Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lantern would be much better if the target was immobile

AdunSaveMe

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's already kinda iffy with stopping AI but the fact that the target can float off and up into space just makes it very unwieldy. 

I want to say they did this for balance reasons but I can't disagree, they went a bit overboard with the momentum on the target for sure.  Even a target that isn't moving when hit just flies about erratically sometimes.  And the whole thing about being to kinda control it via attacks doesn't work half as well as advertised either.

Definitely needs some fine tuning.

27 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I want to say they did this for balance reasons but I can't disagree, they went a bit overboard with the momentum on the target for sure. 

I think it's just because it works the same way as Spellbind.

27 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

And the whole thing about being to kinda control it via attacks doesn't work half as well as advertised either.

Especially since attacks actually just go through Lantern targets.

11 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's already kinda iffy with stopping AI but the fact that the target can float off and up into space just makes it very unwieldy. 

Lantern would function much better if the target was simply frozen in midair.

It would be much better if the bait stayed put.

One of the biggest issues with the floating lantern is your own sentinel. If you've got one with a rapid firing weapon, it'll open fire on the lantern and it'll be reaching escape velocity forthwith.

You can counteract this by only using it in enclosed spaces, but that only goes so far. I was going to use Titania recently in an interception, but then realized it was on Earth. Wide open spaces. Lantern. Yeah. Went with NyxP instead.

The lantern really does need to be fixed in place or very resistant to movement.

• 4 weeks later...