Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a good frost build?

(PSN)ElectricWolfgod

Question

11 answers to this question

I'd take away Thief's Wit and Physique for one. And depending on which one of Frost's strong points you'd mod it a bit like this.

Full CC Snowglobe: Involves Range, Duration. Strength and Armor. Also includes the Augment that has a chance to freeze enemies. This is a great all around build and all of Frost's powers will benefit from modding for the above statistics.

For Physique and Thief's wit. I'd replace Physique with Rejuvenation (because it's a better aura), and I'd replace Thief's with Animal Instinct. But you have to bring either a Kavat, Kubrow or a Sentinel to use it. It's better than wasting a slot on your Frost for just loot radar, when you get 30m of Loot radar and 18m of Enemy radar with Animal Instinct.

That's really all I can provide, I'm not a 'huge' Frost user, by any means.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

first image is the build i use, 2nd image is the effects it has on the abilities. with that build you can do almost anything rly. you globe is good enough for most things, and your avalanche is also good enough; what it doesnt kill, it will cause 100% armor reduc, albeit with very low duration of the reduc. thing about that build is that the avalanche is spammable af. so its pretty decent.

The common build would include

1. Fleeting + Streamline to reach +70% to +75% efficiency for spammable snowglobes (remember, globes you cast from within a previous globe you casted replaces the old globe and adds the old globe's health on top of its own while still having that 4 second period where damage done to snowglobe is converted to health for the snowglobe)
  2. Duration usually in the form of a Continuity, Constitution, or both to have a decent Freeze duration on Freeze, Avalanche, or on the augments if you choose to use them
  3. Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, or 2 out of those 3. Frost's armor value affects how much health snow globe will have, but again, enemy damage during the first 4 seconds after cast along with recasting snowglobe inside of a globe you previously casted makes this of little concern.
  4. Range Mods. ranges from just Stretch, to even Stretch+Overextended+Cunning Drift. Use what you feel comfortable with but be cautious: nullifier bubbles will kill your snow globe on contact.
  5. Preference. Depends on your playstyle. if you want to CC everything and have plenty of power range, Ice Wave Impedence is a great choice while Chilling Globe has a chance to freeze hostiles inside snowglobe (i find this rather pointless outside of a situation where i'm not able to be attentive due to multiple objectives or the such since Snow Globe freezes and pushes out hostiles in range on the initial cast).

11 hours ago, kalikilic said:

first image is the build i use, 2nd image is the effects it has on the abilities. with that build you can do almost anything rly. you globe is good enough for most things, and your avalanche is also good enough; what it doesnt kill, it will cause 100% armor reduc, albeit with very low duration of the reduc. thing about that build is that the avalanche is spammable af. so its pretty decent.

I assume you don't want to forma the aura but why not use Stand United instead of rejuvenatetion?

What i like to use is

Vitality, Primed Continiuty, Fleeting Expertise R3, Streamline, Stretch, Transient Fortitude, Icy Avalance (augument), Ice Wave Impedance (Augument) and Cunning Drift for the Exilus.

Aura doesn't matter but i use Energy Siphon for utility reasons.

Icy Avalance adds a Numerical Ward, kinda similar to iron skin (Just damage absorb, no armor scaling i'd know of tho) to you and everyone in range of your avalance depending on your strength and hit enemys, what gives you a strong motivation to use it regulary. IWI adds a ice dbuff to the ground that Cc's incomming units. 

Rather Cc centered build that allows you to be as close to enemys as you want to. I use it with a Slash status/crit Galatine, a sentinel for energy orb Vacuum and heals and naramon focus for melee boost and invisbility but anything works really. Works perfectly fine for just spamming globes as well but adds additional support and Cc while freeing you from the mandatory to stay behind said globe.

As i can only assume your MR and progress:

Feel free to replace Primed Con with the nonprimed mod, Transient Fortitude with Intensify and Ice Wave Impedance with more Duration as it needs at least a basic ammount of duration to operate at all. Using The normal Continiuty and Intensify should balance it out to at least something close to 100% though.

Also feel free to PM me ingame. Would be my pleasure to provide you with the auguments should you not have access to them yet ;)

On 3/23/2017 at 5:50 AM, (PS4)ElectricWolfgod said:

I'm really confused whether I'm building my warframes right, or just doing a crappy job. I need a frost build but my current one in vitality, redirection, steel fiber, stretch, armored agility, flow, Physique, rush, thief's wit and streamline. Any suggestions for my builds?

Whatever built you are using, just make sure that the health of your bubble reaches 18k.. (it all depends on Armor. that's what makes it stronger)

And you need the chilling globe mod

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Whatever built you are using, just make sure that the health of your bubble reaches 18k.. (it all depends on Armor. that's what makes it stronger)

And you need the chilling globe mod

1st: necro much?

2nd: it's armor and power strength, with power strength being more of a contributing force

3rd: chilling globe is VERY arguable. sure it can freeze enemies that enter, but that's a flat 50% chance, not to mention:

• when you're REALLY going the distance, you're going to be recasting that every 4 seconds, which will freeze and throw out all enemies inside the globe
  • snowglobe gets health from damage taken during the first 4 seconds after casting
  • recasting snowglobe inside a snowglobe the user previously casted causes the previous globe's health to be ADDED to the new globe's health ON TOP of another 4 seconds of invulnerability where damage done to it is turned into health

Do you even frost bruh?

On June 8, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Cryozar said:

1st: necro much?

2nd: it's armor and power strength, with power strength being more of a contributing force

3rd: chilling globe is VERY arguable. sure it can freeze enemies that enter, but that's a flat 50% chance, not to mention:

• when you're REALLY going the distance, you're going to be recasting that every 4 seconds, which will freeze and throw out all enemies inside the globe
  • snowglobe gets health from damage taken during the first 4 seconds after casting
  • recasting snowglobe inside a snowglobe the user previously casted causes the previous globe's health to be ADDED to the new globe's health ON TOP of another 4 seconds of invulnerability where damage done to it is turned into health

Do you even frost bruh?

You definetly know your S#&$ thnx