Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey [DE], Make more abilities break containers?

Xekrin

Okay, so one thing I've noticed most about the recent discussion on the Telos Boltace 'nerf/rework/mechanic change' is that people are pretty upset that it may no longer break containers as it once did.  Of course, we aren't even sure it won't at this point because we've yet to actually use it, however this brings up an issue I have been pondering for quite a while.

Not a whole lot of abilities break containers.  Now clearly I am referring primarily to aoe abilities, I've noticed that only a few are capable of effectively breaking containers in a wide area.  My goto for container breakage once upon a time was equinox maim, but of course that requires at least 1 point of damage dealt to enemies before it can do so.  Another that I used often in Void runs for rare mods was Nyx absorb which was great for hitting containers inside walls, but that has a very limited range.

Now comes a few examples of good aoe abilities that do not hit containers.  Frost's avalanche and ice wave do not (just tested), I read somewhere that saryn's molt explosions do but never tested (small range anyway) but miasma does not (understandable I suppose).  Rhino's stomp sort of does but they have to be nearby.  I've used it enough to know that even if they are technically within range of the actual stomp, if you are too far away they won't break.

Personally, I think more abilities need to affect the environment, and specifically containers because why not.  What's it gonna hurt, really?  Not much IMO.  I don't know how much effort would need to be done for this to happen, so I shall relent if this is simply too tedious to make happen.  It does feel like it would be a great QoL change if more abilities could affect containers.

And just for fun, I'd like to bring up the Sentinel Looter mod, which quite simply is terrible.  There are (probably?) dozens of posts about this mod and how ineffective it is for doing the job it was specifically designed to do.  In a nutshell, it should work exactly like vacuum and break all containers within range immediately, not have such a terrible delay (not to mention doing them one by one) as to make it completely pointless to even consider using.

The above is based on my experiences when I first obtained the mod and upon testing and discovering its uselessness have not used it since.  If looter actually did its job (and became universal, like vacuum), this thread wouldn't even exist.

That's all (is it too much?)  Thank you for your time.

I think some abilties should also affect all other objects. It's kinda ridiculous when nidus first ability cannot even destroy a sapper osprey mine. Telos boltace main reason of use is not the damage for me for example, but the fact that you can use it as a can opener in syndicate missions to see on the minimap what breaks and look for emblems easier and destroy osprey mines and infested slime puddles.

If you want a good abiltiy to destroy containers i can recommend you rhinos iron skin augment with a max range build.

Edited by Genoscythe

6 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I think some abilties should also affect all other objects. It's kinda ridiculous when nidus first ability cannot even destroy a sapper osprey mine.

Oh my yes, it is a burning frustration whenever I use some abilities in corpus sorties and everything dies EXCEPT SAPPER CIRCLES OF DOOM.

So yeah, those too, I suppose this thread should have covered that but alas I've been awake over 30 hours.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Considering Steve did not like the amount of boxes he encountered during few starting hours of his streamed gameplay, expect amount of boxes and caches to be nerfed = overall nerf to resource numbers.

This is not the priority I hope. For your purpose use max range Atterax and day form Equinox with high efficiency + Vacuum on Carrier. 

4 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

expect amount of boxes and caches to be nerfed = overall nerf to resource numbers.

Pretty sure he mentioned it along with stuffing more resources into fewer containers.  So instead of a dozen containers with 10 credits each, it'd be 1 or 2 with 200 credits or whatever.  I did forget about that, thanks for the reminder.

4 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

For your purpose use max range Atterax and day form Equinox with high efficiency + Vacuum on Carrier. 

This is less of a seeking alternatives thread and more about how some abilities should have more environmental effectiveness and not be so selective about their targeting.  I do use equinox though.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)marshb863 said:

Doesn't the carrier have a precept that auto breaks containers within a certain range? I'm pretty sure it does. Never tried it tho so I don't know if the range on it useful or not.  :(

Yes, I mentioned it at the bottom my first post.   It's called Looter.  It has a fairly low range, shoots containers one at a time with a hefty delay in between, requires a weapon to be equipped, and if I'm remembering correctly doesn't work so well (at all?) while stealthed.  Making it far easier to just break them yourself.

+1.

Telos Boltace is a wonderful "crate-breaker".

Aaaand If its "rework" would make it suck at that job... I guess the "Looter" mod could become actually good at its job or something else should happen, at the very least.

Crate-breaking is serious business, indeed with no jokes.

It's very important QoL matter, if you ask me.

Edited by NativeKiller