Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace Change and Excalibur

(XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter

After reading the Telos Boltace change I was a bit disheartened. Not because my toy was getting nerfed, I never really used it much myself, but because such a cool concept was being scrapped in favor of a CC whirlwind. 

After seeing what some people could do with the weapon I understand why it had to go, but does it truly need to be lost to the void?

What Im saying is, put it on an Ability. Make it a part of a Warframe. And what better Warframe than the games mascot and signature sword master, Excalibur.

So how would this work with Excalibur? Simple. Many people don't like Excals current slide attack while Exalted Blade is active. As it is it's a mini radial blind that costs energy. But why use it? Why not use RB at its full power?

Whats left is a technique that Excalibur can't do. Even in its current form, it's not a slide attack. It's a slide stun. So let's replace it with the Telos Boltace spin Slash at full capacity. That means guaranteed Slash procs and its synergy with relentless combination. It would, of course, also retain the energy cost, but now it would be worth it.

TL;DR 

Replace Excaliburs slide attack with the effect of the "pre nerf" Telos Boltace.

Edited by (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Replace Excaliburs slide attack with the effect of the "pre nerf" Telos Boltace.

sounds good.  I actually disdain using excal's ult because I have become quite accustomed to sliding to attack and I cannot do so with Excal with his ult active.  This would be a nice change.  

1 hour ago, Diarmut said:

Yessssssss. I want my Telos Boltace spin back, and putting it on excal would make spinning SUPER fun. Maybe replace the old particles with the swords from radial javelin though.(?)

That would be cool actually. I'm thinking along the lines of standard top down RPG tropes where your character has like a ring of blades that spin for a time? I think it would transition well into his kit.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

sounds good.  I actually disdain using excal's ult because I have become quite accustomed to sliding to attack and I cannot do so with Excal with his ult active.  This would be a nice change.  

Exactly why I thought of it myself. I'm not an Excalibur main, not anymore, but he remains to be my most used Warframe. So of course I'd try to think of ways to make my old main a bit better.

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

hell, I'd go as far as making his 3 the pre nerf slide attack as an ability instead.

Eh, I can see the thought process of this, but personally I'd rather it be his slide Attack. Radial Javelin has its place. So does this.

24 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIUS !!!! I LOVE THIS IDEA !!!! :smile:

I never use a slide attack when exalted blade activated coz it sucks. DE should listen to this.

Lol thanks for the vote of approval, but I wouldn't say im a genius. It's literally just replacing an ability with something that already exists, but is about to be removed from the game.

So I'm loving the responses lol. Hopefully DE takes the time to see this and realizes this is something people would want.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Eh, I can see the thought process of this, but personally I'd rather it be his slide Attack. Radial Javelin has its place. So does this.

true...but until they do something to make RJ worth using...its kind of moot.

1 minute ago, Kalvorax said:

true...but until they do something to make RJ worth using...its kind of moot.

Definitely... though the same could be said about a LOT of other frames tbh. Ember's Fireball. Mirage's Sleight of Hand. Oberon's Smite. And much, much more. A lot of rather underwhelming, not very thought out abilities in this game. And they might be fixed in due time... in due time... Soon(tm).

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Haven't heard of any new changes (besides the need to wield it, what's acceptable)...care to elaborate? Is another nerf comming to consoles?

12 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Telos Boltace:

• The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.
  • This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
  • The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
  • The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
  • This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.  

1 minute ago, Kalvorax said:

Thx >.> 

Geez, what DID people even do with it? Didn't work with combo mods, had small crits and the slash status it made was static... The damage even fell off with range. Only thing that even made this weapon was it's range, what made it a kinda nice tool to set status (For Saryn mostly...cause we all mained saryn bc of that) and to trigger naramon while beein forced to wield it.

Back to orthos i guess, depending on the CD.

Yesssss!!! Pleas DE make this happen I always hated excals spin attack with exalted blade doing a snall range blind while I can just spam radial blind anyways. It would make him perfect

Edited by Starwake

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Thx >.> 

Geez, what DID people even do with it? Didn't work with combo mods, had small crits and the slash status it made was static... The damage even fell off with range. Only thing that even made this weapon was it's range, what made it a kinda nice tool to set status (For Saryn mostly...cause we all mained saryn bc of that) and to trigger naramon while beein forced to wield it.

Back to orthos i guess, depending on the CD.

By itself it wasn't anything to be worried about, except visually assaulting if spammed. However in the hands of frames like Mirage and buffed by other frames it was extremely deadly with little drawback, which is the whole point of the weapon balance pass I suppose.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

By itself it wasn't anything to be worried about, except visually assaulting if spammed. However in the hands of frames like Mirage and buffed by other frames it was extremely deadly with little drawback, which is the whole point of the weapon balance pass I suppose.

Sure, cause the x3 multiplier from mirage or, ya know, up to regulary 9-15x multiplier from banshee is something to laugh at with regular melee...

The slash proccs from my galatine alone make the scaling of the game simply vanish, on builds that essencially run on nothing but basic mechanics and utility.

What's the point in nerfing weapons because of frame abilitys? Yeah, they get a boost. That's the whole point of the ability.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Wow this is just a super good idea. I hope this idea gets enough recognition on the forum, then It may actually become reaility. Telos Boltace mechanic was just too op for a single weapon, but for Excalibur's slide attack, It would be totally justifyable and nobody could rly complain. It totally fits Excalibur and his Exalted blade and his current slide combo with Excalted is kinda useless. 

6 hours ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Wow this is just a super good idea. I hope this idea gets enough recognition on the forum, then It may actually become reaility. Telos Boltace mechanic was just too op for a single weapon, but for Excalibur's slide attack, It would be totally justifyable and nobody could rly complain. It totally fits Excalibur and his Exalted blade and his current slide combo with Excalted is kinda useless. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

A wonderful idea my friend. You got my full support.

Thanks for the support!