Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There a Reason Why Telos Boltace Is Getting a New Mechanic?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Telos Boltace was a unique weapon with a great mechanic. Guaranteed slash procs on slide. Its was a great weapon to put maiming strike on & it had its uses. Dont understand why its getting changed to something medicore that draw enemies towards you. Its almost like us players cant get too confortable with a weapon with a great mechanic. Meanwhile you have other melee weapons like Ohma that can red crit on slide attacks with a 1.5 multiplier that instant kills the strongest enemies & the Sancti Magistar that can heal defense objectives that remain untouched.

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I assumed this but its not different than warframe aoe abilities like Embers WoF.

Thats true, but fire falls off a lot sooner than slash procs. After a while ember doesnt really do anything.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I assumed this but its no different than warframe aoe abilities like Embers WoF.

Maybe because it was getting out of hand with how many people were macroing the living hell out of it and turning themselves I to a blur of noise, eye cancer and slash procs.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Is There a Reason Why Telos Boltace Is Getting a New Mechanic?

You mean other than the dozens of threads and hundreds of replies about people abusing the current mechanics by macroing a slide attack into a single click that was very very OP?  Nope, no reason at all.

I would have been satisfied had they just put a delay on its slide attack 'passive' but I guess that would have interfered with normal slide attacks so they decided this was a better decision.  

To be honest, this is really only going to affect two types of players.  Those who abused the living bejesus out of the slide macro and those who depended on it to break containers in a wide area.  Anyone who didn't rely solely on the slide attack using macros probably won't be too perturbed by this.

Of course it will be easier to complain about the nerf after we play the nerf.

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Still trying to figure out if Sancti Magistar healing objectives is intended since all of the Warframe abilities that used to heal objectives was nerfed. 

It'll be intended for four years, before they decide it was actually never intended and nerf it.

Edited by Voidforged

Maybe involving a momentum mechanic for slide attacks would be better where once you slide attack you need to either build momentum again by having a speed based loadout and waiting .2 - .5 seconds before it let's you slide again, or simply have a check running in the background that hinders the player movement if they're spamming it in an obviously abusive way (think what mirrors edge did to pirates).  I want them to AT LEAST keep how the effect interacts with crates, it's the only reason I ever use the Telos Boltace and I don't want to be required to equip the ignis if I want a reasonably fast method of clearing trash items when medallion hunting.

7 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Because DE wants Atterax to win the debate once and for all. Image result for kappa

3 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

Yup, now Atterax is finally the best melee of all...
(But Telos Boltace definitely was the most overpowered)

Is the Atterax seriously good or you guys are just messing with me? Lol

Ssshht... Stop drawing attention to the Atterax!!

😺😺

As to the OP, I still think the dizzy-stagger, that one of the combos of Tempo Royale has, would be a better (and more logical) way to deal with slide-spamming. But I can't fault DE for trying something original in stead.