Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue arbitrary failure

Jezs

5 minutes ago, Jezs said:

Can the apparent time limit be turned off on these? Makes syndicate rescue basically pointless unless you have telos boltace + primed reach

3 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

You knowww there's multiple very fast ways to enter the cells room without having to open the main door, right?

^

just play low-level rescue missions then explore and find openings that directly lead to the prison, it's much faster that way than to hack and open the doors

As Paradox said, low level mission don't have a timer in order to let new player get used to the rescue room structure.
So far, every rescue mission's tileset have had a clear and easy way to enter the cells room without having to hack anything thus giving you around 40seconds-1 minute to hack into every cells. ( There is also an audio-cue from the rescue target when you approach the correct door ) If you have your audio turned on it'll help greatly. Or you can just hack everything if you don't want to pay attention to that.

I think there's a mission failure timer for Exterminate missions, which starts after enough time passes without any enemies being killed for a while. If an enemy is killed, it cancels the timer (or should do). It seems it has leaked over to other missions (I've seen Lua Spy mentioned a few times in the past), but I don't think I've encountered it myself. I can't remember (or think of) what the purpose of it is.

To clarify, I'm talking about "you let the hostage die, this mission is a failure" happening after rescuing the hostage if you spend too much time looking for syndicate medallions, even if you kill enemies consistently

On 24/03/2017 at 7:53 PM, Jezs said:

To clarify, I'm talking about "you let the hostage die, this mission is a failure" happening after rescuing the hostage if you spend too much time looking for syndicate medallions, even if you kill enemies consistently

Was this on the Uranus Sealab Tileset? I don't know if it has been fixed, but it has been mentioned in other threads that the Hostage dies if they enter the water in the Sealab Tileset. That said, I do remember the Hostage dying suddenly on Saturn once (I don't think it was a syndicate mission either).

5 hours ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Was this on the Uranus Sealab Tileset? I don't know if it has been fixed, but it has been mentioned in other threads that the Hostage dies if they enter the water in the Sealab Tileset. That said, I do remember the Hostage dying suddenly on Saturn once (I don't think it was a syndicate mission either).

I experienced this two days ago.  We rescued the target, went searching for the medallions, and while we were running down the hallway to extraction, got hit with a misison failure for letting the hostage die.

Dude was standing next to me, healthy as a cockroach. 

17 hours ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Yes, it was

Here's a demonstration of the death-by-water bug, recorded in 20.0.5 (current version at time of posting):

Spoiler

The hostage can also be knocked into the water by Shield Lancers, Powerfists, Bombard rockets, ground slams, Scorpion hooks and Roller staggers.

I also tried having the hostage knocked out of bounds by leading a Powerfist (under Nyx's Mind Control) + the hostage to a ledge, but the Hostage teleports to a valid location after falling, so all is fine there.

Edited by Prof_Blocks_007

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/03/2017 at 11:08 PM, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Here's a demonstration of the death-by-water bug, recorded in 20.0.5 (current version at time of posting):

Reveal hidden contents

The hostage can also be knocked into the water by Shield Lancers, Powerfists, Bombard rockets, ground slams, Scorpion hooks and Roller staggers.

I also tried having the hostage knocked out of bounds by leading a Powerfist (under Nyx's Mind Control) + the hostage to a ledge, but the Hostage teleports to a valid location after falling, so all is fine there.

This is still an issue as of 20.2.2.