Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE separate tenno and enemy weapons when you buff them

AdunSaveMe

Supra gets buffed, the tech becomes one of the strongest units in the game, and does more damage PER SHOT than a sniper crewman.

Ignis gets buffed, scorches and hyekka masters become hitscan death machines, with a couple of bugs to go with it.

When you buff weapons, PLEASE make enemies use something else. It is very clear that the changes made to the weapons we use also carry over to enemies. It just messes up enemy balance when half of them are doing three times the damage of ever other unit at the same level. Logically, it makes sense. Unfortunately, logic is not a good decider for balance, which should be prioritised.

I'm pretty sure that enemies are using completely different damage output calculations when compared to us.
Sure they can scale infinitely, but buffing or nerfing the weapons for our singular use won't change the damage enemy units with the same weapons are dealing.

AFAIK.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

10 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I'm pretty sure that enemies are using completely different damage output calculations when compared to us.
Sure they can scale infinitely, but buffing or nerfing the weapons for our singular use won't change the damage enemy units with the same weapons are dealing.

AFAIK.

This isn't entirely accurate. They use different damage scaling, but the stat changes to the weapons still affect them a lot. Like I said, techs became super powerful, and so did scorches. They both use post-buff versions of their respective weapons, with the same mechanics.

They are both more powerful because of those buffs. This is a fact. Their damage output and potential is higher.

9 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

I thought the same thing lol, not looking forward to facing bombards with a better ogris.

On the matter of the ogris, the bombard ogris actually seems like it might be the only weapon (or one of them) that is actually separate. Theirs is different in that it has slower travel time and homing capability. So maybe it won't be affected.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

It really bugs me that the enemies' weapons scale from the same stats that ours do.
I don't get why DE didn't just give enemy Scorches/Techs/etc a different weapon entirely, that just happens to call on the model/sounds/etc of the Supra/Ignis. You know, let their versions and our versions of the same weapon be totally unrelated stat-wise.

But while we have this weird system going, it's a damn shame that we can't use the steroid-infused Krakens that Seekers have.

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

This isn't entirely accurate. They use different damage scaling, but the stat changes to the weapons still affect them a lot. Like I said, techs became super powerful, and so did scorches. They both use post-buff versions of their respective weapons, with the same mechanics.

They are both more powerful because of those buffs. This is a fact. Their damage output and potential is higher.

On the matter of the ogris, the bombard ogris actually seems like it might be the only weapon (or one of them) that is actually separate. Theirs is different in that it has slower travel time and homing capability. So maybe it won't be affected.

Oh thank god! (concerning the ogris)