Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about progression

Khinsei

Question

Hello everyone! I'm Spiral and I'm actually a founder who recently got back into the game after a pretty long break, but this is something I've been asking myself for quuuuite some time:  

• What's the best progression path to follow? I mean, should I farm every mod that I need first? Should I level all the Warframes and gear I like first and just slap whatever mods I find in my way? Should I make my Liset prettier first? (!)

There's so much stuff to do in WF and it's very hard to decide what to focus on, so I'd love some advice! Thanks!  

4 answers to this question

I would say make unlocking the star map your first priority, using whatever gear is most effective. You will get most of the mods and resources that you need later as well.

After that i would say try farming and playing the different warframes and testing out new weapons until you find a few load-outs that suit your playstyle.

THEN its time to start farming the mods and primes, and min-maxing your gear.

*All of this is merely my personal opinion*

I would recommend farming up the basic mods first. Intensify, Stretch, Flow, Continuity, Streamline for warframes. Serration, split chamber, vital sense, etc for weapons. After you do that you should watch some videos and LEARN THE MODDING SYSTEM. Sorry if I sound harsh but it is a good idea to actually know what you are doing while modding your gear. I feel I cannot stress that point enough.

Also try to get up to mastery rank 8, by then you can get most weapons which will be able to help you through the star chart, as well as access all the relays. I also recommend increasing your arsenal of warframes to adapt to certain mission types.

Warframes I recommend crafting: Frost from Lech Kril (War on Mars), Trinity from Vor and Lech Kril (Exta on Ceres) and Nova from Raptors (Naamah on Europa). These frames are really good team players and when built right can bring squads up to really high levels.

Sorry If this is a lot of information to digest, but this is probably my best advice.

Also, join a clan ASAP, they can provide you with really good gear and warframes.

And remember to learn the modding system!!

Thank you for listening to me ramble.

But remember, everyone has their own playstyle, so you don't have to stick to every single piece of advice I give.

Edited by junyynyyn

Welcome back fellow founder. To be honest with the recent changes to the star map, most beginning players need to focus on completing Junctions (the little magnet shaped icons that connect the planets together). They're your gateway onto other planets. They'll reward you with quests and decent early gear (I don't know at what rank you are personally so some of the gear might not be that great or you might have it already). Best frame to reach for first is rhino on venus especially since they made him easier to build with earlier available gear and lowered his master requirement. I advise that you try to reach the void early on (right after Mars) so you can get your hand on some control modules since you'll need them to build rhino and most other frames. There are a quite a few easy to get weapons early that are very good early on. I highly recommend the harpak (which was a great early burston rifle to begin with, and its getting a really good buff soon as well). You might get in a pickle at some point where you'll really need to start using forma, You can get them more easily from relic missions than anywhere else (you'll need a relic for a relic mission, different relic types have different drops. Mostly prime parts, but most have at a chance to drop forma). Good luck. If you need any knowledge on Damage types and builds I recommend checking out Warframe Wikia or content creators on youtube. Tactical Potato has a lot of beginner instructions on what to do and where to go, I would check him out.

I think I should've mentioned this before, I'm kind of an "experienced beginner". On one hand, I actually am Mastery Rank 8 and have a couple decent weapons and mods (all the mods juny mentioned and I finally got Barrel Diffusion a couple days ago, yay!) but on the other, I kinda went and did whatever I felt like without thinking too much about the order, so even though I'm supposed to have a good amount of experience, I'm somewhat lost! So I think I'll just go ahead and complete the star chart (which I haven't completed yet, for some reason) and then get to everything else.

Thank you for your answers, guys!