Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Vaults changing Keys on each rotation

SoulOfTheHunter

If vaults changed keys each rotation (in Derelict Survival) a squad that is *not* full could still guarantee that the vault will have a matching key if they play long enough. The idea behind this is to make vaults not solely an exterminate/capture mission objective.

Example:
2 players in the squad with decaying and bleeding, spawn into mission, vault is locked with Hobbled key. After first rotation the Vault randomly changes to Extinguished, after the next rotation the Vault changes to Decaying. Squad can now open vault.

Above I said vault key "randomly changes", it would randomly change to 1 of the remaining 3 keys (all except Hobbled). Put another way, all 4 keys will appear in 4 successive rotations, with no repeats, and in a random order (so players can't game the system by knowing what the first key will be).

A solo player would have to stay at most 20mins for their single key to appear, which is still better then the current system. 100% chance to match their equipped key in 20 mins vs. the current 25% chance per run. That said, this suggestion does not exclude the current system so players can still speed run capture/exterminate to their lhearts content.

To be clear, I am not suggestion that vaults re-seal at each rotation. However, re-sealing vaults at each rotation would be a great addition. Now that we have Relic choice at each rotation, it might be a good thing to carry over to ODS missions ie Dragon key choice at each rotation. Arguably this allows players to aquire multiple Vault mods per single Derelict key, however I suspect most people agree Derelict keys are disincentive to goto the Derelict, despite being a trivial cost.