Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is standing even based on?

basketofseals

The main way to earn Conclave standing is to work toward the weekly goals by completing various challenges and finishing a specific number of matches.
When you get all that stuff done, Teshin messages your Inbox and gives you a bundle of 10x rare resources, a random Stance mod, and 50,000 conclave standing.

This is only once per week, but if you want to earn a large amount of standing relatively quickly, this is a good way to do it.
Too bad Conclave is so :poop:, maybe I'd play it more if it wasn't.

Getting 50k a week is peanuts considering I can get 16k a day. I'd like to cap it if I can, but taking 3 hours every day is a bit much, especially considering that doesn't take into account just the time to find a match.

I'd be totally willing to dedicate one hour.

Edited by basketofseals

Actions that grant affinity give  - kills, assists, cephalon capture, lunaro goals, etc. grant standing.

5 kills isn't much, and I don't believe scoring in ceph capture rewards you with much. If you want standing, Annihilation is your best bet so long as you know how to score kills in a free for all.

Edited by Heckzu

That's really depressing to hear actually. I'm not really that good at PvP, and I highly doubt I'll get the skill necessary to have a nice collection of kills anyway anytime soon. Most of the time in free for all I get absolutely stomped and come away with 4 or so kills to the other guy's 20.

Standing is proportional to Affinity earned. Kills tend to grant the most standing, but modified kills grant far more standing (kill streaks, headshots, buzzkills, airbonre kills, revenge kills and domination kills multuply your standing earned). Collecting Oro also gives a lot of XP. Generally, the best way to maximize standing earned is to frag as much as possible and leave as little Oro as possible.

5 hours ago, basketofseals said:

I'm not really that good at PvP, and I highly doubt I'll get the skill necessary to have a nice collection of kills anyway anytime soon.

Aim is paramount. Lower your sensitivity, use a better mouse, and focus more on shooting. It's not going to come quickly for most people, but it'll come after some effort.

Focus more on engaging when you have advantages, such as more health, a better position, or more energy, and retreating when the odds aren't in your favor.

If you want the skins, you actually have to try to get them. 

Well there comes a point where fighting higher level players stops helping, and considering how few people actually play conclave, smashing my face into someone way above my skill level is pretty much the norm. It's not just conclave, I've never been any good at aim based shooters, and it's not like I can practice this on my own, but to be honest I also really don't want to.

Guess I'll just do Annihilation and pray to god. Ash has been pretty good at getting cheap kills so far.

Edit: Also is the in game mouse sensitivity option bugged or something? I have it set to 1 on scope, but I honestly can't notice the difference.

Edited by basketofseals

4 hours ago, basketofseals said:

Well there comes a point where fighting higher level players stops helping, and considering how few people actually play conclave, smashing my face into someone way above my skill level is pretty much the norm.

Are you playing in Recruit Conditioning? There's been no mention of it, and I've met a surprising number of new conclave players who did not even know it exists. It's in the bottom right of the Conclave Menu, next to 'Exit' and 'Clan Only'. It will put you into a separate matchmaking pool for new players, as well as disable rare-tier mods.

Well there comes a point where fighting higher level players stops helping, and considering how few people actually play conclave, smashing my face into someone way above my skill level is pretty much the norm. It's not just conclave, I've never been any good at aim based shooters, and it's not like I can practice this on my own, but to be honest I also really don't want to.

Aim is most definitely something that you can practice on your own. It also doesn't have to be boring- spending hours on Aimbooster is not how most people build aim. You can play PvE like you'd play PvP- always keep moving and shooting. I also like to recommend Unreal Tournament Instagib (UT4 is free) against high level bots; it builds precision and timing, and bot matches are much more reliable with predictable AI and the benefit of being the host machine. Aim can be applied anywhere.

Edit: Also is the in game mouse sensitivity option bugged or something? I have it set to 1 on scope, but I honestly can't notice the difference.

There are 6 different sensitivity settings, 3 for normal play. Look, Aimed, and Scoped. Look sensitivity determines how quickly your view moves by default (looking around/hipfiring). Aimed sensitivity determines how quickly your view moves when zoomed in with any non-scoped weapon (including the Seer). Scoped affects the sensitivity of any weapon with a scope (I think including the Buzlok, but not 100% sure. Definitely affects Sniper Rifles). If you want them all the feel the same (move at the same speed), then you will have to set your Look sensitivity to be lower than Aimed and Scoped to be the same as Aimed.

16 minutes ago, Witchydragon said:

Are you playing in Recruit Conditioning? There's been no mention of it, and I've met a surprising number of new conclave players who did not even know it exists. It's in the bottom right of the Conclave Menu, next to 'Exit' and 'Clan Only'. It will put you into a separate matchmaking pool for new players, as well as disable rare-tier mods.

I'm actually out of the reach of recruit conditioning. It seems pretty bad how you can outstrip it in two days, but considering how much difficulty I have just finding matches, I suppose it's not that big a deal

Aim is most definitely something that you can practice on your own. It also doesn't have to be boring- spending hours on Aimbooster is not how most people build aim. You can play PvE like you'd play PvP- always keep moving and shooting. I also like to recommend Unreal Tournament Instagib (UT4 is free) against high level bots; it builds precision and timing, and bot matches are much more reliable with predictable AI and the benefit of being the host machine. Aim can be applied anywhere.

I'm not gonna lie, the people I play with sometimes seem so beyond me that this seems pointless. Maybe if I wanted to really get into it, but I kinda don't. I think it's a little silly that I should have to go to another game for practice lol. Playing against PvE enemies doesn't really help considering they aren't also bullet jumping in weird directions.

There are 6 different sensitivity settings, 3 for normal play. Look, Aimed, and Scoped. Look sensitivity determines how quickly your view moves by default (looking around/hipfiring). Aimed sensitivity determines how quickly your view moves when zoomed in with any non-scoped weapon (including the Seer). Scoped affects the sensitivity of any weapon with a scope (I think including the Buzlok, but not 100% sure. Definitely affects Sniper Rifles). If you want them all the feel the same (move at the same speed), then you will have to set your Look sensitivity to be lower than Aimed and Scoped to be the same as Aimed.

I am SO glad to hear this. I had scoped accuracy turned down the whole time. That should make a big difference at least!

Edited by basketofseals

41 minutes ago, basketofseals said:

I'm not gonna lie, the people I play with sometimes seem so beyond me that this seems pointless. Maybe if I wanted to really get into it, but I kinda don't. 

Not every player has high accuracy, and not every player with high accuracy has the same accuracy. Any improvement in skill will allow you to beat a few more players, and then a few more, and then a few more, and then those godlike players seem within reach. 

44 minutes ago, basketofseals said:

I think it's a little silly that I should have to go to another game for practice lol.

Aim can be applied to all shooter games. If you develop good aim in something like Warframe/UT/Quake, almost all other games become trivial. Again, it's not like playing UT is the only way to develop better aim, or even the best way, it's just one of the methods that I found to work for me

41 minutes ago, basketofseals said:

Playing against PvE enemies doesn't really help considering they aren't also bullet jumping in weird directions.

It is at least a good way to sync your aim with your movements and get used to different maneuvers, such as aimglide canceling.