Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Balance Changes

Dylshero

The first thing most people will be expecting reading this is salt which I understand but I think in general the changes are good just there are one or two things I would change.

First of all I agree with the tonkor nerf as it was way to overpowered and the self damage will add a bit of skill to using the weapon.

Secondly a lot of the buffed weapons were very poor weapons to begin with and their buffs will probably bring them to mid tier but against high level scaling you won't notice much of a difference on most of these weapons so maybe one or two could be buffed slightly further or mods or syndacite mods for the weapons could be released along side to help these weapons as most of them are interesting weapons.

Third is that the telos boltace which was good but wasn't so good that it deserved a nerf so severe.

Fourth is some of the weapons new mastery ranks are a bit high (Panthera MR7? Buzlock MR9?) which at that MR you can get much better weapons then even their soon to be buffed versions.

Fifth is about both simulor's. Firstly it could still be good but you will have to change builds and play style to use the explosion's more and less orb stacking so it might not be much of a nerf over time but the immediate effect will seem like a nerf and overall I would still say it will end up being a nerf but not as severe as was first think. I think the standard simulor didn't deserve a nerf as it wasn't very strong in the first place and its been made worse which I don't think needed to happen it could have been left as it is or even given a small buff. 

Then the synoid simulor has been brought from a amazing weapon to from the looks of the changes to a low tier weapon (which again overtime might not really happen so severely I still think it will drop from a top tier weapon but might still be quite a good weapon we will have to see) I understand why the nerf happened and agree with a nerf but in my opinion the nerf was a bit harsh to reduce its damage of the orb stacking from max 250 to max 50 like thats an 80% reduction which is a lot. I know they buffed its explosion damage from 50 -250 which brought it the other way but the way the gun works it will reduce overall dps and the range of the orb stacking has been reduced at from 3-8 to 1-3 which is also a big change. So I think maybe bring the range up to 2-5 and damage up to 150 and maybe reduce the explosion damage to 175. 

Also an important to notice is the critical chance addition won't work so it makes it an even harsher nerf even though the crit wouldn't have done much it would have done a small bit.

Overall I think most of the buffs are positive and good with one or two weapons still being maybe slightly too weak and that the tonkor nerf was needed. The synoid simulor nerf was needed but a bit harsh and the standard simulor never needed a nerf in the first place. Anyway that's my thoughts on the matter in my own opinion feel free to say what you think in the comments and whether you agree or disagree but I think in general in terms of weapon balance it is a step in the right direction but maybe some things slightly over and under done.

Edited by Dylshero

Uh, "Telos Boltace wasn't amazing in the first place"?

Are you messed up in the head? Did you ever use it? Did you use Maiming Strike on it?

Simulor wasn't buffed. The weapon was used to damage enemies from stacking the orbs. Since they reduced the damage of stacking and the range of stacking, it's a nerf.

I can't wait to hear people complaining that they can't cheese through Warframe with a Tonkor. 

I wasn't saying they were bad but I meant they didnt need the nerf and I never said the simulor was buffed I just said over time I think with builds the nerf will look less severe. Also last point is a good point in so much salt is gonna come from that nerf

1 hour ago, Dylshero said:

telos boltace which wasn't amazing in the first place has been made worse which it should have been given a slight buff.

no.

Stopped reading right there. If he said anything valuable after that, let me know.