Sniper. On HS will continue to (auto aim or like ash skill pre target picking) HS up to 7 targets. As long each target is within 8m range to the last link-target. 10% chance. Hmm thinking about that more and came up with this: if 1 target is in scope it will only hit this 1 without triggering the passive. If a sniper need to scale down the scope to see close targets and several targets are within scope, the target he is aiming to will be shown red. All targets that share the same "hit box" or same "Head high" will also be highlited in light red, up to 7. Those in light red are affected if the sniper player successful hits the main target (red) on head, his headshot bullet will auto fly through all heads light red highlighted too. HS reward.

----

Inspired by @blueThunder24 and @DatDarkOne suggestion...

- Instead melee, give sniper players a way to throw nades. Snipers act behind the linie. Therefore need another method. Give players a option to choose melee or switch to a 3rd ranged option like "qick firearms (lil pistol typs or Submachine Guns.) or nades". That do eighter like no dmg but stun look target(s) or do in a lil AoE heavy Dmg...something like this. Those "Quick Firearms/Nades have no ammo. Can be used direct without switching weapons. Do not need "ammo" as normal "guns". They charge/reload back when holstered/unused. Simple said push E, Quick firearm weapon/nade shots direct fast his current charged amount of shots or throws the nade at a location the player is aiming to (while nade in air, MBr will detonate the nade in air/current high, HS with nade possible) and then if quick Firearm weapon, holster it back to reload. Maybe only reuseable if at least x amount shots recharged or for nades if another nade is rebuilded by nanobots (charging time)... 

Hmm....

Nades like in WW2 the dangerouse german jump mine aka "Bouncing Betty". Which jumps up from ground and release at upper body/ head range, swarm of bullets/clusters in a small radius deadly (high rate to hit head). The most feared landmine in ww2. The french called it "The silient Soldier", American "Bouncing Betty". Its high effectivity on open field resulted into us, france, russia to try copy the mine. Some (russia and finnish) tryed to create other designs but went back to the orginal german design. Lethal within 20m. Inflicting dmg within 100m. US warned to keep 140m distance. (A lil history to this mine) ... 3 step mine to outtake victims. Detonation in air, after jumping up 1sec. Weight was like 4,1 kg. 3,7s - 4,5s mine jump released after triggering the sensor.

9fxGYot.png

Edited by P0Pz

On 3/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, viperfang4 said:

An extra scope slot would be interesting, but then you couldn't get all the mods to fit as they don't have an aura or stance slot to add capacity. The issue with revealing weakpoints I pointed out above that it would need to be innate so new players can learn early, because if they can't get the mod until they already know the weakpoints it partially goes to waste. It would still be a nice aiming tool. Punch-through does couple with the x-ray sight well. The scope also is one of the biggest issues with snipers right now.

hmm ya. forgot about that. well we could always make it free >.<  but ya on the 'critical highlight' i know it would be a noob tool but tahts also why i said add damage to critical hits ith it as well. so its more used for the hits than the detection.
but ya. reduced scope would help and be a nice mod to have. suprised it dosnt exist considering glaives have -bounce

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, viperfang4 said:

Gonna try to revive this as I neglected it during finals for school, I still want this to go far enough to get noticed by DE.

I'll join you in bumping this thread.

Those are very good ideas. That Finisher Damage idea sounds great in particular. Skilled players should be able to inflict massive damage if they have good aim.

You don't have good aim? Bring an Ignis and don't start whining if you fall behind on "Damage Dealt" at the end of the mission!

On 3/23/2017 at 6:21 AM, viperfang4 said:

Finisher Damage to Weakpoints:

The last feature that should be added to snipers is something similar to what daggers do in the game and would help the scaling of sniper tremendously. Snipers should do Finisher damage on head shots and weak point shots (ex. Bersa Hack Panel). They should punch through any armor and shields and be able to go straight for the health in these critical points like snipers are designed to do and really reward the play for aiming. This could also be something like Covert Lethality on head shots through a mod, but would be better implemented as finisher damage as a all snipers passive.

I would like to add on to this. As @redeyedtreefrog said, the base damage of snipers are already outclassed by some weapons. But simply adding Critical chance doesn't exactly fit the precision style of snipers. Therefore, I'm suggesting higher weak point multipliers for snipers. We have at the moment 2x for headshot across all weapons. So, for Snipers, we may got 6x multiplier for headshots. This will further encourage precision aiming.

(I'm just pulling the multiplier number without much thought, but the basic idea is there.)