Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't forget about Machete, Furax and Spectra!

Twilight053

I'd say don't forget about "every single beam weapon (status per second) except quanta".  It boggles the brain how they attacked some of glaxion's problems but failed to see the underlying problem with that weapon type specifically.

But yeah, might as well throw daggers in there too.  Unless people are super happy with every dagger being absolute crap unless one, (just one no others needed) mod is thrown on it and suddenly its god-like.

In my opinion, machetes need their unique gimmick, like throwing spears (javlok and ferrox), otherwise they are pretty much underclass swords, and i can't even imagine stance that could not be applied to sword, or a model overall. 

Gazal is only somewhat decent option through the machete class. And only because of it's synergy with jiin

15 hours ago, Quanlain said:

In my opinion, machetes need their unique gimmick, like throwing spears (javlok and ferrox), otherwise they are pretty much underclass swords

Gazal is only somewhat decent option through the machete class. And only because of it's synergy with jiin

one could say they already have a 'gimmick', they just can't put it to use.

the good Machete Class Weapons (Prova Vandal, Gazal, Nami Solo) have stats that can show what Machete Class Weapons can be like.
and, this is being like a 'heavy' Sword - where instead of flexibility and speed being a primary attribute, trading that for almost the exact inverse. powerful, committed/determined swings.

so above average Damage, with high Status and solid Crit Stats - and as long as they get real Animations some day - you've got yourself some competent Weapons. not so great at Killing Trash, but hitting hard and with considerable Utility.
real Animations for them would also likely include many Staggers, Knockdowns, and Et Cetera in addition to the high natural Status. one could think of the possible place they can sit as a middleground between Longswords and Hammers/Heavy Melee. on the middle of the trend for both speed and power between the three Categories (with Longswords being the most speed and the least power, Heavy Melee the least speed and the most power).

• 1 month later...

The Furax Wraith is nice, it is even one of my Top3 Weapons ! The single punches arent that strong (sometimes [?] )  but when its perform the 3punch-kill-animation its super effective. But there is also a problem because not all enemys are able to attack with that animation it just wont happen, so you have to hit´em realy often before they go down with low dmg outcome. What would be nice and also would make more sence in a visual way, when The Furax has a bit more Puncture Damage, i mean it has  5 long spikes on each fist that would buff the base Damage a bit and is also good against Armor. Man that would be so awesome.