Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any "crate-breakers" or "can-openers" to recommend? Want to get ready for the nerf on T. Boltace

NativeKiller

Question

Looking for a good "Crate-breaker" or "Can-opener" to replace "Telos Boltace" when it gets nerfed.

Yeah, I am going to need one for Syndicate marker hunting. (LOL)

The only one that comes into mind is Ignis, since I don't want to use Simulor-Mirage for unless I have to.

(Rather than being against the Simulor-Mirage combination itself, especially when playing SOLO, I just don't want to be locked into a Warframe)

So, anything better than Ignis?

Thanks in advance. :3

Edited by NativeKiller

22 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

The Ignis/Wraith is the ultimate for this.

It works great when modded normally and can clear giant rooms in a huge area with firestorm+reach.

Try it out fam.

As for melees, Atterax /w primed reach.

Prolly going to be using Ignis Wraith, I guess. Thanks. :D

Edited by NativeKiller

Just now, Xekrin said:

I dunno about better, but throwing weapons with concealed explosives works pretty well.  Also feel free and support my idea here

I will support your idea since QoL is really, really important, indeed!

Thanks for showing me your thread. :)

I have a number of options for you, which I all went through before TB existed:

1. Equinox with power range and Maim, needs at least a counter of 1 to nuke though, best to combine with another option 
  2. Ignis with Firestorm, Heavy Caliber and Sinister Reach
  3. Attica/Zhuge with fire rate, multishot and Thunderbolt
  4. Hikou Prime with fire rate, multishot and Concealed Explosives
  5. Slide attacking with Orthos Prime or any whip with decent range

5 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I have a number of options for you, which I all went through before TB existed:

1. Equinox with power range and Maim, needs at least a counter of 1 to nuke though, best to combine with another option 
  2. Ignis with Firestorm, Heavy Caliber and Sinister Reach
  3. Attica/Zhuge with fire rate, multishot and Thunderbolt
  4. Hikou Prime with fire rate, multishot and Concealed Explosives
  5. Slide attacking with Orthos Prime or any whip with decent range

I guess I can go with option number 2 or 5.

I am fine with both really, it's just that Telos Boltace was really darned good at crate-breaking. (LOL)

5 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

I guess I can go with option number 2 or 5.

I am fine with both really, it's just that Telos Boltace was really darned good at crate-breaking. (LOL)

Max range/efficiency Nyx does the trick, just jump forward, find crates, tap 4 twice and see it all go to nothing. That's my setup for syndicate missions, and I combine it with the penta to maximize the level at which it is viable as a damage dealer (getting 20-30K on a tap of a button is next level nuking, though it is also heavy on energy)

Just now, GDSK-NXS said:

Max range/efficiency Nyx does the trick, just jump forward, find crates, tap 4 twice and see it all go to nothing. That's my setup for syndicate missions, and I combine it with the penta to maximize the level at which it is viable as a damage dealer (getting 20-30K on a tap of a button is next level nuking, though it is also heavy on energy)

Oooooooooooh, nice info!

Thanks, fellow Tenno! That's really smart! :3

I'm inclined to agree with what a few of the previous folks said. If your looking to find something that is an entirely direct replacement for your telos, I throughly reccomend grabbing an orthos and commencing operation seek-and-flail for maximum chest-bursting action, for both the body kind and the box kind.

Edited by Unus

So which melee weapon has the longest "slide attack" range then? Aside from Telos "soon-to-be-nerfed" Boltace?

Orthos P? Atterax?

IIRC, Orthos P has the longest "slide attack" range while Atterax generally has longer ranged attacks. :3

Am I right though?

Does the Orthos P have the longest "slide attack" range?

Does anyone use it for "crate-breaking" on "syndicate marker hunts"?

...Telos Boltace was just sooo good at breaking crates. :(

I don't think my 3 forma'd Ignis Wraith would even come close to its performance.

Edited by NativeKiller

Zarr is a great choice, use explosive modsand whatnot to make some bigger. It also doesn't blow you up when fired in close proximity.otherwise any syndicate weapon with the air will still work. Why you think simulor mirage is the best I don't know, but a simulor with multishot only requires firing twice to explode, and fills affinity fast. As far as melee whips seem to be largest range.

Ignis is always a good option there, based on how you mod it

Primed reach Atterax is just an absurdly good weapon, spin attacks clear rooms, crates and enemies included. With a range that big your combo counter increases really fast and atterax has amazing crit stats.

Been using it forever but never seen anyone else use it in game....that said I kind of hope it doesn't get that big, I'd even say it's better than the telos boltace because you don't need to switch to melee to get the huge range